Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:52 pm

Just finished a two night stay there last week. The Diamond breakfast is still buffet style until the restaurant is open again.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:41 pm

Question Weekend Get-away

So I was on the road with work for two years and have amassed 100K Hyatt Points and 220K Marriott Points. I'm doing a weekend trip to NYC this weekend with my S.O. and planned to stay at the PHNY. I'm wondering if I'm better served waiting and using these points for PH in Asia or if I should stay here.

I value a clean updated room with awesome shower water pressure/fixtures more than most other options. I fell short of Diamond with Hyatt so no breakfast, but I am Plat with SPG and just wonder if I'm missing out on better service if I go somewhere where I'm top tier elite status for this weekend.

RC Central Park is 140K Marriott points for the 2 nights for example. There are just SOOO many SPG properties in NYC I'm really struggling to cut the fat in a side-by-side way and pick somewhere for this upcoming romantic weekend.

Thanks for any help.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by wrongsuspenders
So I was on the road with work for two years and have amassed 100K Hyatt Points and 220K Marriott Points. I'm doing a weekend trip to NYC this weekend with my S.O. and planned to stay at the PHNY. I'm wondering if I'm better served waiting and using these points for PH in Asia or if I should stay here.

I value a clean updated room with awesome shower water pressure/fixtures more than most other options. I fell short of Diamond with Hyatt so no breakfast, but I am Plat with SPG and just wonder if I'm missing out on better service if I go somewhere where I'm top tier elite status for this weekend.

RC Central Park is 140K Marriott points for the 2 nights for example. There are just SOOO many SPG properties in NYC I'm really struggling to cut the fat in a side-by-side way and pick somewhere for this upcoming romantic weekend.

Thanks for any help.
Mixed reviews from the FT posts. I loved the PHNY! Many say the service is a bit smug but the hard product, to me, is great. The room décor is very nice and its not very old so still has a very contemporary cosmopolitan vibe. Shower was great but not as cool as the shower in the mens locker room on the pool level which has like 9 different shower heads you can turn on, that was cool. The Jacuzzi tub and steam room in the swimming pool area are great also. The fancy electric toilet in the room is nice also.

For 30K a night its expensive, but so is NY. I think from what I've read guests get overall much better personal service at PH in Asia but the PHNY is a nice splurge in my opinion.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)

I don't think the SPG options in NYC are that great. St. Regis is probably closest to PHNYC, both physically and in hotel class.

Marriott offers the Essex House and the Ritz. You don't get meaningful benefits at Ritz as a Marriott Plat, but Essex House is supposed to have an excellent lounge and of course the possibility of an upgrade. (I'll be there Thursday night.)

I'm not a fan of PHNYC, but the bathrooms at Park Hyatt are spectacular. If that's #1 consideration for you, you'll likely be happy there. Your most likely room assignment is a low floor with a view of 57th Street. Even the basic rooms are large and well appointed though.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:09 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Few hotels in the USA and Europe can match the best service that Asia has to offer, but my experience is that the PHNY service has improved significantly over the past year. I am still unhappy on occasion with housekeeping but the doormen, engineering/repair, and front desk all were good on my last stay (didn't challenge the concierge much so don't know about them).

Unfortunately, I won't be back there next until May so it will be a while before I can see if this upward trend is sustained.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
PHNY was the nicest hard product I've stayed at. Most Hyatt and SPG properties are costly (25-30K Hyatt points and 20-30K SPG points for non-Sheraton/Westin) so the incremental 5K points for the PHNY is worth it in my opinion unless you can use a SNA at one of the SPG properties like the StR or Chatwal.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 10:24 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Few hotels in the USA and Europe can match the best service that Asia has to offer, but my experience is that the PHNY service has improved significantly over the past year. I am still unhappy on occasion with housekeeping but the doormen, engineering/repair, and front desk all were good on my last stay (didn't challenge the concierge much so don't know about them).

