Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2022, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by OhDoctor
New category changes are painful. Where does this leave us re: premier suite awards? Prior category 8 hotels didn't have this as an option. I'm assuming there'll be a carve-out for the former category 7 properties, but I think we're going to be looking at 70-75k points for one night in the city view suite.
They run double so up to 90k if also floating with high season?
Old Feb 20, 2022, 2:33 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
How is this a datapoint when you posted zero details? 😅
notice how not a single person after your post reported any success of a complimentary suite upgrade.
P.S. linking your reddit account here was pretty unsmart and now I see why the other users said what they did. You should stick to your crypto luck posts on FATfire/travel.
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Data point from the Hotels Around the World Telegram:

Suite upgrade given to someone with 0 Hyatt status

Old Feb 20, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
How is this a datapoint when you posted zero details? 😅
notice how not a single person after your post reported any success of a complimentary suite upgrade.
P.S. linking your reddit account here was pretty unsmart and now I see why the other users said what they did. You should stick to your crypto luck posts on FATfire/travel.
That was from many months ago and I haven't seen that poster here since.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 3:04 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by js1993
That was from many months ago and I haven't seen that poster here since.
They have been banned from FT. Every thread they entered descended fast.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 6:30 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
This seems to be a property that divides opinion somewhat.

I've got 3 nights booked in September (35k points vs well over $1.5k cash was a no brainer). I'm assuming as I haven't stayed here before, it would be a good idea to put a suite upgrade award against this one to guarantee the upgrade? The kind of property that often won't have suites available for Globalist upgrade at check in, it sounds like?
Old Feb 21, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404

I've got 3 nights booked in September (35k points vs well over $1.5k cash was a no brainer). I'm assuming as I haven't stayed here before, it would be a good idea to put a suite upgrade award against this one to guarantee the upgrade? The kind of property that often won't have suites available for Globalist upgrade at check in, it sounds like?
Absolutely, as long as you're ok burning an upgrade on a studio (junior) suite that is just a larger room with a semi-divided sitting area.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Absolutely, as long as you're ok burning an upgrade on a studio (junior) suite that is just a larger room with a semi-divided sitting area.
Being based in the UK I don't get a chance to use upgrades too often as there are far fewer Globalists and so these junior suites tend to come your way without the awards. But I'm very aware that's not generally the case in the US so figured I'll use the award.

My thought it more that it would mean I wouldn't end up with a standard room on a lower floor (as there are plenty of posts here saying they're not particualrly great). I'm assuming even the basic suites are on higher floors?
Old Feb 21, 2022, 7:38 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Being based in the UK I don't get a chance to use upgrades too often as there are far fewer Globalists and so these junior suites tend to come your way without the awards. But I'm very aware that's not generally the case in the US so figured I'll use the award.

My thought it more that it would mean I wouldn't end up with a standard room on a lower floor (as there are plenty of posts here saying they're not particualrly great). I'm assuming even the basic suites are on higher floors?
The Junior Suites are also on lower floors. Personally, I love the greenhouse windows on floor 11, but even those divide opinion.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
The Junior Suites are also on lower floors. Personally, I love the greenhouse windows on floor 11, but even those divide opinion.
Ah. Ok thanks,

Still, it seems better value on points than the St Regis, and it must be a better property than the Marriott Marquis, so I'll likely stick and see how it goes.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Ah. Ok thanks,

Still, it seems better value on points than the St Regis, and it must be a better property than the Marriott Marquis, so I'll likely stick and see how it goes.
Your thinking is absolutely correct.
Wozza2404 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 7:21 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers

The Globalist complimentary suite upgrade is almost always an atrium junior suite on a low floor.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 10:11 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Still, it seems better value on points than the St Regis
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Your thinking is absolutely correct.
StR for 85k pts or PH for 30k pts, is it really the consensus here that PH is better value on points? I previously thought it was somewhat of a toss-up.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by escape4
StR for 85k pts or PH for 30k pts, is it really the consensus here that PH is better value on points? I previously thought it was somewhat of a toss-up.
I agree that it's a toss up at those rates. Depends on how you value the points: I value a hyatt point at 2.5-3x the value of a bonvoy point. And depends on how you value the redemption: to me, a night at either property is "worth" $700 or so, and thus either redemption is a decent though not insanely good one (sure, the PH may sometimes have base rates >$1200, and same with the St.R, but I would never pay those rates so I don't use those in assessing the redemption value).
escape4 and strickerj like this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by escape4
St.R want 100k a night and PH want 35k for my dates, but similar ratio.

St.R is $2k a night before tax, and PH is $1.6k before tax. I wouldn't pay cash at those rates - that's Waldorf Astoria Maldives kind of rates, and whilst I'll shell out at a resort like that, I'm not paying it in NYC.

I'm Titanium with Marriott and Globalist with Hyatt, and I have suite upgrade vouchers available with both programmes.

I guess it is something of a toss up. I just don't often get a chance to redeem Hyatt points (though of course they're not easy to accrue in Europe with no credit cards).
Old Feb 23, 2022, 5:46 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
If both StR and PH are currently a toss up, my suspicion is the March devaluation of Bonvoy will be more severe for StR NYC than the move to cat 8 for PH NYC (time will tell), so toss up now, but perhaps there is a greater urgency to burn Marriott points than Hyatt points? That's my dilemma now.
Kacee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.