Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 9:25 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I think the PH is good value on C&P with DSU, but I agree with Jaimito that for "non-special" stays a $100 BRG at the Sheraton or LM may be the better option; for SPG Plats, these properties routinely upgrade to suites, and the lounge/breakfast benefits add value. So I'll stay at the PH for a special treat; for every day, other options are perfectly adequate.
Old May 27, 2016, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by jpdx
I think the PH is good value on C&P with DSU, but I agree with Jaimito that for "non-special" stays a $100 BRG at the Sheraton or LM may be the better option; for SPG Plats, these properties routinely upgrade to suites, and the lounge/breakfast benefits add value. So I'll stay at the PH for a special treat; for every day, other options are perfectly adequate.
Itīs comparing apples with pears in my eyes. PH is a Luxury Hotel and the best in town. You canīt compare it to Sheraton or LM. Itīs a question of needs and preferences. Same with GH CGK. Surely (canīt judge myself) a fine hotel, but donīt think I would choose.
Old May 27, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
I'm looking forward to checking this hotel out this summer (and add it to he lost of PH that I have visited). I have enough points to book 3 award nights but have a DSU I'd like to use (and don't have an opportunity to use later in the year). From the experience of people who have visited, if I booked a P and C rate for the 1st night (and apply a DSU) do you think they would move me out of the suite to a regular room for night 2 and 3? Or do you think they would let me stay in the suite for the other nights? I know there are many variables in this scenario but I wanted to see what other people thought.

On a side note, I'm now very excited about the food/breakfast here. After staying at the PH Sydney, Tokyo, Paris, GH Hong Kong, the fact that this is mentioned in the ranks of those properties is promising. The GH HK is by far the largest breakfast I have been to but it sounds like this is t THAT large...
Old May 27, 2016, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by merice107107

On a side note, I'm now very excited about the food/breakfast here. After staying at the PH Sydney, Tokyo, Paris, GH Hong Kong, the fact that this is mentioned in the ranks of those properties is promising. The GH HK is by far the largest breakfast I have been to but it sounds like this is t THAT large...
Well, it's a sizeable buffet, plus a nice menu that you can order multiples off of. I do find Vietnam does food nicely. Even a 4 star place that I'm staying in has a better breakfast than a lot of 5 star hotels places I've been to.
Old May 27, 2016, 1:36 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by offerendum
Itīs comparing apples with pears in my eyes. PH is a Luxury Hotel and the best in town. You canīt compare it to Sheraton or LM. Itīs a question of needs and preferences. Same with GH CGK. Surely (canīt judge myself) a fine hotel, but donīt think I would choose.
Right, and I wouldn't (and didn't) say that they're equal. If someone said, I want to stay at the best hotel in town, price no object, I'd tell them to pick the PH. If someone asked, where do I get the best value for a regular stay where I don't need to impress myself or anyone else, I'd steer them to a place that'll cost 1/3 of what the PH charges.
Old May 27, 2016, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by jpdx
Right, and I wouldn't (and didn't) say that they're equal. If someone said, I want to stay at the best hotel in town, price no object, I'd tell them to pick the PH. If someone asked, where do I get the best value for a regular stay where I don't need to impress myself or anyone else, I'd steer them to a place that'll cost 1/3 of what the PH charges.
OK, no objection.

@ breakfast: during my stay (02/2015) it was without question nice, but I had many equally breakfasts in my life. Would rank it a 7 of 10.
Old May 27, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Re breakfast: It is certainly not the largest buffet; not by a long shot. Much smaller than at the Cafe at GH HK, but a lot less busy and relaxed. Also well laid out so that you don't have to wander about looking for what you want. I rate the atmosphere as the best I have experienced. Food is very high quality, and if you are Diamond you can pick a few things from the buffet and then order as much as you want from the menu and don't have to get up and go looking for it. The eggs royale (eggs benedict with salmon instead of ham) was exceptional, and the portion was small enough so that you could have numerous other things as well. I would rate atmosphere 10, quality 9, buffet variety 7 (but 9 if your include the menu).
Old May 28, 2016, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
if you are Diamond you can pick a few things from the buffet and then order as much as you want from the menu and don't have to get up and go looking for it.
Isnīt this always the case? I donīt remember any restrictions.
Old May 28, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by offerendum
Isnīt this always the case? I donīt remember any restrictions.
Not sure what you mean.

