Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2017, 7:15 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Any recent experiences? Have an upcoming GOH stay and was wondering if breakfast was still allowed via room service since the shift to WOH. Have an early flight Monday morning and doubt breakfast will be open yet...

fdw
Old May 4, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Any recent experiences? Have an upcoming GOH stay and was wondering if breakfast was still allowed via room service since the shift to WOH. Have an early flight Monday morning and doubt breakfast will be open yet...

fdw
Had a very, very nice stay here as a GOH two weeks ago for three nights. Was upgraded to a Park Suite (but did have to ask). Breakfast still allowed in-room, with reasonable delivery fee. The hard product of this hotel is still top notch, and the service has improved significantly over the years.
Old May 4, 2017, 8:34 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by callmedtop
Had a very, very nice stay here as a GOH two weeks ago for three nights. Was upgraded to a Park Suite (but did have to ask). Breakfast still allowed in-room, with reasonable delivery fee. The hard product of this hotel is still top notch, and the service has improved significantly over the years.
Thanks...good to hear... doesn't appear to be any Park Suites available for the entire stay but I'ld be willing to maybe put a supplement in for a different suite...

FDW
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:59 am

Globalist on award stay get free parking here?

There is some exception to this new benefit if outsourced parking.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:29 pm

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have the GM's email address? I have an upcoming stay and have a few requests to be made. Thanks!
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Anyone know what the Glob free breakfast policy is for more than 2 people? I know it is 2 adults + 2 children, but then it leaves it up to the hotel to define 'children'. In my case my 2 kids will be teens.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mangoMan
Anyone know what the Glob free breakfast policy is for more than 2 people? I know it is 2 adults + 2 children, but then it leaves it up to the hotel to define 'children'. In my case my 2 kids will be teens.
This is from Hyatt:

Except as described below, at Hyatt hotels in the United States, Canada and the Caribbean (not including U.S. territories), individuals 18 years old and younger are considered children. In all other locations worldwide, individuals 12 years old and younger are considered children. At all Hyatt Ziva resorts, individuals between 3 years old and 12 years old at the time of check-in are considered children, and individuals under the age of 3 at time of check-in are considered infants and toddlers (and are not charged as children). At Hyatt Zilara resorts, only individuals 16 years and older are permitted.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by thucanhho
This is from Hyatt:

Except as described below, at Hyatt hotels in the United States, Canada and the Caribbean (not including U.S. territories), individuals 18 years old and younger are considered children. In all other locations worldwide, individuals 12 years old and younger are considered children. At all Hyatt Ziva resorts, individuals between 3 years old and 12 years old at the time of check-in are considered children, and individuals under the age of 3 at time of check-in are considered infants and toddlers (and are not charged as children). At Hyatt Zilara resorts, only individuals 16 years and older are permitted.
Thanks thucanhho, but the WoH T&Cs state the following (bolding mine):

"d) Club Lounge Access: When staying at a participating hotel or resort that has a Club lounge, Globalists will receive access to the Club lounge. When staying at a participating hotel or resort that does not have a Club lounge (or if Club lounge is closed), Globalists will receive daily complimentary full breakfast (which includes one entrée or standard breakfast buffet, juice, and coffee, as well as tax, gratuity and service charges) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children. The age cut-off for a “child” is determined by each hotel or resort in its sole discretion."

So not sure if the definition you pulled is relevant for the Globalist breakfast perk.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mangoMan
Thanks thucanhho, but the WoH T&Cs state the following (bolding mine):

"d) Club Lounge Access: When staying at a participating hotel or resort that has a Club lounge, Globalists will receive access to the Club lounge. When staying at a participating hotel or resort that does not have a Club lounge (or if Club lounge is closed), Globalists will receive daily complimentary full breakfast (which includes one entrée or standard breakfast buffet, juice, and coffee, as well as tax, gratuity and service charges) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children. The age cut-off for a “child” is determined by each hotel or resort in its sole discretion."

So not sure if the definition you pulled is relevant for the Globalist breakfast perk.
Go MangoMan, love attention to the details. Everyone can learn from this.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
I stayed at Park Hyatt NYC for one night in May. The breakfast credit for Globalist is $125.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by Colin
Globalist on award stay get free parking here?

There is some exception to this new benefit if outsourced parking.
It works here. Valet at front door or parking entrance on the back of the building. Don't go to the back since you'll have to leave keys anyway; the entrance at the back of the hotel is locked.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:17 pm

$400/n Park Suite available using 51440.
Citi Prestige will book it for 4th night free.
No points deducted.

Clearly a mistake.
Will see how this plays out.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:35 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by westlaker
I stayed at Park Hyatt NYC for one night in May. The breakfast credit for Globalist is $125.
On multiple stays, I've never gotten anything even vaguely close to this -- is it a recent change?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Just came across this very useful video review. Thanks!

The review seemed very balanced. One thing not mentioned is that, at least from the video, the room looked kind of underwhelming - not very big, and with a couple of pretty basic chairs. Or was that just a product of how the video presented it?

Originally Posted by thnarf
I stayed at the Park Hyatt in February in a 2-night rewards stay. I thought it was a pretty luxurious place to rest and relax in the middle of Mid-town Manhattan. It is a really nice hotel, and easily the best Hyatt in New York. Now if only the room rates didn't cost so much! Totally worth a reward stay, but I'd never pay $800/night for it.

My favorite things about the Park Hyatt New York: Heated Floors in the Bathroom, TV in the bathroom mirror, 25th floor swimming pool, nicely furnished/quiet/comfortable room that is BIG by NYC standards, and the housekeeping/front desk staff were excellent.

My least favorite things about the Park Hyatt New York: Expensive, Breakfast food and Breakfast service were sub-par, and not really much of a view from any of the rooms.

I also did a video review in case you're interested in "seeing" the hotel and the king bed room.

Park Hyatt New York DETAILED Review - YouTube
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Colin
$400/n Park Suite available using 51440.
Citi Prestige will book it for 4th night free.
No points deducted.

Clearly a mistake.
Will see how this plays out.
Doesn't work when booking through Hyatt though, correct? It keeps giving an error during checkout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.