Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyMan
Opinion will vary but this was compiled by what was highlighted by most members:

All allow 2 adult with 2 kids
Print Wikipost

which Hyatt in Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 10:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by ahchiu
Coming from HKG, what should actually be the order of operations? Maybe Osaka first, then Tokyo (instead of Tokyo then Osaka)?

HKG to KIX by flight
KIX to Osaka Hilton by local train?
Osaka to Toyko by JR Shinkansen?
To Park Hyatt Tokyo by local train?
To NRT by local train?
NRT to HKG by flight

Is the above a smart and correct order of operations, in terms of value and time? Sorry, I know, probably the wrong forum, but appreciate the expertise.
One reason for doing Osaka first is to leave the best hotel experience to last, which I usually try to do. The Osaka Hilton is a nice hotel, but it would be a big drop in luxury from PHT.

For KIX to Osaka Hilton, you should probably look into a direct bus rather than the train if you have much luggage, since the train involves a change.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 1:06 pm

Change of itinerary, and will land from HKG-NRT rather late at 20:15.

With family in tow, is there a suggested route from NRT to Park Hyatt, that would also maybe allow us to grab a dinner?
Old Oct 15, 2016, 1:26 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

With baggage? I wouldn't think it's a great idea. There are plenty of fast food places in and around Shinjuku station but by the time you get there after 10pm, you may have to go for noodles, hamburgers, KFC, etc.

The last N'Ex leaves the airport at 21:44. If your flight is on time, you should have no problem making it. You'd have to be very lucky and know the airport to make the one before at 20:44.

I guess you could take the Keisei Skyliner to Ueno -- it runs as late as 22:30. In that case it might be better to get fast food at Narita airport, or a bento box to eat on the train. That's because the transfer to JR is way better at Nippori than Ueno, but there aren't many options for eating at Nippori.

Your choices aren't that great given the lateness of the hour. If you can swing it, you might consider room service.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:26 pm

I'm planning a honeymoon to Japan for next April. Even after reading through a lot of the Japan hotel threads, I'd like to ask for some help. My goal is to book all hotel accommodations with Chase Ultimate Rewards points since I don't have status with any hotel group.

For the first few nights in Tokyo, I am debating between HR Club King (17,000 points/night) and GH Grand King (25,000 points/night). How do these two room types compare?

Will the HR concierge have the same type of pull to help make dinner reservations at exclusive restaurants?

Thanks for the help!
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Enth
I'm planning a honeymoon to Japan for next April. Even after reading through a lot of the Japan hotel threads, I'd like to ask for some help. My goal is to book all hotel accommodations with Chase Ultimate Rewards points since I don't have status with any hotel group.

For the first few nights in Tokyo, I am debating between HR Club King (17,000 points/night) and GH Grand King (25,000 points/night). How do these two room types compare?

Will the HR concierge have the same type of pull to help make dinner reservations at exclusive restaurants?

Thanks for the help!
The room itself isn't much different IMHO. The Grand Hyatt room will likely be slightly bigger, but I actually prefer the renewal design of the HR Club Room. Plus you get the added bonus of the club lounge, which is good for free breakfast and evening liquor (one thing they've actually improved upon with recent updates)

Of course, that's just comparing the room. The Grand Hyatt does have nicer overall facilities and surroundings. Still, if the choice is six nights in HR Club or four nights in GH King for basically the same amount of points, then HR Club is a no-brainer for me.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 1:46 am

Thanks hailstorm!

A sort of unrelated question, are hotel concierges typically willing to help make reservations at restaurants for dates the guests aren't staying at the hotel?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Enth
Thanks hailstorm!

A sort of unrelated question, are hotel concierges typically willing to help make reservations at restaurants for dates the guests aren't staying at the hotel?
I've no personal experience. My guess is no, but it wouldn't hurt to contact in advance and ask.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:45 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is no shortage of expensive restaurants in Tokyo and it is not hard to get a reservation at many of them. So that might well be a factor in whether the concierge can help or not.

I do know that the concierges at the PH identify where they are calling from as virtually the first thing they say when the phone conversation starts and I suspect they do so because it does make a difference, at least sometimes. The HR name doesn't carry the same level of prestige, of course.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:20 am
Suspended

Just stayed a few nights at the PH Tokyo, and my God, girlfriend and I both agreed that it was one of the best hotel stays in our lives. For me, it was 2nd best in my life. What a beautiful property with fantastic service. Concierge even got us a window seat at the NY Grill.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
The room itself isn't much different IMHO. The Grand Hyatt room will likely be slightly bigger, but I actually prefer the renewal design of the HR Club Room. Plus you get the added bonus of the club lounge, which is good for free breakfast and evening liquor (one thing they've actually improved upon with recent updates)

Of course, that's just comparing the room. The Grand Hyatt does have nicer overall facilities and surroundings. Still, if the choice is six nights in HR Club or four nights in GH King for basically the same amount of points, then HR Club is a no-brainer for me.
for the HR club lounge - do you have to be a diamond or higher tier member to enjoy the breakfast and evening liquor?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ponickka
for the HR club lounge - do you have to be a diamond or higher tier member to enjoy the breakfast and evening liquor?
Anyone with access to the club lounge can partake in whatever is offered (though the legal age for consuming alcohol is 20)
Old Nov 6, 2016, 12:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
What about comparing the Club King at the Grand Hyatt vrs. the Club King at the Hyatt Regency? Which club level, lounge is preferred?

I'm planning an 8 night trip, first 4 nights at the Andaz then my last 4 nights either at the Grand Hyatt or Hyatt Regency... Grand Hyatt looks far more upscale than the Hyatt Regency in photos on TripAdvisor... but I do like the price at the HR.

Per this review the HR Club seems dismal. REVIEW HR CLUB

Old Nov 6, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I've stayed at PH, GH, HR, and Andaz. For points or C&P reservations:

GH is better (room, lounge, location) than HR, but not worth the point difference for me for a long stay. This is a personal preference, of course.

For the same points, I prefer Andaz non suite to GH suite.

I personally would stay at Andaz unless you wanted to try a different location or save points/$.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
What about comparing the Club King at the Grand Hyatt vrs. the Club King at the Hyatt Regency? Which club level, lounge is preferred?

I'm planning an 8 night trip, first 4 nights at the Andaz then my last 4 nights either at the Grand Hyatt or Hyatt Regency... Grand Hyatt looks far more upscale than the Hyatt Regency in photos on TripAdvisor... but I do like the price at the HR.
I can vouch for common sense and confirm that Grand Hyatt Tokyo lounge and concierge facilities are better than Hyatt Regency Tokyo.

Whether or not it's worth the price difference is a judgment call.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 9:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Sounds like I'll be staying at the Grand Hyatt and the Andaz..
Thanks for the feedback!

I can vouch for common sense and confirm that Grand Hyatt Tokyo lounge and concierge facilities are better than Hyatt Regency Tokyo.

Whether or not it's worth the price difference is a judgment call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.