In my experience there are very few properties that allow a Diamond the buffet plus unlimited orders off the a la carte menu. And I much appreciate having table service rather than having to run around a massive buffet looking for what I want.
Old May 29, 2016, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Not sure what you mean.

In my experience there are very few properties that allow a Diamond the buffet plus unlimited orders off the a la carte menu. And I much appreciate having table service rather than having to run around a massive buffet looking for what I want.
I've only stayed at a handful of Park Hyatt's, but all that I recall you could order whatever you want from the menu. Multiple items, etc.
Old May 29, 2016, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure what you mean.

OK, Iīm no Diamond and not used to Hyatt-policy. I only remember very few hotels (Amangiri, FS Florence) were not all items + buffet were included. PH Saigon is a great Virtuoso-property with one free dinner and at low season guaranteed upgrades (useless for me as no suites included).
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:37 am

Stayed here recently on an annual free night from the Chase cc. Was upgraded to the 1BR suite on check-in. I'm a diamond, but was surprised by this since not a paid stay. Amenity was wine if I believe, but I chose points instead, and in the suite there was already a bottle of wine and some snacks.

Staff at check-in was typically very kind and efficient. Room was well appointed and very spacious. I am not a fan of classical or whatever style some of the older looks that hotels go for, but this one was quite nice. Sofa and chairs were very comfortable. Bed was also good. The 1BR overlooked the square and traffic directly in front of the hotel. Nothing spectacular in that regard, but being a low-rise, there are not many great views from the hotel I suspect. Bathroom was very large as well.

I was a bit let down with the breakfast. I had read on here how great it was, but it seemed pretty average to me. The spread was pretty big, and the eggs benedict to order were pretty good, albeit the muffin was burned black on one area. But the meats in general, both with my eggs and at the buffet, were only local quality, and did not seem to be international standard. I'm no foodie, so I could be wrong I am sure, but I live in Vietnam lately and the meats seemed pretty local level to me, like I would get at many other cheap hotels. The pho was also pretty average. Again, it was good and large, but I had seen comments about it being one of the best in the world or something and I would not agree with that.

My only other problem, again minor, was the thermostat. It was set quite cold when I entered, and after adjusting it, it would not stay on or cool down again. I am pretty capable with that type of thing, so I don't think it was my error, but it was just a small issue either way.

To comment from earlier reviews, the POTUS did not stay here, he was at the Intercontinental. But idk if some of the staff or press stayed here.

All in all, a great quick visit for me, and I really liked the room and was treated with great kindness by the staff. Highly recommended if you're in Saigon.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:41 pm

Spent four nights here recently on a P+C rate, with an DSU applied to a Park Suite King. I had reached out to the hotel prior to arrival to see about the possibility of upgrading to a Park Executive Suite and was informed that I could confirm the suite for an additional 4,400,000 VND per night (~$200 USD). Decided the upcharge was worth it and was very happy with the decision. The suite was absolutely gorgeous. We appreciated the additional space and views from the suite. A few pictures are below:
Attached Images      
Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had such a suite before the renovation and found it great. Glad they didnīt touch too much.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 10:08 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
I've got a stay here booked for 4 nights on a points and cash rate with a DSU at the end of the month. I got an email from the hotel a few days ago about what I might need (transport, tours, etc.). I emailed back and said that my wife and I would require a crib for our baby and a roll-away for our 5 year old. They emailed back and said that they would provide a crib but that the roll-away would be 1,100,000 VND per night (about $50 USD). Has anyone else experienced this? $50 plus taxes per night for a bed for a 5 year old seems a bit steep. The way the email was phrased was that they did not have an issue with 2 adults and 2 children in the suite, but that "For more enjoyable stay, we suggest you booked a small roll away bed for your 5 years old child with the cost VND 1,100,000 per night."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.