Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2015, 9:16 pm

Heard the renovation has left a bad paint smell all around...is this resolved? Planning a guest of honor for my parents and don't want to disappoint them.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by nowstime
Heard the renovation has left a bad paint smell all around...is this resolved? Planning a guest of honor for my parents and don't want to disappoint them.
Some floors are definitely better than others - assuming the hotel is not full, they should be able to move your parents to a different floor if they find the smell too much.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
We have about 48 hours in Saigon this year as we catch our CX flight back to the US ex-SGN in late December. I looked at the Le Meridien to maybe try something new, but wow it has a terrible pool! So back to PH we go, I think our first stay was 10 years ago if I am not mistaken.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG/Marriott Plat, WOH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Gold, jetBlue Mosaic

Staying here now, used a Diamond Suite Upgrade. Count me very impressed. Service is impeccable, breakfast at Opera has been great and the pool area is a revelation, really top notch with cabanas, nice pool, good food/drink menu as well. Gym is also nice. Did tour to Mekong Delta which was expensive but well worth it as the hotel provided a Mercedes S with a driver and guide, and even has a snack/drink menu you can pre-order from. Oh, and the car has wifi. Our guide mentioned she liked Adele so I downloaded the new album and played it on the Bluetooth on the way back. Park King Suite nice and well appointed with marble bathroom with separate shower/tub but not over the top huge like PH Tokyo or BA. Overall an excellent property and a great location. Hotel looks spectacular post-renovation, no smell issues on 9th floor.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by CanesLawMarty
Staying here now, used a Diamond Suite Upgrade. Count me very impressed. Service is impeccable, breakfast at Opera has been great and the pool area is a revelation, really top notch with cabanas, nice pool, good food/drink menu as well. Gym is also nice. Did tour to Mekong Delta which was expensive but well worth it as the hotel provided a Mercedes S with a driver and guide, and even has a snack/drink menu you can pre-order from. Oh, and the car has wifi. Our guide mentioned she liked Adele so I downloaded the new album and played it on the Bluetooth on the way back. Park King Suite nice and well appointed with marble bathroom with separate shower/tub but not over the top huge like PH Tokyo or BA. Overall an excellent property and a great location. Hotel looks spectacular post-renovation, no smell issues on 9th floor.
Enjoy! It is a wonderful hotel, one of the best Park Hyatt and I am very happy they get the recognition they deserve. The hotel developed some true superstars like Anh from Concierge, who work very hard every day to create experiences and make every guest happy.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:51 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
We stayed here last week for a couple of days on the way back to the US from Myanmar. It was our 10th year in a row going and while we didn't have the luck to get a suite this year, all told we had another great stay. The service just keeps getting better each year and while my wife isn't a huge fan of the decor redo in the rooms, it wasn't enough to really bother her.

The pool remodel is a huge change, now the pool level rooms have more privacy (with the exception of the 2 right by the pool). But the downside is that the seating area away from the pool is smaller and (gasp!) there is no bar there any longer. The pool drinks and food ordering suffers just a bit as a result.

We got a nice note about our longtime loyalty to the property and they put my wife and 2 of my kids in the Maybach S600 Benz for a complimentary ride back to the airport our last day (I took a taxi with my youngest son and the bulk of our luggage).

We were surprised at how festive Saigon was around Christmas and decided we'll spend the entire holiday season in Vietnam next year, with the bulk of it just chilling out at the PH Saigon.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by stephem
But the downside is that the seating area away from the pool is smaller and (gasp!)
This can be a problem, as it was even hard to find a place while we stayed (before the remodeling).
Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:01 am

Hi. I just booked a trip to vietnam 4 nights - arrive SGN at 10:30 pm. is it better to go to the Park Hyatt at night, or just stay at a local airport hotel and go the next day? any suggestions? thank you!
Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:16 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Originally Posted by katstarr
Hi. I just booked a trip to vietnam 4 nights - arrive SGN at 10:30 pm. is it better to go to the Park Hyatt at night, or just stay at a local airport hotel and go the next day? any suggestions? thank you!
At that time it should only take about 25-30 minutes to get there.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by GB
At that time it should only take about 25-30 minutes to get there.
Indeed. It would be more of a pain to check into an airport hotel only to check out the next day to get to the PH in full-on traffic. Much easier just to head straight there and enjoy your room.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Go to Park Hyatt. I donīt think there are really a decent airport hotel.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 9:33 pm

Programs: Platinum SPG, Marriott Platinum, United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum,
Originally Posted by offerendum
Go to Park Hyatt. I donīt think there are really a decent airport hotel.
Definitely go directly to the Park Hyatt, and I would highly recommend taking advantage of the hotel concierge's email offer of having a Hyatt representative meet you at the air bridge upon leaving the plane to take your bags and expedite the border patrol line. Also sign up for the Hyatt S class Mercedes to pick you up at the airport as the Hyatt rep will phone the driver and meet you as you leave customs. The entire service cost about $110 with tips, is added to your hotel bill so no need to worry if you have no VND, and well worth it as the taxi line can be daunting at SGN at night, especially after a day of flying. I was off the plane, through border patrol, and arrived at the hotel within 25 minutes.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 11:30 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Originally Posted by Concorde28
Definitely go directly to the Park Hyatt, and I would highly recommend taking advantage of the hotel concierge's email offer of having a Hyatt representative meet you at the air bridge upon leaving the plane to take your bags and expedite the border patrol line. Also sign up for the Hyatt S class Mercedes to pick you up at the airport as the Hyatt rep will phone the driver and meet you as you leave customs. The entire service cost about $110 with tips, is added to your hotel bill so no need to worry if you have no VND, and well worth it as the taxi line can be daunting at SGN at night, especially after a day of flying. I was off the plane, through border patrol, and arrived at the hotel within 25 minutes.
I have never seen more than a handful of people in the taxi line.
Sorry, but I would rather pay the $8 taxi fare for the 25 minute ride than $110 for the hotel car.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by GB
I have never seen more than a handful of people in the taxi line.
Sorry, but I would rather pay the $8 taxi fare for the 25 minute ride than $110 for the hotel car.
Uber Select in a Mercedes for less than $8 . Seriously, my 2km Uber ride within District 1 last month was 30K VND. I liked it so much, I asked the driver to come back the next day to take me to the airport for 150K VND or ~$6.5.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
$110 for a hotel car seems pretty rich.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.