Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2014, 4:59 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Any ideas of the cost of hotel transportation to/from the airport?
Not sure on cost of hotel car as the website doesn't say.

We used Blacklane Limousines to get to the airport from hotel. On time pick up (around 15 min early) in nice Mercedes. Cost is around €39 pick-up / €35 on the way back as no parking fee. You are welcome to use my referral code for a €10 discount (4NMXMSYB) - note I will receive a €10 discount for a future journey if you do this. Of course, if you are travelling +1, then nothing to stop you each setting up an account for 2x€10 off

I don't recall any problems with WIFI.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:47 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Any ideas of the cost of hotel transportation to/from the airport? I would normally book a car but just curious how the hotel's offering compared... Since we have a late arrival I thought the hotel car might be a better idea... Someone up thread mentioned trouble connecting with wifi? Is that still the case? I ask because most of the devices I travel with these days don't have ethernet connections....

Thanks
FDW
Select rooms and suites are having connectivity issues with wifi
I was unable to use it without standing in a particular place within room when it worked at all
Ended up in the lobby frequently to use wifi
Air conditioning has serious problems in some rooms, suites,public areas and are generally highly inconsistent with some area being
more uncomfortable like the bathroom and bedroom areas.
No ventilation in hallways hot stuffy and uncomfortable. Ducting is insufficient in hotel and or simply not operating
Bluetooth to Bose never worked during my stay despite repeated attempts
Only one elevator in hotel.If not high occupancy generally not a problem.It stopped working on my way to check out which meant using stairs
Upsides hotel gorgeous and interesting historically
Generally polished heart felt professional team .Despite inconveniences it is a highly recommended experience despite these challenges that hopefully they will overcome.
Its of no fault of management or in house team members but the cards they have been handed by designers and engineer's who messed up badly
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Any ideas of the cost of hotel transportation to/from the airport?
Are you flying in with OS? They have their Red Cab service which is €29. Maybe you can use this even when flying another airline? http://www.red-cab.at/
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:13 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by peetahvw
- the "Pearl" is an ok space - but their cocktail menu is pretty solid (and mid-tier priced 9-13 euro). Absolutly worth trying is the "Willet Burn" for bourbon fans.
Big bourbon fan here.... tell me more about this Willet Burn please? Did you manage to look at their bourbon list.. anything special there?

Originally Posted by price123
Not sure on cost of hotel car as the website doesn't say.

We used Blacklane Limousines to get to the airport from hotel. On time pick up (around 15 min early) in nice Mercedes. Cost is around €39 pick-up / €35 on the way back as no parking fee. You are welcome to use my referral code for a €10 discount (4NMXMSYB) - note I will receive a €10 discount for a future journey if you do this. Of course, if you are travelling +1, then nothing to stop you each setting up an account for 2x€10 off

I don't recall any problems with WIFI.
Thanks for the offer.. Red cab seems cheaper so I might go with them...

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Select rooms and suites are having connectivity issues with wifi
I was unable to use it without standing in a particular place within room when it worked at all
Ended up in the lobby frequently to use wifi
Air conditioning has serious problems in some rooms, suites,public areas and are generally highly inconsistent with some area being
more uncomfortable like the bathroom and bedroom areas.
No ventilation in hallways hot stuffy and uncomfortable. Ducting is insufficient in hotel and or simply not operating
Bluetooth to Bose never worked during my stay despite repeated attempts
Only one elevator in hotel.If not high occupancy generally not a problem.It stopped working on my way to check out which meant using stairs
Upsides hotel gorgeous and interesting historically
Generally polished heart felt professional team .Despite inconveniences it is a highly recommended experience despite these challenges that hopefully they will overcome.
Its of no fault of management or in house team members but the cards they have been handed by designers and engineer's who messed up badly
Ouch. Hopefully come October they will have some the problems sorted out... AC hopefully won't be needed as much either...

Originally Posted by stimpy
Are you flying in with OS? They have their Red Cab service which is €29. Maybe you can use this even when flying another airline? http://www.red-cab.at/

Doesn't seem to be limited to just OS flights I think....

