Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
As they say, location means everything. This is particularly true in NYC. I don't find the prices at Morton Williams that insane for where it is located in prime midtown real estate, and the quality/selection/convenience is great. It's a good, quick option especially when you consider that it's easy to surpass $125 for breakfast for 2 at the PHNY.

I've always been informed that the Globalist breakfast benefit is approximately $45/pp ($25/kid), which is equivalent to the 57st Breakfast offering. I've been slightly over before and never been charged the difference, although, as I recall, alcoholic beverages will be charged separately regardless.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:16 pm

Just booked a reward stay with points for New Years Eve. I think I am winning so far with the redemption as they are asking 1600 for a park king now, but I am curious to see how much of the globalist benefits they will honor after reading the last few months of inconsistent recognition.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:27 pm

i had 2 award rooms booked last month
one upgraded to Park Studio Double Suite, the other upgraded to Park Suite King
both premium suites, above the Park Junior Suite King which is the "standard suite"
both rooms 4pm late checkout
both rooms 1pm checkin
both rooms $120+ in room service removed without prompting
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
Originally Posted by Colin
i had 2 award rooms booked last month
one upgraded to Park Studio Double Suite, the other upgraded to Park Suite King
both premium suites, above the Park Junior Suite King which is the "standard suite"
both rooms 4pm late checkout
both rooms 1pm checkin
both rooms $120+ in room service removed without prompting
Were these separate bookings/dates or two rooms during the same time?

Last two award stays, I was upgraded to a King Studio suite once, and not upgraded the second. Breakfast and valet parking charges were removed no problem. Late checkout was granted once and not another time, although they admit now that late checkout for Globalists is not optional.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Whoa. Count me as impressed. Didn't hurt that:
  • got upgraded to a large corner suite, on an award night, without an ask
  • stood us a couple of drinks in the lounge on arrival, when the room was not ready (became ready before the drinks -- which were fantastic -- arrived)
  • not a mention of limits on b'fast, which was covered at $100 for two, tip and tax included
  • bathroom had heated floors on a cold as all get out couple of days
  • 4pm checkout was granted without a second thought
  • service was relaxed and natural
Clearly I was mistaken for somebody else. Only downside is now I'm going to feel like I'm slumming it at Andaz 5th Avenue.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
  • stood us a couple of drinks in the lounge on arrival, when the room was not ready (became ready before the drinks -- which were fantastic -- arrived)
  • not a mention of limits on b'fast, which was covered at $100 for two, tip and tax included
Clearly I was mistaken for somebody else. Only downside is now I'm going to feel like I'm slumming it at Andaz 5th Avenue.
Maybe they turned over a new leaf for New Years.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat Prem, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond
Same experience as above. 1/14/18 check-in , award stay family of 3, proactive comped $135 breakfast and valet parking ($75), upgraded to suite (waited for an hour). Nice service!

My glob will expire on 2/28, will miss Hyatt and maybe will push for glob again as long as they have more HR, GH, PH available in major cities.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:41 pm

Through sheer chance I happened to notice that all information surrounding the hotel's restaurant, Bevy, seems to have disappeared from the internet. I called the hotel and they have confirmed that Bevy has closed and there are no plans for a replacement.

Quite frankly, it's been a bit pathetic they haven't been able to operate a hotel restaurant consistently. I don't understand why they have been having such trouble either, especially as the company has no difficulty keeping the lights on at NoMi or the excellent Blue Duck Tavern.

The hotel also hasn't posted on any social media channels since September and the room rates seem to be slipping slowly downward - not a good sign.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
We were there for 2 nights near the beginning of January, one night on points, the other using Glob free night. We were checking in early (~1 pm) and had to wait for room. Had ADA room reserved and was "upgraded" to Deluxe Park double room (which is smaller than ADA room). Breakfast allowance for the four of us was quoted as $41 x 2 adults plus $25 x 2 kids ($132 total), which was sufficient for a decent breakfast. Tip & tax was automatically added to bill, but was not on folio upon check out. Had several of their 'signature' cocktails in the bar both nights. They were very good, and at $19 a pop probably not too much more than other nice places in Manhattan. Used the pool and whirlpool too, which is a very nice perk in a NYC hotel.

Nice place, but since my wife's Glob is going away this year, don't expect to be staying there again.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:47 am

If the hotel has no restaurant where is breakfast served?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by JetAway
If the hotel has no restaurant where is breakfast served?
It's gone back to a temporary buffet in the Living Room lounge. They ran this the last time the restaurant closed. Turns out the hotel's executive chef left to go and work for Chipotle back in August.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:34 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by drnilescrane
It's gone back to a temporary buffet in the Living Room lounge. They ran this the last time the restaurant closed. Turns out the hotel's executive chef left to go and work for Chipotle back in August.
Chipotle? Seriously?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin

Chipotle? Seriously?
Yup. https://www.linkedin.com/in/cbrauze/
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:13 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by drnilescrane
I don’t know why, but I find that hilariously entertaining!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:09 pm

This really doesn't sound like much of a "hotel." Is the building a condo with Hyatt managing a pool of rooms set aside for hotel occupancy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.