Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Review of Park Hyatt Vienna

Quick report back from the Park Hyatt Vienna:

Stayed in the Executive Suite at the Park Hyatt Vienna. The room was generously proportioned with a stunning entry hall featuring the mother-of-pearl mosaic which is a recurring motif in the hotel. Passing the adjoining guest powder room and walk-in cloakroom. Entrance through grand double doors to a large lounge complete with dining table for 6, spacious comfortable seating area and desk. Lots of mirrors, spectacular crystal chandeliers. Through another set of double doors, the bedroom also offered a well-lit dressing table and via a corridor of large walk-in wardrobe, huge bathroom, with luxurious under floor heating, enormous rain-shower, twin sinks and temperature-controlled bath. Naturally, a TV in the bathroom mirror and top notch toiletries by Blaise Mautin (LOVE this smell)

Highlights: Swimming pool, situated under the barrel ceiling of the old bank vault. Outstanding decor. Bank restaurant glorious, with exquisite food.

Bad points: Champers amenity took 4 hours to come and took a lot of chasing, also had some problems with the lighting.

I would highly recommend this hotel - the decor is opulent and breathtaking. Service tries but isn't as slick as some other Park Hyatts (eg Zurich) but it remains my No 1 choice for Vienna.

(Piccys are on my blog too as i still cant figure out how to upload them to flyertalk).
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
I just got back too, you great miler, you.

I was in the Belle Epoque suite that didn't have the big dining table but had pretty much the same amenities. Loved the bathroom and the bed was not as firm as others in the Park Hyatt system.

I found service perfect and the diamond breakfast to rival the Vendome and Sydney.

I think this property is my favorite Park Hyatt and will return again in June.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Did you pay for those suites or use a DSU?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
we used DSU
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:11 am

I think I have found how to post a picture so here goes!

This is Suite 222
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:14 am

This is the Bank Restaurant

Gotta love those Chandeliers!
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: AS , AA, Hilton, Hyatt, Kimpton, Hertz
Will be there Friday night for 4 nights using a DSU. Looking forward to trying another PH.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:28 pm

us also, exact same nights
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
3/7-3/9

Arrived on Saturday in a c&p stay with dsu upgrade. Everything is amazing as reported before!
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:10 am

Programs: AS , AA, Hilton, Hyatt, Kimpton, Hertz
Sounds like there are 3 of us here. I officially declare the Vienna PH "discovered". Great property. Little service issues like. 10 knock last night for turn-down and very slow bar services. Still does not detract and will be back!
Old Mar 9, 2015, 8:37 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NotHome
Sounds like there are 3 of us here. I officially declare the Vienna PH "discovered". Great property. Little service issues like. 10 knock last night for turn-down and very slow bar services. Still does not detract and will be back!
Very slow beverage service during bf as well.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 9:23 am

So just made a booking for December here using C&P. Unfortunately no DSU available on C&P at this time. Any tips on trying to get the suite upgrade? Keep calling back periodically to see if there is availability? Get in touch with the property directly?
Old Mar 14, 2015, 4:36 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Gunner14
So just made a booking for December here using C&P. Unfortunately no DSU available on C&P at this time. Any tips on trying to get the suite upgrade? Keep calling back periodically to see if there is availability? Get in touch with the property directly?
Check when the Park Suite is available.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 9:34 am

It is available. DSU on a P&C booking is more restrictive than on a cash rate.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
I just got back too, you great miler, you.

I was in the Belle Epoque suite that didn't have the big dining table but had pretty much the same amenities. Loved the bathroom and the bed was not as firm as others in the Park Hyatt system.

I found service perfect and the diamond breakfast to rival the Vendome and Sydney.

I think this property is my favorite Park Hyatt and will return again in June.
Good to hear, there was rather a harsh PH Vienna thread on the Luxury forum, Made me abit sad as I think this hotel is beautiful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.