Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by BKKROP
It was full of Diamonds last week, had to hit the charm button a bit to get front tables for breakfast.

This is our favourite Hyatt, and it intrigued us too, how they they got our private mail address so quickly, until we recalled talking to Adam, a new assistant from Barnados and exchanging cards. Tried their poolside rooms, complete with a butler who replemished 3 jars of cookies, chocolates and crackers each day... most impressed, and we enjoyed the room as much as upstairs. Concierge organised a car and driver most days for $50, which I thought was reasonable and it maybe time to change our tailor, got shirts made for $26, better than half the price of Bangkok
Thx for the insight BKKROP. Just wondering, what kind of shirt ($26) is that (i.e. you mentioned in last sentences)?
Old May 28, 2011, 10:25 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
... Mac Thi Buoi off Dong Khoi, Cao Minh, heavy thread business button down collar and they did a very nice job
Old May 28, 2011, 10:43 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by BKKROP
... Mac Thi Buoi off Dong Khoi, Cao Minh, heavy thread business button down collar and they did a very nice job
Let me apologize if I misinterpret it, is it compliment as a Diamond Member (to get a discount or special occasion) or do they sell it in the souvenirs shops in the hotel? Thx for the information BKKROP ^
Old May 28, 2011, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by HaryoS
Let me apologize if I misinterpret it, is it compliment as a Diamond Member (to get a discount or special occasion) or do they sell it in the souvenirs shops in the hotel? Thx for the information BKKROP ^
If I interpreted correctly. CAO MINH is a reputable tailor in the city.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:54 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / Hyatt Courtesy C./ Hertz
Hello to all,

Anyone would have the email address of the Michael Golden, the GM of Park Hyatt Saigon?
I would appreciate to get it via private message as I need to ask him something important.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 29, 2011, 4:16 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
They were offering 2 for 1 on cocktails in 2 Lam Son between 5 and 7 pm, which I had not been offered on any previous stay. Shame they sent it in an email rather than on any literature you receive on arrival.
Just did another weekend stay here and got more confused by the above cocktail offer. After only receiving it after my first night last time I enquired at check-in and got a blank face from the staff member who seemed to know nothing about it but promised to check. I got a call in the room 30 minutes later advising that the offer would be 'available again for this stay', and further discussion revealed that it the offer seems to be just picked at random, which seems a strange way to operate.

Originally Posted by Grichka
Hello to all,

Anyone would have the email address of the Michael Golden, the GM of Park Hyatt Saigon?
I would appreciate to get it via private message as I need to ask him something important.

Thanks in advance!
If it's that important, and as you seem to live in Saigon, why don't you call the hotel or even go in ?.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just did another weekend stay here and got more confused by the above cocktail offer. After only receiving it after my first night last time I enquired at check-in and got a blank face from the staff member who seemed to know nothing about it but promised to check. I got a call in the room 30 minutes later advising that the offer would be 'available again for this stay', and further discussion revealed that it the offer seems to be just picked at random, which seems a strange way to operate.
Very strange. I have received this offer even when staying at the Sheraton down the street! (When you enter the Park Hyatt-walk in- they advise you of a special happy hour).
Old Jul 31, 2011, 9:06 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / Hyatt Courtesy C./ Hertz
If it's that important, and as you seem to live in Saigon, why don't you call the hotel or even go in ?.
Thank you for the advise. I did not think about this solution. See I'm a very stupid guy actually.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
I have booked two rooms x three nights at this hotel and used diamond suite upgrades for both rooms.

I noticed that they have two types of suites according to their hotel website: pool or city view. Does anybody know which one is better?
Old Sep 3, 2011, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by kuponuts
I noticed that they have two types of suites according to their hotel website: pool or city view. Does anybody know which one is better?
We enjoy the pool, so we always grab the pool side if we can. There is a table and two chairs on the patio, ideal for reading the papers in the morning or have a light lunch or early poolside dinner. It is also on the same floor as the spa, which makes getting back to your rooms afterwards, easier. If the pool is noisy, or you need privacy, go inside with the drapes drawn, and ask the butler to make some afternoon tea. During the rainy season, take the city views, sunny and outdoorsy take the pool is my take on Saigon.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 2:15 am

Stayed a week in a Park Suite. Nice hotel but poor service.

