Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stargold
The Lobster Scramble was the star of the show for me personally. And it's easily within the Globalist allowance per person, with a coffee or juice thrown in (not that they seem to charge small excesses over the Globalist allowance).

Globalist treatment seems decent, given that I somehow got a large Studio Suite Double from the Park King originally booked, on a particularly busy night where they apparently had to walk 10 rooms to the Hyatt TS.
Totally forgot about the avocado lobster egg white scramble! It's also a great entree.

I wish it was like Andaz 5th where they gave juice and coffee with the breakfast. That would be a bit fairer than making guests choose either or.

I don't know how they manage to allow an overbooking of 10 people though??
Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Totally forgot about the avocado lobster egg white scramble! It's also a great entree.

I wish it was like Andaz 5th where they gave juice and coffee with the breakfast. That would be a bit fairer than making guests choose either or.

I don't know how they manage to allow an overbooking of 10 people though??
I could gladly have the avocado lobster scramble every morning. It has all of my favourite ingredients

I would agree that it would be less stingy to give coffee and juice, but since the excess never made it to our folio, I can't complain too much!

One of the 10 walked rooms posted their experience on Susasa - that's how I know. S/he was specifically told they were one of 10 rooms being walked that night.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I could gladly have the avocado lobster scramble every morning. It has all of my favourite ingredients

I would agree that it would be less stingy to give coffee and juice, but since the excess never made it to our folio, I can't complain too much!

One of the 10 walked rooms posted their experience on Susasa - that's how I know. S/he was specifically told they were one of 10 rooms being walked that night.
If I booked a room at the Park Hyatt NY and was walked to the Hyatt Centric Times Square, I don't think there's a word in the English language to describe how livid I would be. They need to be walking to the Mandarin or any other similar 5* property in the same general area.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
The Lobster Scramble was the star of the show for me personally. And it's easily within the Globalist allowance per person, with a coffee or juice thrown in (not that they seem to charge small excesses over the Globalist allowance).
Is the Glob breakfast allowance per person? We have a stay in Jan booked with 4 of us in the room and I'm wondering if we'll have enough for breakfast for all four of us.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by callmedtop
If I booked a room at the Park Hyatt NY and was walked to the Hyatt Centric Times Square, I don't think there's a word in the English language to describe how livid I would be. They need to be walking to the Mandarin or any other similar 5* property in the same general area.
That's true but I think they always try to keep it within the same family. I would need the top suites at Andaz 5th and it ALL being comped or I'd be turning the air blue. Centric TS is a bad joke.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's true but I think they always try to keep it within the same family. I would need the top suites at Andaz 5th and it ALL (no stupid brekkie charges) being comped or I'd be turning the air blue too. Centric TS is a bad joke.

Originally Posted by mangoMan
Is the Glob breakfast allowance per person? We have a stay in Jan booked with 4 of us in the room and I'm wondering if we'll have enough for breakfast for all four of us.
It's per person. You'll get enough for an entree and drink each at least.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:12 pm

globalist breakfast

Allowance of Globalist Breakfast for 2adults 2kids is only $135; we ordered one lobster scramble for $32; steak egg $31; waffle $23; 57th Breakfast $41; one more coffee $11; 18% service charge $24.84; tax $14.45 . Total is $177.29 which means I need to pay $42.29 more. And there are only several tables for 4, we have to sit on two small round tables. I miss PH Tokyo's breakfast
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rebyang
Allowance of Globalist Breakfast for 2adults 2kids is only $135; we ordered one lobster scramble for $32; steak egg $31; waffle $23; 57th Breakfast $41; one more coffee $11; 18% service charge $24.84; tax $14.45 . Total is $177.29 which means I need to pay $42.29 more. And there are only several tables for 4, we have to sit on two small round tables. I miss PH Tokyo's breakfast
Join the paying coffee club ha. I know there's Starbucks across the street and Nespresso in the rooms but would be nice not to have to choose at breakfast. Their tables are definitely not setup for anyone ordering more than the 57th st breakfast and a beverage. They're ridiculously small.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:31 pm

That's true! Always, You will be asked coffee or juice before looking at the menu so ...... coffee for 11$ + tips + tax per person. Can I bring my own coffee mug next time? will share coffee with my wife next time
Join the paying coffee club ha. I know there's Starbucks across the street and Nespresso in the rooms but would be nice not to have to choose at breakfast. Their tables are definitely not setup for anyone ordering more than the 57th st breakfast and a beverage. They're ridiculously small.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only advice I can give is to get the pot of French press and share between the two of you. Slightly more economical than per cup.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:13 am

Loved my stay, but man that breakfast is expensive. Lobster Scramble, hash browns, parfait, seasonal berries and one juice ended up costing me $25 extra out of pocket. Hate it when you have to manage things so closely.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by olouie
Loved my stay, but man that breakfast is expensive. Lobster Scramble, hash browns, parfait, seasonal berries and one juice ended up costing me $25 extra out of pocket. Hate it when you have to manage things so closely.
We ended up buying fresh fruit and yogurt across the street and just eating it before going down. Definitely makes you appreciate the PHs that don't leave you wanting for more.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:41 am

We ended up buying fresh fruit and yogurt across the street and just eating it before going down. Definitely makes you appreciate the PHs that don't leave you wanting for more.
The $14 juice might take the cake. But close is the $10 harsh browns.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Curious as an outsider looking in (never stayed here, only Andaz 5th) isn't the dollar cap in violation of the WoH T&C's? I was under the impression that each person could have an entree, coffee, and juice? So regardless if you go over I would assume you could push back against this arbitrary limit. Unless of course the limit is more generous than the T&C's?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by creditcardgeek
Curious as an outsider looking in (never stayed here, only Andaz 5th) isn't the dollar cap in violation of the WoH T&C's? I was under the impression that each person could have an entree, coffee, and juice? So regardless if you go over I would assume you could push back against this arbitrary limit. Unless of course the limit is more generous than the T&C's?
They are within program rules. The cap is set to cover the 57th Street breakfast, which includes an entree, coffee, and juice.

The T&C allow a "standard entree." Lobster scramble obviously falls outside of that.

While I was not a fan of this property, the breakfast policy is not bad, particularly compared to competing programs. (I'm at a high end Starwood resort right now, where the Plat breakfast credit is $18.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.