Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by DP81
Anyone here have a recent experience with having two adults and one child in a room? When I call Hyatt's reservation line, they said I would need two rooms for the three of us. We don't want to get another rooom for a 4 year old. Seems silly. Any thoughts? Thanks!
I stayed here half a dozen times with a child and never had any issues. Always booked as 2 adults. FWIW, I'm also a Diamond, not sure if that makes any difference.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by imm2b
FWIW, I'm also a Diamond, not sure if that makes any difference.
I don't think it matters in this case. My silly US logic/non-status self hasn't had any issues with a 3rd person in the room, even an adult who was a relative (yes, we asked the front desk).
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:09 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by VNAFlyer
I don't think it matters in this case. My silly US logic/non-status self hasn't had any issues with a 3rd person in the room, even an adult who was a relative (yes, we asked the front desk).
Funny thing is in my Hyatt profile, I had roll-away checked. On my last stay, our child wasn't with us, they already put a roll-away in our room without asking. I had to ask them to remove it. On the same trip, before getting to Saigon, we overnighted at the GH Taipei, they also had a roll-away already setup in our room. Talk about proactive customer service. That's one of the reasons why I love Hyatt.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
Anyone have any thoughts on the wifi at this property? I am staying there in a couple weeks and have a poorly-timed conference call I have to be on from 9pm to midnight one night using Skype. Want to make sure the wifi can handle it. Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:48 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Originally Posted by zoomgirl
Anyone have any thoughts on the wifi at this property? I am staying there in a couple weeks and have a poorly-timed conference call I have to be on from 9pm to midnight one night using Skype. Want to make sure the wifi can handle it. Thanks!
I have never had any issues with Wifi at this property or using Skype.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:25 am

Anyone have success booking the night of March 1? The hotel is supposed to close on March 2 but it's not letting me book the noght of 3/1 online. Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by moops380
Anyone have success booking the night of March 1? The hotel is supposed to close on March 2 but it's not letting me book the noght of 3/1 online. Thanks
And this surprises you?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by moops380
This is probably just a lack of clarity on what they mean by being closed from March 2.

I have a reservation at another hotel that is closing from March 24, and they are accepting reservations for March 23, since they mean they are not accepting reservations from March 24.

But when PH Saigon says they will be closed from March 2, they may mean they will be physically closed from the morning of March 2, and if that is the case of course they would not accept reservations for the night of March 1 although restaurants and the lobby would probably be open until evening on that day.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 3:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat

Just completed two stays here during my trip to Vietnam. Hotel decor isn't really my style, but it is beautiful. Great location and pool is very nice after a day of walking around the hot city. Breakfast is really amazing. Best pork bahn mi sandwich I had during my whole trip. Lovely pastries. Staff is very nice and accommodating as well. A good value for cash + points plus I used a DSU. Seemed like kind of a waste since it was just me but the suite was huge and beautiful.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Hi, I posted a review at the luxury hotel Forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...tt-saigon.html
Old Jul 5, 2015, 2:47 am

On a different travel community site that I frequent, I have read a complaint from someone who stayed post-renovation about an intense smell of paint/solvent (either way, unpleasant chemical smell) in the rooms.

Can any FTers who stayed here comment? Just wondering whether it's down to individual sensitivity or whether there is in fact a bigger problem.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:18 am

Programs: United 1K; United 1MM; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stargold
On a different travel community site that I frequent, I have read a complaint from someone who stayed post-renovation about an intense smell of paint/solvent (either way, unpleasant chemical smell) in the rooms.

Can any FTers who stayed here comment? Just wondering whether it's down to individual sensitivity or whether there is in fact a bigger problem.
Just finished a 3 night stay here and it was a great stay. There are still some rooms (floors?) that are under renovation. We did notice the smell of fresh paint in certain areas of the hotel. These were mostly near the elevator bank on the lobby level. Did not notice anything in the room. We were on the 9th floor (top floor). It would not prevent me from staying at the hotel again.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:34 am

Good to know - thank you.

Just out of interest (if you're Diamond), what room type did you book and what did you get on the day?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by hattrick17
Just finished a 3 night stay here and it was a great stay. There are still some rooms (floors?) that are under renovation. We did notice the smell of fresh paint in certain areas of the hotel. These were mostly near the elevator bank on the lobby level. Did not notice anything in the room. We were on the 9th floor (top floor). It would not prevent me from staying at the hotel again.
What do you think about the renovated rooms? I only saw a Picture on tripadvisor and found it disappointing. Seemed it lost some character.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: United 1K; United 1MM; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stargold
Good to know - thank you.

Just out of interest (if you're Diamond), what room type did you book and what did you get on the day?
We booked the standard room and upgraded using DSU. We were given a Park King Suite. It's essentially two regular rooms with the connecting door removed. One side was the sitting area and a small carve out room they call a "pantry" (sink, counter, minibar), the other was the standard bedroom area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.