Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2015, 1:34 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Gunner14
It is available. DSU on a P&C booking is more restrictive than on a cash rate.
Necer had that experience, P&C may be hard to find, but once you have that, the normal DSU rules apply AFAIK.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 4:50 pm

See reports to the contrary below:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ade-rules.html
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:15 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
As far as I can see the thread says nothing about P&C being more restrictive towards DSU, than the HDR. Some NA hotels seems to block some standard suite off from DSU usage, never had that problem outside of NA.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Has anyone been upgraded from a Park King/Twin to anything more such as: Park Deluxe or even, Park Deluxe View and was it a Paid Room or an Award?

Also, is the layout the same as PH Vendome with rooms facing a courtyard and are they rooms that are brighter than others such as corner rooms with more than one window?
Thanks
Old Apr 6, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, SAS Eurobonus
I just finished a two night (paid) stay at Park Hyatt Vienna. Overall the stay was very nice. The property and room was very beautiful IMHO. The service was also good, especially at the restaurand, The Bank. I had both breakfast and dinner at The Bank. Food was also good to very good.

Since I'm not holding a gold passport diamond level status I cannot comment on diamond recognition. However I received a plate of fruit and two bottles of water when I arrived. The wi-fi was also free. I tried the wi-fi a couple of times and it worked fine (and quick) for me.

I also used the fitness center. It was equipped with several machines and some free weights. The gym is next to the spa and a swimming pool. I dind't try the spa or pool thought.

Room

Bathroom
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75
Just stayed at the property for 3 nights on a C+P stay plus a Suite Upgrade.
We checked in and everything was pretty much ready for us. Regular suite was pretty nice and had a roll away bed set up for our child. One thing I noticed is that I didn't get an email from the hotel prior to our arrival which I typically get from most Hyatt properties. Not the end of the world, but I guess for a Park Hyatt that should be a given. The property is gorgeous, rooms are extremely nice, breakfast was amazing (best pancakes at any Park Hyatt including Sydney), service was super friendly and at a good pace.
After our first night we had some observations (I know, first world problems):
I was asked if I wanted a newspaper and I said yes. It was never delivered. Not enough towels. Shower drain was clogged and smelly. Again, nothing super ultra problematic but since this is 10 months old Park Hyatt you would expect it to be in tip toe shape. Anyhow, we went out that afternoon for a late dinner and when we returned, the manager on duty intercepted and notified us that housekeeping found some electrical issues in our suite and that we had to be relocated. They gave us the Diplomatic Suite which retails for over $2,000 a night. This room was truly amazing and had no issues at all. They also sent a bottle of Moet 2006 which was appreciated. We had to move that night which was a little hectic but I can't complain. BTW, never received the newspaper even after reminding the front desk. Over all, a great stay with little things to improve. I would go back in a heartbeat.
Location is perfect, with many shops, restaurants and things to do close by. Restaurant is beautiful and breakfast was absolutely one of the best I had in a Park Hyatt. Swimming pool and gym were more than adecuate and never crowded. If you go to Vienna, I'd say this is the place to stay.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Heading this way post Hawaii in May over the bank holiday.

Looking forward to trying the hospitality out at this property.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Smile

Friday for me
Old Apr 9, 2015, 6:06 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, AS MVP Gold
I'm currently at the Park Hyatt Vienna and this is absolutely one of the most stunning property I have been to. I have stayed at Park Hyatt Tokyo, Milan, New York, Buenos Aires...etc, and I have to say this property is above all. The decor is opulent yet classy, and the bathroom is impeccable that I want to decorate my own bathroom the same way. The location is perfect, in the heart of Vienna and yet on a quieter street. From the airport, you can take uber for €30 or bus for €8 and then walk here.

One thing to note is, I'm only a Platinum member (But often stay as Diamond on Guest of Honor reservations) and booking on a free night certificate, yet I was upgraded to a suite! Very good gesture from Park Hyatt Vienna, very much appreciated.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jazzmailman
I'm currently at the Park Hyatt Vienna and this is absolutely one of the most stunning property I have been to. I have stayed at Park Hyatt Tokyo, Milan, New York, Buenos Aires...etc, and I have to say this property is above all. The decor is opulent yet classy, and the bathroom is impeccable that I want to decorate my own bathroom the same way. The location is perfect, in the heart of Vienna and yet on a quieter street. From the airport, you can take uber for €30 or bus for €8 and then walk here.

One thing to note is, I'm only a Platinum member (But often stay as Diamond on Guest of Honor reservations) and booking on a free night certificate, yet I was upgraded to a suite! Very good gesture from Park Hyatt Vienna, very much appreciated.
Getting consistently stellar review on FT is not easy. Very much looking forward to my stay in July!
Old Apr 25, 2015, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Just completed 2 C&P stays. A truly outstanding property and now my favorite Hyatt, from a service and amenity standpoint. It's hard to beat Kauai for location. I've stayed at over 60 different Hyatts. As a diamond I was upgraded to a suite on both occations. This was our first time in Vienna and we will definately be coming back.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 1:15 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Just completed 2 C&P stays. A truly outstanding property and now my favorite Hyatt, from a service and amenity standpoint. It's hard to beat Kauai for location. I've stayed at over 60 different Hyatts. As a diamond I was upgraded to a suite on both occations. This was our first time in Vienna and we will definately be coming back.
If only we could send this management to the Park Hyatt New York and replace them we would really have something
Outstanding hotel great management and team @ PH Vienna^
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:06 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
If only we could send this management to the Park Hyatt New York and replace them we would really have something
Outstanding hotel great management and team @ PH Vienna^
I wish that my experience had been the same.

I had a poor experience with the concierge. I had thought I had confirmed an airport transfer, but in their minds I had not. Fortunately I called from LHR with a delay and they were able to sort things out but they sent an outsourced E class with the smell of air freshener covering up smoke and two empty water bottles.

We were offered a diamond amenity, to be delivered the next night due to late arrival. We were offered a choice of sweet, or savory, or champagne or whatever. We didn't get anything the next night. I inquired the next day and was offered the choice of something sweet or savory, and choose sweet. We got 5 mozart chocolates, a less than 3 euro amenity.

Zero recognition for our anniversary. Contrast this to the PH Prague where we both received a welcome amenity and a special treat for our anniversary.

It's got a great hard product but I found the soft product to be quite lacking. Here's my review.

FDW
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu

I had a poor experience with the concierge. I had thought I had confirmed an airport transfer, but in their minds I had not. Fortunately I called from LHR with a delay and they were able to sort things out but they sent an outsourced E class with the smell of air freshener covering up smoke and two empty water bottles.

We were offered a diamond amenity, to be delivered the next night due to late arrival. We were offered a choice of sweet, or savory, or champagne or whatever. We didn't get anything the next night. I inquired the next day and was offered the choice of something sweet or savory, and choose sweet. We got 5 mozart chocolates, a less than 3 euro amenity.

Zero recognition for our anniversary. Contrast this to the PH Prague where we both received a welcome amenity and a special treat for our anniversary.

It's got a great hard product but I found the soft product to be quite lacking. Here's my review.

FDW
Did you try any service recovery for the dirty limo and poor sweet Diamond amenity?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu

FDW
Is there a PH Prague? I can't find it on Hyatt's list of hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.