Unfortunately, I won't be back there next until May so it will be a while before I can see if this upward trend is sustained.
With you being a long time forum member in the know and no stranger to luxury hotels that's a true compliment that the hotel may be improving.
It's taken the intended 5 star property years and rotating GMs to start trending upwards
I've always seen the hotel as non hospitable with recognition of Gold Passport "World of Hyatt" program members to a large degree.
As if they have no luxury competition in NYC with a competing program
Are you still Diamond?
How would you rate the elite breakfast benefit which was the only memorable aspect of my stay long ago when it first opened?
At the time they were generous with an impressive execution of high quality offerings
Heard the restaurant had closed temporarily and that the hotel was stubborn about removing the breakfast charges for Diamonds/Globalists and or being stingy with the benefit?
Im hoping the hotel will decide to really get behind the New "World Of Hyatt" and show us all what top tier recognition is all about
Old Feb 14, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador

Thanks for any help.
I would say go for the Park Hyatt. The hard product is unbeatable...extremely modern and well-designed with a beautiful bathroom. When I was there in November the service was also wonderful. Very attentive and caring staff. As SPG Plat I might also consider the St. Regis as they have very nice rooms (not necessarily modern, but beautiful) and a generous plat breakfast amenity. Plus you have the option to get a suite.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Duke777
PHNY was the nicest hard product I've stayed at. Most Hyatt and SPG properties are costly (25-30K Hyatt points and 20-30K SPG points for non-Sheraton/Westin) so the incremental 5K points for the PHNY is worth it in my opinion unless you can use a SNA at one of the SPG properties like the StR or Chatwal.

If you think the PHNY is nice, you should stay at the PH Vienna. It's breathtaking. IMO, it's the nicest PH in the entire brand.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:04 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
With you being a long time forum member in the know and no stranger to luxury hotels that's a true compliment that the hotel may be improving.
It's taken the intended 5 star property years and rotating GMs to start trending upwards
I've always seen the hotel as non hospitable with recognition of Gold Passport "World of Hyatt" program members to a large degree.
As if they have no luxury competition in NYC with a competing program
Are you still Diamond?
How would you rate the elite breakfast benefit which was the only memorable aspect of my stay long ago when it first opened?
At the time they were generous with an impressive execution of high quality offerings
Heard the restaurant had closed temporarily and that the hotel was stubborn about removing the breakfast charges for Diamonds/Globalists and or being stingy with the benefit?
Im hoping the hotel will decide to really get behind the New "World Of Hyatt" and show us all what top tier recognition is all about
Thanks for the question. I didn't have breakfast even once on my last stay, when they were offering a buffet while the restaurant was remodeled. I guess someone else will have to comment on what they are doing now, but I certainly had annoying experiences with breakfast issues two stays ago.

As I don't expect to be there again until May, it'll be a while before I can comment further.

To the immediately above poster, the PH Vienna can have its service problems as well but it is a lovely hotel in a good location.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Andrea Waters
If you think the PHNY is nice, you should stay at the PH Vienna. It's breathtaking. IMO, it's the nicest PH in the entire brand.
I spun up an earlier thread about where I should spend my 25 year wedding anniversary. I provided my short list of Hyatt properties with reasons and the majority response was choose PH Vienna.

So, I plan to make reservations for later this year for 4-5 nights and then on March 1st apply a DSU. I like your description of breathtaking!
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I spun up an earlier thread about where I should spend my 25 year wedding anniversary. I provided my short list of Hyatt properties with reasons and the majority response was choose PH Vienna.

So, I plan to make reservations for later this year for 4-5 nights and then on March 1st apply a DSU. I like your description of breathtaking!

PH Vienna is really my favorite hotel, period. The hard product and Diamond recognition makes it easy to forgive any service issues.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:05 pm

I stayed in PH Paris, PH Hamburg, PH Istanbul, PH Milan and PH Vienna. In terms of hard product PH Vienna wins 100%. Next week I will be in PH NY, looking forward to it.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:01 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by thucanhho
PH Vienna is really my favorite hotel, period. The hard product and Diamond recognition makes it easy to forgive any service issues.
Exactly what i had in mind.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:38 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Does anyone know what suite the suite awards book into here? is it the Park Suite or still the Jr suite?

thanks
FDW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.