Thanks all!
FDW
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
They just got 84 new routers this monday and the internet should now hopefully work perfectly fine in all rooms

Regarding blacklane, reliable service for a few bucks. If you are able to find a nice promotion code online then its unbeatable

And yeah, anybody can book the red cab - you don't have to fly OS.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Thanks for the offer.. Red cab seems cheaper so I might go with them...
No problem. But if you use the €10 off, I think it works out the same price?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 7:17 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

No problem. But if you use the €10 off, I think it works out the same price?
Oh right.. good point.. silly me...
anyone have any good recommendations for a company for Vienna to Prague transport?

FDW
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:46 am

Oh right.. good point.. silly me...
anyone have any good recommendations for a company for Vienna to Prague transport?

FDW
I use Blacklane for everything now unless I'm in London when I use a smaller company I know and have used for years.

Vienna to Prague with Blacklane is around €400 and takes 4 hours.

I would recommend ÖBB (the train) - around 5 hours and €69 (random day in around 2 weeks) in first class.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:15 am

I use Blacklane for everything now unless I'm in London when I use a smaller company I know and have used for years.

I would recommend ÖBB (the train) - around 5 hours and €69 (random day in around 2 weeks) in first class.
You should add that the standard first class fare would be around €104 per way, if you book a few days (was it three?) in advance you get to use the discounted "Sparschiene" (tied to a specific date and time) pricing out at around €69 per way.

About airport transfers
Besides blacklane there are still the regular taxi companies, e.g www.taxi40100.at or www.taxi31300.at to name the biggest ones who offer airport transfer for flat fee of around €36.

We booked a red cab and got a driver who didn't know where our destination, a central point in vienna, was - nor was he able to feed the navigation system by himself. After 5 attempts - all while driving 130km/h on the autobahn - i asked him to hand me the system over and did it by myself with the language still set to turkish.

Since then and the introduction of uber in vienna we never looked back at other options.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 3:37 am

Thanks! I thought for some reason the OBB was more expensive. I'm seeing 78 euros for two people in 1st class for my travel dates, which means its quite a bit cheaper than a car....

Sounds like Blacklane is a great way to go!

FDW
Old Aug 18, 2014, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I was just there for a couple nights for my birthday (Aug 3-5) and have posted a lengthy review on my blog with over 60 pictures.

I too had trouble with the a/c and internet (looks like 84 add'l routers have been added now), but truly a great stay overall. I like this property a lot. The cigar bar is great.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:39 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I was just there for a couple nights for my birthday (Aug 3-5) and have posted a lengthy review on my blog with over 60 pictures.

I too had trouble with the a/c and internet (looks like 84 add'l routers have been added now), but truly a great stay overall. I like this property a lot. The cigar bar is great.
Once they solve the ongoing technical issues this property is blessed as it is one of those most magnificent Hyatt's ever in and out of the Hyatt world ^
Impressive team members including all management and the exceptional GM
Despite issues with the stay I have never been treated much better at any Hyatt in the world
I'd love to go back to Vienna just to experience this wonderful property
Most likely in winter Hopefully the heat works

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Aug 18, 2014 at 9:33 pm
Old Aug 18, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
[Once they solve the ongoing technical issues this property is blessed as one of those most magnificent Hyatt's ever in and out of the Hyatt world ^
Impressive team members including all management and the exceptional GM
Despite issues with the stay I have never been treated much better at any Hyatt in the world I'd love to go back to Vienna just to experience this wonderful property Most likely in winter Hopefully the heat works [/QUOTE]

Wow, what a set up! Now you got me all exited for my trip next year. Booked points, but hopefully C&P will open up to use DSU. Maybe more of the kinks are worked out by summer 2015.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:44 am

Does anyone know if there are bikes available for use, a la PH DC?

Thanks

FDW
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:16 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Does anyone know if there are bikes available for use, a la PH DC?

Thanks

FDW
When I was there earlier this summer, I didn't see anything about borrowing or renting bikes from the hotel, although they did store someone's bike.

I would suggest calling up the hotel and just asking, as they can arrange for lots of things too even if you using an outside provider.

Otherwise here are some options:

http://www.wien.info/en/vienna-for/s...icycle-rentals

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.