Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Thank you!
Old Mar 8, 2017, 5:18 pm

Best Signup Bonus Ever

I stayed at the Park Hyatt NY from February 24 through 26th using the two free night certificates that came with my Chase Hyatt credit card. When I checked in they did not have my room ready so I got a free upgrade to a Park Suite King.

There were only two things that I found disappointing:
1) The view. There was none.
2) There were no USB plug-ins on the night stands.

Nonetheless, given what I paid for the room (zilch) it was amazing. There was actually a second bath off the living room that for some reason is not included in the room description on the website. One would think that would be something they would want to advertise.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold
Smile Park Hyatt New York Video Review

I stayed at the Park Hyatt in February in a 2-night rewards stay. I thought it was a pretty luxurious place to rest and relax in the middle of Mid-town Manhattan. It is a really nice hotel, and easily the best Hyatt in New York. Now if only the room rates didn't cost so much! Totally worth a reward stay, but I'd never pay $800/night for it.

My favorite things about the Park Hyatt New York: Heated Floors in the Bathroom, TV in the bathroom mirror, 25th floor swimming pool, nicely furnished/quiet/comfortable room that is BIG by NYC standards, and the housekeeping/front desk staff were excellent.

My least favorite things about the Park Hyatt New York: Expensive, Breakfast food and Breakfast service were sub-par, and not really much of a view from any of the rooms.

I also did a video review in case you're interested in "seeing" the hotel and the king bed room.

Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:12 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Have an upcoming special occasion stay... does anyone know what the car transfer options and prices are for JFK? ie do they have a special vehicle (Bentley or anything?)

thanks
FDW
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:03 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Have an upcoming special occasion stay... does anyone know what the car transfer options and prices are for JFK? ie do they have a special vehicle (Bentley or anything?)

thanks
FDW
Bentleys are a StR brand standard (though not all have them).

PH NY can arrange S Class, Merc SUV or Escalade transfers. It's around $250 from JFK from memory.

If you really want a Bentley I'm sure the Concierge could arrange it.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold (got kicked out of Plat)
Going to be in New York in a month for the Frieze Art Fair. How does the PH compare to FS, StR, MO and the likes?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by bagglefork
Going to be in New York in a month for the Frieze Art Fair. How does the PH compare to FS, StR, MO and the likes?
PH is not on the same level service-wise, compared to MO and FS. If you are open to a stay downtown, Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown is my favorite NYC hotel these days. Easily the best service.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by scented
PH is not on the same level service-wise, compared to MO and FS. If you are open to a stay downtown, Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown is my favorite NYC hotel these days. Easily the best service.
Thank you! I currently have a reservation at the FS downtown. But was wondering if the PHNY is worth it (price has been fluctuating and at $725/night I might go for it).
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:41 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Thank you! I currently have a reservation at the FS downtown. But was wondering if the PHNY is worth it (price has been fluctuating and at $725/night I might go for it).
Downtown to Randall's Island is pretty far if you ask me.... you might be better off in midtown or Upper East Side.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by ABG
Downtown to Randall's Island is pretty far if you ask me.... you might be better off in midtown or Upper East Side.
is it really that bad? I already cancelled my Edition reservation :/

we also have a pretty early reservation at Jean-Georges too and I'm hoping that Frieze's car service wouldn't take very long
Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Just depends on the day and time. Sometimes it is really bad. Other times isn't a huge issue.

is it really that bad? I already cancelled my Edition reservation :/

we also have a pretty early reservation at Jean-Georges too and I'm hoping that Frieze's car service wouldn't take very long
Old Apr 9, 2017, 5:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Unless you need to be downtown for something else, that is going to be quite inconvenient.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:57 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

New restaurant is supposedly open. Called Bevy.

Source

And the Bevy website.
FDW
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Unless you need to be downtown for something else, that is going to be quite inconvenient.
To go from Frieze to Jean-Georges or from Jean-Georges to downtown? or both?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
To go from Frieze to Jean-Georges or from Jean-Georges to downtown? or both?
Downtown to Jean-Georges for dinner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.