Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 6:38 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Aventine
Did you try any service recovery for the dirty limo and poor sweet Diamond amenity?
I mentioned that I was a bit disappointed with the Diamond amenity but nothing happened...

Originally Posted by JetAway
Is there a PH Prague? I can't find it on Hyatt's list of hotels.
MY bad; I meant FS Prague.. though there's that rumor.....

FDW
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:45 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
I wish that my experience had been the same.

I had a poor experience with the concierge. I had thought I had confirmed an airport transfer, but in their minds I had not. Fortunately I called from LHR with a delay and they were able to sort things out but they sent an outsourced E class with the smell of air freshener covering up smoke and two empty water bottles.

We were offered a diamond amenity, to be delivered the next night due to late arrival. We were offered a choice of sweet, or savory, or champagne or whatever. We didn't get anything the next night. I inquired the next day and was offered the choice of something sweet or savory, and choose sweet. We got 5 mozart chocolates, a less than 3 euro amenity.

Zero recognition for our anniversary. Contrast this to the PH Prague where we both received a welcome amenity and a special treat for our anniversary.

It's got a great hard product but I found the soft product to be quite lacking. Here's my review.

FDW
I too had problems with my stay as I arrived not long after opening
Having said that generally I thought the team was sensational even if there was room for improvement
When I endorse a hotel here or its management on Flyertalk it's because in my own experience I know them to be committed to Gold Passport guests and especially Diamond members unconditionally
Hotels even the best of them are not defect free

If I can share anything from my decades of travel when arranging special occasions
Get the name and email of the VIP coordinator
Set up everything in advance by email
Do not do verbals as there is far more chance of errors
Call and email prior to arrival
Yes I know in a perfect world a simple call is all it should take however arranging events over the years
folks mess up
I still remember a limo pick up arranged months in advance for us through a Starwood hotel in Capetown SA
The limo was a no show
My point is leave little to chance if its especially important to you

As for the Park Hyatt Prague Are you sure you didn't imagine it?
I think many here want to know what you had been drinking

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Apr 26, 2015 at 9:53 am
Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:09 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I too had problems with my stay as I arrived not long after opening
Having said that generally I thought the team was sensational even if there was room for improvement
When I endorse a hotel here or its management on Flyertalk it's because in my own experience I know them to be committed to Gold Passport guests and especially Diamond members unconditionally
Hotels even the best of them are not defect free

If I can share anything from my decades of travel when arranging special occasions
Get the name and email of the VIP coordinator
Set up everything in advance by email
Do not do verbals as there is far more chance of errors
Call and email prior to arrival
Yes I know in a perfect world a simple call is all it should take however arranging events over the years
folks mess up
I still remember a limo pick up arranged months in advance for us through a Starwood hotel in Capetown SA
The limo was a no show
My point is leave little to chance if its especially important to you

As for the Park Hyatt Prague Are you sure you didn't imagine it?
I think many here want to know what you had been drinking
Sorry I meant the FS Prague. I didn't really want to make a big fuss out of my anniversary because in the end it's just about what my wife and I. But they did ask prior to arrival and I did mention it. I find that the hotels that really excel are the ones that pick up on something once. It shouldn't be up to me to email once twice three times (and I do everything by email) to get something sorted out. The FS prague sent a short pre arrival form which o filled out and were able to realize it was our anniversary. I had many problems with the concierge, which made it seem that they weren't even reading my emails. Asking for casual eatery and getting recs about 1-2 Michelin star places for example. I put the Ph Istanbul way ahead of the Vienna outpost; heck I even had better service at the Ph Chicago and it's often criticized.

Fdw
Old Jun 6, 2015, 8:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Currently staying there as part of a 4 night stay. Got a very spacious Park View Suite on the 5th floor that is absololutely ravishing, apart of the view which there is none of. The three windows in the bedroom are blocked by a fresco sculpture. Thus you only see the back of it. Not sure why on earth they are calling them "View" rooms...

All the interior of the hotel is stunning! From the bank, the pool, the smoking lounge the lobby all feel very grand!

On the other side feeling like service is a miss and there is a lot of room for improvement.

