Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Rusdude
Doesn't work when booking through Hyatt though, correct? It keeps giving an error during checkout.
Try app.
But it not mistake. I found and booked, then 30,000point reduced 2days after.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG/Marriott/RC Gold
Originally Posted by IYUKO1023
Try app.
But it not mistake. I found and booked, then 30,000point reduced 2days after.
Was it 30,000 points for one night (or multiple)?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
So is it not bookable if you have 0 pts in acct?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Parking - globalist

Do Globalists get complimentary parking here?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
On award stays, yes (confirmed valet per the parking/glob thread)
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:08 am

I booked a 2 night award stay for Sept. The only availability they had was two double beds ADA room. Has anyone stayed in that room before? We will also be traveling with our 9 month old so I'm hoping that an ADA room will have more space.

I am also considering doing the extra 18k per night to upgrade to a suite. Does anyone know what suite I would get? Thanks!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by GTL4F
I booked a 2 night award stay for Sept. The only availability they had was two double beds ADA room. Has anyone stayed in that room before? We will also be traveling with our 9 month old so I'm hoping that an ADA room will have more space.

I am also considering doing the extra 18k per night to upgrade to a suite. Does anyone know what suite I would get? Thanks!
Yes-- The ADA room gives more space than a regular park king. Even a regular park king room is pretty spacious. The suite you would get is the Park King Suite.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:24 am

ADA double bigger than park suite

as long as you are okay with the reduced luxury in the bathroom, it's a no brainer to pick the ada at standard award pricing and forgo the suite upgrade
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Park King Suite.
Which is really a junior suite.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:18 pm

So I emailed them about upgrading to a suite and the response was "Please know that I have ensured your placement in at least Park King room. Please do not worry about providing additional points – We want your visit with us to be as comfortable and relaxing as possible."

But there's a park king standard, park king deluxe, park king suite...
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by GTL4F
So I emailed them about upgrading to a suite and the response was "Please know that I have ensured your placement in at least Park King room. Please do not worry about providing additional points – We want your visit with us to be as comfortable and relaxing as possible."
Don't worry, there will be a bed, a sink, and a toilet, all at no extra charge!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kacee
Don't worry, there will be a bed, a sink, and a toilet, all at no extra charge!
And TWO bottles of water for your loyalty!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Aventine
And TWO bottles of water for your loyalty!
But I want more, I deserve more!!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Have not stayed since last summer. Anyone know if Glob breakfast is still the buffet?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Review

While on a business trip to NYC, I just completed a two-night stay using the two free nights I had by virtue of my Hyatt Visa credit card. While it's on balance a fine hotel and I'm admittedly grading it on a scale compared to other PHs, I had mixed impressions of the place. Here's a review:

THE GOOD

Perhaps by virtue of my Hyatt Explorist status, I received an upgrade to a deluxe room from a standard.

Similarly, perhaps also by virtue of the my status, my room was available immediately when I checked in at about 3:15 pm, whereas I heard a couple of other folks being told they'd have to wait about 30 minutes.

The hotel honored my request for a room facing 58th St. rather than 57th St., and indeed the room was pretty quiet in terms of street noise (which is why I'd made that request).

Very nice service all around, including a very helpful concierge. And that fine service does count for a lot.

Room is indeed bigger and nicer than most NYC hotel rooms, with some stylish elements and an especially large bathroom,and a few additional nice touches such as automatic shades and drapes.

No noise from adjoining rooms, except for from the hallway. (More on that below.)

Good internet and lots of plugs for charging devices.

Good fitness center.

THE NOT-SO-GOOD

Even though the room is certainly large and comfortable, it's a bit minimalist in its furnishings. It certainly would be more than large enough for a big, comfy chair with Ottoman (or even a couch). Instead, there's just a rather basic chair in the corner.

While I do appreciate the 58th St.-facing location, the room I was in was rather cave-like: just one smallish window in the bedroom, which in turn was partly blocked by the drapes that, by design, did not fully open.

More generally, the place seemed kind of dark in the hallways and elevators and too subtle and even stark for my own tastes. But, like much of what I'm commenting on here, that's a subjective thing.

While one of the nice features of the room was its big, solid door, that in turn actually creates some hallway noise: it is so heavy that you can hear it being shut whenever other guests in the hallway close the door to their rooms. I tried closing mine quietly, but even then it makes a bit of a thump.

Yes, the room is indeed big by NYC standards, but not quite as big as it might seem from the size suggested on the website: a big part of that square footage is taken up by the bathroom and hallway. I guess where this is a not-so-good feature hinges on how much you value big bathrooms. Personally, I could care less, but I know my wife would have liked the large tub had she been along. My main point here is that the bedroom is not as big as it might seem from simply perusing the website.

Actually entering the hotel is a bit of a hassle. You enter the building at the ground floor level from the street, then find the elevators that take you up to the lobby, then find the not-so-obvious path to the reception desk.

About half the time I entered the hotel building there was no one there to open the extremely heavy entrance doors, which seem to open automatically if you're leaving but not entering. And a couple of times, no one staffing that ground floor entrance. Not a big deal for me, but could be for some guests.

The lobby is nothing special - smallish area facing the reception desks.

One desktop terminal in that small lobby is what you'd use to print out boarding passes and other documents. Maybe sufficient for a smallish hotel, but I'd think insufficient for a high-end one like the PH.

While the concierge was very helpful, as I'd mentioned, it was very tough to reach them on the phone.

No tv channel listings I could easily find.

I'd mentioned that it was a good thing for me that I was able to go immediately to my room while others had to wait; conversely, of course, it was not such a good thing that others had to wait at all at 3:15 pm.

Though it's in a very tall building, the PH only occupies roughly floors 10-25. Given the skyscrapers throughout mid-town Manhattan, then, don't expect great views.

OVERALL

In and of itself, this is a fine hotel. And I do appreciate that these were complimentary nights! But I would not pay the high $$$ price that a regular stay would involve.

More generally, I'm admittedly grading this on a scale. My wife and I have been lucky enough to stay at a number of great Park Hyatts around the world, including Paris, Tokyo, Shanghai and Sydney. They all stand out as exceptional in their own ways. I would not put this PH nearly in the same category, as it's fine but nowhere near exceptional.

Last edited by Thunderroad; Jun 29, 2017 at 12:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.