Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Does anyone know what suite the suite awards book into here? is it the Park Suite or still the Jr suite?

thanks
FDW
Still the Jr Suite. FWIW, every time I have stayed here as Diamond and just booked a base room, I was comp upgraded to a Studio King Suite, which is a slightly nicer room than the Jr Suite I received the one time I used a DSU. I will save my DSUs for other properties in the future...
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Had a stay here this past weekend...very nice. Emailed in advance about a birthday and received a comp upgrade to Park Suite. (Booked standard room on points as diamond). Diamond breakfast is currently served in the bar: a la carte menu, seems the buffet is gone.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by svo242
Had a stay here this past weekend...very nice. Emailed in advance about a birthday and received a comp upgrade to Park Suite. (Booked standard room on points as diamond). Diamond breakfast is currently served in the bar: a la carte menu, seems the buffet is gone.
Thanks for the update on breakfast situation. Do you know when the restaurant will reopen? I emailed the hotel last week but haven't heard back. Diamond Line's notes say "December 2016"
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Rusdude
Thanks for the update on breakfast situation. Do you know when the restaurant will reopen? I emailed the hotel last week but haven't heard back. Diamond Line's notes say "December 2016"
The hotel told me sometime in April or May when I was there a few weeks ago.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by britinva79
The hotel told me sometime in April or May when I was there a few weeks ago.
Thanks! Will be in NYC mid-April so deciding between PH and Andaz 5th Ave.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:28 pm

Interesting to see multiple upgrade reports. I've had probably 8-10 stays at the PH NY (all as a Diamond) and never once was upgraded to a Junior suite or Park Suite. The one time I explicitly asked for an upgrade, was given a Studio double room, which just includes a small living area by the window (still a nice room, but not a suite).
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:21 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by thucanhho
PH Vienna is really my favorite hotel, period. The hard product and Diamond recognition makes it easy to forgive any service issues.
I'm with you and agree fully ^
Have seen the incredible dedication of Ms Dekker GM in action and know first hand she tries and cares passionately about pleasing Gold Passport guests above and beyond
She was that way long ago at other Hyatt properties even before taking a leadership role at Park Hyatt Vienna.
I can only hope a few select other Park Hyatt's learn what great recognition is all about.
I'd love to go back again.Most hotels have some defects in service if you look hard enough and even if you don't
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:51 pm

Thanks! Will be in NYC mid-April so deciding between PH and Andaz 5th Ave.
Currently at the hotel. Was told the restaurant will open 1st week April.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Checked out today. Amazing hotel and service! $45 pp credit for a la carte breakfast in the lounge. I spent $160 for 3 people after tax and mandatory 18% gratuity. Upon checkout, nothing was charged. It must be $45 pp prior to the gratuity.

Received an upgrade to the Park Studio King Suite as a Diamond Member as well as 4PM checkout. I booked the room using 30K points.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:47 pm

@ Bader - thank you!

@ VAFlyerSAN - did you get upgraded to that suite at check in or did you arrange it in advance via DSU?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:21 pm

Pretty sure you can't use a DSU on points only stay. They hooked it up at the desk
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tokkifierce
Pretty sure you can't use a DSU on points only stay. They hooked it up at the desk
That's true but changes starting tomorrow with the new WoH program which will allow DSU on points only or also C+P
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tokkifierce
And based on the reports in this thread (and my experience with DSU) Diamonds have generally done better at this property not using a DSU.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
And based on the reports in this thread (and my experience with DSU) Diamonds have generally done better at this property not using a DSU.
Our only stay there was on DSU (no further upgrade). Currently, it's not actually available for the complete during of our stay, so could you offer any suggestions on a strategy to secure a better-than-standard room?

Don't even need a suite this time - just something quiet (on 58th St. side?) and higher-up.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
@ Bader - thank you!

@ VAFlyerSAN - did you get upgraded to that suite at check in or did you arrange it in advance via DSU?
At checkin I was upgraded. Checkin time was around 3PM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.