1- ordered car service in through e-concierge, and maybe its the not the norm in Europe but in Asia I often use the hotel car service as its speeds up checking and you are taken directly to the room. Here on arrival no one to meet us at the arrival of the car had to go to the front desk. The staff member that checked me in even had some problem finding our reservation... Imo a waste of 65 euros and next time will just order a regular car through some independent company, same service and cheaper....

2 - Housekeeping. Abosolutely no turndown service ????, and daily room service feels halfway done. Today we just got back to the room and the room service tray we ordered last night and left in the entry for them to take care off was still there. A bottle of product that my fiancee use was taken and probably trashed by the maid. Bottles of water are not refilled? one of our room key was taken away which we left in the room? tissue box in the bathroom was empty this morning and not refilled as well..

3- breakfast : good quality (pancakes are delicious) but feels a bit lacking for example there is no salad, and service is a miss as well. menus are given sometimes without request but then they never come back to ask for your order. Furthermore empty plates are not cleared from your table...

i haven't mentioned anything to front desk but its starting to rub me a little bit the wrong way...
In summary a very beautiful hotel, much more georgeous than PH Vendome or Milan imo, but needs to up its service level to be at the PH quality...

Last edited by synd; Jun 6, 2015 at 8:26 am
Old Jun 6, 2015, 8:56 am

@synd:
Interesting thoughts & totally agree.
May I ask if a DSU was involved or how you obtained the upgrade? It shouldn't matter but I have a feeling that it does with this property.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 9:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scented
@synd:
Interesting thoughts & totally agree.
May I ask if a DSU was involved or how you obtained the upgrade? It shouldn't matter but I have a feeling that it does with this property.
Yes I used a DSU on a BRG so I guess i am the plague of the plague....

in all fairness though i had one night on points for a reg room and 3 nights on BRG/DSU. They still upgraded me the first tnight so that was nice and appreciated.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by synd
Yes I used a DSU on a BRG so I guess i am the plague of the plague....

in all fairness though i had one night on points for a reg room and 3 nights on BRG/DSU. They still upgraded me the first tnight so that was nice and appreciated.
I have heard that from several sources by now. The hotel tends to be a little too discriminating for my taste. Same hotel, totally different experiences. It shouldn't matter. Especially the housekeeping issues, as they have no way of knowing about your BRG claim or anything related to that. They have a suite guest and see your VIP level, that alone should be sufficient. The tissue issue should be a non-issue. The missed in-room check-in however could stem from that. Service at PH Vienna isn't as polished as it should be. Maybe CC Ms Dekker your post. She's trying.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 3:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Regarding the housekeeping: once i asked earlier in the evening they delivered a lot of bottles of water & tissues within 5 - 10 minutes. ^

One more issue, we were at the opera this evening and were back at the hotel by 9:45pm-9:50pm. We wanted to grab a bite to eat at pearl outside since the weather is extremely warm this weekend, unfortunately we were turned down saying they stop serving food at 10pm outside. We could go inside to eat diner at the same restaurant Pearl though.... (with the exact same menu) I looked at my phone when we left it was 9:51 pm... now back at the hotel at 11pm after eating somewhere else in the street there are still people outside enjoying drinks although they are starting to close and clean up...

is this normal and am i wrong to be a little annoyed at this? but it is feeling to me that luxury is not entirely personal at PH Vienna.

when i am back in vienna i will still probably go to the PH as I consider it a great property. It does not need much to be truly outstanding, just hoping the staff will get their act together.

Last edited by synd; Jun 6, 2015 at 6:11 pm Reason: polishing
Old Jun 7, 2015, 12:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

is this normal and am i wrong to be a little annoyed at this? but it is feeling to me that luxury is not entirely personal at PH Vienna
That's rather normal..... they won't force you to go inside when you are there after 23:00 but won't take new orders a while before that because they know you then will be there way after 23:00. It's probably a zoning regulation that forbids activity after that time outside. Vienna is not a city where they normally eat/drink that late like Spain.... Probably they could have handled it a bit better by making sure you knew you had to be gone or continue inside from 23:00 on. But a lot of places simply stop serving after a specific time. Normally the assurance that all you need is a quick bite and will be gone before they close is enough to still get you a table.

Maybe it's time to stop being annoyed and simply enjoy your stay. Attitude is a big part of that.... If you are looking for faults, that is what you will find.