Here some pictures:

Park Suite:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....tt-saigon.html

Suite details:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....-saigon-2.html

Diamond breakfast:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....-saigon-3.html

Hotel details:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....-saigon-4.html
Old Sep 27, 2011, 11:28 am

I'm headed to this property soon. It'll be my first time in Vietnam. What's the best way to get here from the airport? Do taxis take credit cards in Vietnam? If not, where's a good place to exchange for VN currency (my bank doesn't provide Vietnamese currency so it's a little hard to do it before I leave).
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
just change for Dongs at the airport.

It should cost you less than 10 USD to get to the hotel.

Some cab meters are rigged, but unlikely if you are from the airport.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by portlandexpos04
What's the best way to get here from the airport? Do taxis take credit cards in Vietnam? If not, where's a good place to exchange for VN currency (my bank doesn't provide Vietnamese currency so it's a little hard to do it before I leave).
Most services in Vietnam are quoted in US dollars, so you can, if you wish pay in your currency. Personally I use Dong and exchange at the airport then later in the city, and unless you are exchanging large amounts, when the rates are in the 20,000, any variance shouldn't concern you. The taxis are very good as long as you get a new one. Check the line of cabs and choose the newest and if anyone has a go at you, say this is the one I booked
Old Jan 23, 2012, 1:56 pm

Absolutely loved this hotel. It was my first time in Vietnam and my flight got in late, so I spent a little extra and had the hotel arrange transportation for me. Was greeted at the airport by an extremely friendly hotel staff member who drove my wife and I straight to the hotel from the airport in one of their Benzes. Very comfortable and relaxing, especially given the chaos on HCMC's streets.

We were staying for 3 nights. My wife (Platinum Member) booked the first night using her Chase Card Award. I (Diamond Member) booked the second and third nights and used one of my suite upgrades. Upon check-in, Dat, the FD Manager immediately noticed this and told me that they would upgrade me to the suite at no charge for the first night so that I wouldn't have to change rooms mid-stay. He also told me that Diamond benefits would definitely apply for the entirety of the stay even tho the 1st night's reservation was made under my wife's name. That was a very nice gesture - and I didn't even have to ask! ^

The suite we got consisted of a large living room, decently sized bedroom, walk-in closet and a large bathroom with shower and jacuzzi. The decor is French Colonial. Not really my style, but it was nice, and very comfortable.

The next day we went downstairs for breakfast. We were greeted, by name (couldn't figure out how they knew who I was since I had never seen these staff members before), and were told right-off-the bat that since we were Diamond Members, our breakfast was complimentary and we could order anything off the menu or take the buffet. This was really nice since every other Hyatt I've been to always charges you for the breakfast and the FD takes care of it afterwards. It was really nice to be recognized as a Diamond at the restaurant, and not have to worry about the extra paperwork and deductions at check-out.

Would definitely recommend the Vietnamese items on the breakfast menu. The stir-fried noodles w/crab meat was amazing. So was the Bo Kho (the bread is amazing), and Banh Mi. The Pho was also good too. The watermelon juice was also amazing and refreshing in the South Vietnamese heat (I must've had four plus refills of these things).

On our last morning here, we woke up a little late. In fact, 10 minutes before breakfast was scheduled to end. So we called down to the FD to see if it was too late to make it down to the restaurant. Instead, the FD said, "we'll just send breakfast up to you!" Okay, I've never had that offer before at any other Hyatt. Way to go PH Saigon!

I would rate this hotel 5+ out of 5. The building itself is nice, but really, it's the absolutely AMAZING service that really makes this hotel. I've had great service (as expected) from multiple Park Hyatts, but this one really took the cake.

I am really looking forward to my next visit here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.