Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2015, 12:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Actually I found most of dewby's comments objective and informative. Maybe because I generally place more importance on a property's hard product rather than the level of service, which is always subjective.

Specifically, the photos of the bathtub and furniture are incredibly disappointing. We'll be using a DSU, so hopefully things will be a bit better that what is depicted in the photos.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:50 pm

Does anyone have more pictures of the renovated rooms and suites? Oddly (concerningly), I've scoured the internet and couldn't come up with more than a few pictures of the new rooms. After a complete closure to remodel, you'd think they'd take a bunch of pictures and send them far and wide.

We're looking at a December visit, and the PH used to be the go-to, but there are a number of other hotels whose hard products are looking interesting (Reverie, Mgallerie Hotel des Arts, etc).
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:15 pm

Not sure if this helps you, this is one of their new Cabana Suites w/ direct pool access. Probably my favorite choice at the hotel.

Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Sorry, but again I can´t understand this renovation! I would avoid the pool-suites as they lack privacy. But this is a personal choice....
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:23 pm

Scented, thanks for the pictures. It's still a bit of a toss-up between staying with status at the PH or trying elsewhere, we'll see!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by jxwo
Scented, thanks for the pictures. It's still a bit of a toss-up between staying with status at the PH or trying elsewhere, we'll see!
By all means, give the PH a chance before opting for Reverie. Or at least bring your sunglasses before you enter.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by scented
By all means, give the PH a chance before opting for Reverie. Or at least bring your sunglasses before you enter.
How was the bathroom in the suite at PH? From photos I've seen from pre-reno, it almost seemed that the bathroom in the deluxe rooms looked nicer than that in the suites.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
How was the bathroom in the suite at PH? From photos I've seen from pre-reno, it almost seemed that the bathroom in the deluxe rooms looked nicer than that in the suites.
I would say depends on suite. The Executive-Suite bathroom is definitively better than the "normal" ones.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
I would say depends on suite. The Executive-Suite bathroom is definitively better than the "normal" ones.
Not too confident of getting an executive suite with a DSU on a P&C rate.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:23 am

The bathroom itself is okay. Just okay. It's the weakest feature of the suite. Have no pictures of the bathroom unfortunately, but only one sink sadly, decent sized rain shower with acceptable water pressure and solid amenities. Totally lacking however was closet space. This remains a nightmare. I was traveling with 7 big suitcases and the suite just isn't made for that.

Not too confident of getting an executive suite with a DSU on a P&C rate.
You can always work something out with them, against a fee. They are so accommodating.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The bathroom itself is okay. Just okay. It's the weakest feature of the suite. Have no pictures of the bathroom unfortunately, but only one sink sadly, decent sized rain shower with acceptable water pressure and solid amenities. Totally lacking however was closet space. This remains a nightmare. I was traveling with 7 big suitcases and the suite just isn't made for that.

You can always work something out with them, against a fee. They are so accommodating.
Traveling wirh laguage is always a problem, few suites are made for it. Who travels with ONE suitcase? Wasn't much better in the Executive Suite. Can't say if Executive Suite works with upgrade, I booked it from the beginning. But they offered me paid upgrade to Presidential Suite, so they are "open" for such things. Also if you don't mind it's always a good trick to negotiate after seeing the room, perhaps complaining about only 1 sink....
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:03 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
I'm looking at some of the pics on here and as others have said, what's changed since the renovation? Everything looks the same.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by offerendum
Traveling wirh laguage is always a problem, few suites are made for it. Who travels with ONE suitcase? Wasn't much better in the Executive Suite. Can't say if Executive Suite works with upgrade, I booked it from the beginning. But they offered me paid upgrade to Presidential Suite, so they are "open" for such things. Also if you don't mind it's always a good trick to negotiate after seeing the room, perhaps complaining about only 1 sink....
How much extra did they want for the Presidential suite?
Old Sep 6, 2015, 1:42 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD

Sorry, most hotel guests don't travel with 7 pieces of luggage, so most hotel rooms and suites are not designed to accommodate this much luggage.
Bottom line, this was a minor renovation of the rooms with furniture, wall coverings, floor coverings, etc.. I am surprised at the level of disdain at the bathrooms. They are very nice in my opinion, with plenty of room when I stay there. This is the best hotel in Saigon with service levels that match.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aventine
How much extra did they want for the Presidential suite?
Didn't ask and my wife always thought we pay too much for the Executive Suite. If I had asked she had killed me....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.