Last edited by RTW1; Jun 7, 2015 at 12:49 am
Old Jun 7, 2015, 2:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
is this normal and am i wrong to be a little annoyed at this? but it is feeling to me that luxury is not entirely personal at PH Vienna.
Well,

we are still talking about Austria over a Public Holiday Weekend..., which should explain your issues, however does not justify them, but I guess you caught them on a few days of running the property with minimum staff.

I do not know of any Hyatt in Germany/Austria that is checking you in during the transfer to the hotel, one might expect it from a hotel of this caliber, but again I am not sure if they do it at all.

The GM is known for sticking to the rules and is really not known for amazing upgrades for free, but again receiving a free suite upgrade in Germany or Austria is as frequent as Austria going to the Soccer World Cup, so it happens, but only every 20 years or so.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by FD1971
Well,

we are still talking about Austria over a Public Holiday Weekend..., which should explain your issues, however does not justify them, but I guess you caught them on a few days of running the property with minimum staff.

I do not know of any Hyatt in Germany/Austria that is checking you in during the transfer to the hotel, one might expect it from a hotel of this caliber, but again I am not sure if they do it at all.

The GM is known for sticking to the rules and is really not known for amazing upgrades for free, but again receiving a free suite upgrade in Germany or Austria is as frequent as Austria going to the Soccer World Cup, so it happens, but only every 20 years or so.
Ms. Dekker?
Old Jun 7, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
The above reading is for me very interesting

This hotel is spectacular. Service is not the wow factor wether you look for faults or not. Sorry a lame excuse.

Location is pretty special and yes I enjoyed my stay. Did I check out wanting to book the next weekend? No! There lays the problem. At above 400€ a night guests will look other places. Let's not even discuss suite prices of above 1000 euros.

I am in no hurry to go back. It is that simple.

Great pool, great breakfast. Ok suites. Nothing though where I sit at home thinking I must find a way to go back.

Simple message. Up your game PH Vienna.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by dewby
The above reading is for me very interesting

This hotel is spectacular. Service is not the wow factor wether you look for faults or not. Sorry a lame excuse.

Location is pretty special and yes I enjoyed my stay. Did I check out wanting to book the next weekend? No! There lays the problem. At above 400€ a night guests will look other places. Let's not even discuss suite prices of above 1000 euros.

I am in no hurry to go back. It is that simple.

Great pool, great breakfast. Ok suites. Nothing though where I sit at home thinking I must find a way to go back.

Simple message. Up your game PH Vienna.
Be curious to know more details
I would love to go back and my stay had issues from air conditioning to Bluetooth with the sound system to no working wifi at all and a dead on departure elevator
Opening jitters and a work in progress in my own assessment.
I'm a forgiving guy when a hotel makes a reasonable effort to fix the issues if its in their control and they make it right one way or another
The team was lovely and heartfelt
Ms Dekker is simply one of the most caring GMs with heart.
They have a business to run and I assume like all properties experiences will vary but I don't see them playing games or didn't in any way when I was on property. I was proud to be a guest there.

Ms Dekker was fantastic even in her role as a rooms executive back many years ago at the Park Hyatt Chicago before she took on major responsibility running a hotel
Exceeding expectations even way back when
The PH Vienna exceeded all expectations from a recognition stand point during my stay and they made an unexpected goodwill gesture for the failures ^
I trust doing business here and stand by the property 100% unlike one other Park Hyatt in another well known city I have been recently vocal about
Not mentioning any names but its initials are XXXX
Old Jun 7, 2015, 8:46 pm

Let me see if I understand the comments in this review...

"This hotel is spectacular"
"Location is pretty special and yes I enjoyed my stay"
"Great pool, great breakfast"
"Up your game PH Vienna"?

I am confused. Seems like the major complaint that was mentioned was the price?
Old Jun 7, 2015, 10:25 pm

Stayed here few weeks ago on points. Received upgrade to Park Suite on 1st floor directly above BV I believe. Decent view and gorgeous room and I do agree with housekeeping issues too. There were few instances that I had to call to request missing toiletries or replace the lights that were not working. Breakfast had decent selections but the eggs were not that good and it seems like they did not have enough servers in the house.

Lastly, where can we buy those shampoos? I prefer this scent over the one they give out at PH Paris Vendome

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.