Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyMan
Opinion will vary but this was compiled by what was highlighted by most members:

All allow 2 adult with 2 kids
Print Wikipost

which Hyatt in Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 11:03 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Not a Platinum benefit per se, but if it's three adults, the only hotel that allows you to use an award stay without paying for an upgrade (ie, the only hotel where the base room accommodates three adults) is Andaz Tokyo.

You'll also have access to drinks and pastries in the morning and free snacks in the lobby throughout your stay.
Since we are arriving pretty late (probably around 1AM after a 10:45 arrival into HND), is there anything to eat around there?

I saw online that it seems quite dead in that area at night.
Old May 21, 2015, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kxc262
Since we are arriving pretty late (probably around 1AM after a 10:45 arrival into HND), is there anything to eat around there?

Unless you want room service (pretty sure they still have a limited menu for late night) you will probably do best eating at Haneda. Some interesting places to be found there even late at night.
Old May 21, 2015, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kxc262

I'd take a Bebu Burger around that time. The room service salmon Don is also pretty good.
Old May 21, 2015, 2:26 am

Have room service at Andaz. I can't imagine staying at the airport to eat after arrival.
Old May 21, 2015, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aventine
I'd take a Bebu Burger around that time.
Bebu closes at 10:30pm.
Old May 21, 2015, 4:07 am

Bebu closes at 10:30pm.
"Bebu" burgers (prepared in the main kitchen) are available through 24 hour room service.
Old May 21, 2015, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
"Bebu" burgers (prepared in the main kitchen) are available through 24 hour room service.
They're pretty much the same but you can only have the original with shoestring fries.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:46 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Traveling to Tokyo next summer with a group of friends. just CANNOT decide between PH or Andaz. (never been to either location, last time in Tokyo I stayed at Ritz Roppongi)

Love that PH has the novelty factor from movies and can use a DSU but it's sooo dated looking.

Love Andaz is new and chic but sucks that I can't apply a DSU.

Want to see if I can get some expert advise from the community.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by htang333
Traveling to Tokyo next summer with a group of friends. just CANNOT decide between PH or Andaz. (never been to either location, last time in Tokyo I stayed at Ritz Roppongi)

Love that PH has the novelty factor from movies and can use a DSU but it's sooo dated looking.

Love Andaz is new and chic but sucks that I can't apply a DSU.

Want to see if I can get some expert advise from the community.
I'll always choose Andaz over Park Hyatt. If you need the space for you and your buddies then I guess it has to be PH.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:05 pm

Speaking as someone in the same position (i.e. haven't stayed in either), personally I would go to Andaz unless I need the space.

Andaz seems to be talked about almost as an "Aman-lite" - I don't remember hearing such praise for the PH any longer.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stargold
Speaking as someone in the same position (i.e. haven't stayed in either), personally I would go to Andaz unless I need the space.

Andaz seems to be talked about almost as an "Aman-lite" - I don't remember hearing such praise for the PH any longer.
I would go so far as to say Aman's equal or even better (in some respects).
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:48 pm
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Everyone, thanks for the prompt feedback.

I've actually booked a Suite at PHT already with a DSU but now I'm going to take another look at Andaz (maybe split my stay).

Wow, the PH is actually cheaper ($341) than Andaz ($418) during my dates (next June)...has it really fallen off that much?

I'm especially surprised that even comp a suite at PH vs. a standard/deluxe at Andaz, people are leaning hard towards Andaz, still.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, the PH is actually cheaper ($341) than Andaz ($418) during my dates (next June)...has it really fallen off that much?
1. Base room is bigger at Andaz (50 sq metre compared to 45)
2. The room and the facilities are obviously newer.
3. Staff at Andaz is friendlier and more accommodating
4. Lounge has lots of tasty drinks and appetizers throughout the day for all guests
5. Award reservations are cheaper than PHT.

That's just a few of the items in the Andaz's favor that I can think of off the top of my head. Most of my reasons for ultimately preferring the PHT anyway depend on having Diamond status.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:18 pm
formerly htang333

1. Base room is bigger at Andaz (50 sq metre compared to 45)
2. The room and the facilities are obviously newer.
3. Staff at Andaz is friendlier and more accommodating
4. Lounge has lots of tasty drinks and appetizers throughout the day for all guests
5. Award reservations are cheaper than PHT.

That's just a few of the items in the Andaz's favor that I can think of off the top of my head. Most of my reasons for ultimately preferring the PHT anyway depend on having Diamond status.

Thanks for your input!

Reasons for wanting to stay at PH:
the suite upgrade is of such great value
have space for my friends and I to hang out
The hype I've heard over the years

However, I do prefer modern facilities so Andaz seems to fit the bill much better.
While I'm a Diamond, my friends aren't so that limits what I can do.

I guess I can always just stay in a regular room at Andaz (c+p) and hang out in their lounge areas/bars.

Maybe finally try PHT once it receive a renovation, in 20 years.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Everyone, thanks for the prompt feedback.

I've actually booked a Suite at PHT already with a DSU but now I'm going to take another look at Andaz (maybe split my stay).

I'm especially surprised that even comp a suite at PH vs. a standard/deluxe at Andaz, people are leaning hard towards Andaz, still.
The Andaz XL is like a junior suite. Spacious enough for me and partner. Can fit max 3 people so that might be an option for you.

You could gift them Guest of Honor and they would get breakfasts at least and other Diamond benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.