Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2014, 1:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Would there be any issues booking an award reservation for someone else without me, the account holder staying? I don't have status or anything, but in laws need a place and was wondering if any issue if I just add one of them as the 2nd guest here, although they will have 2 of them showing up, excluding my name.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Should be no problem at all.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
Should be no problem at all.
I don't agree with that statement, not in Vietnam at least.

Not being familiar with Hyatt award bookings, I'm assuming that what you want to do is the process (booking the award night in your name vs. their names).

Given the cultural obsession that all the paperwork must be in order (in this case, passports matching names), there's going to be a ton of pushback if someone other than the primary account holder is trying to check in, even if they are listed as a guest.

I would give it (in my guesstimate) a <20% chance of working out. Your best bet might be to communicate directly with the GM about your situation, and if he agrees to it, arrange some way for them to contact him when they check in, so he can sign off on it (because the front desk employees will be afraid to touch the situation with a 10-foot pole).

Good luck.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by LAXative
I don't agree with that statement, not in Vietnam at least.

Not being familiar with Hyatt award bookings, I'm assuming that what you want to do is the process (booking the award night in your name vs. their names).

Given the cultural obsession that all the paperwork must be in order (in this case, passports matching names), there's going to be a ton of pushback if someone other than the primary account holder is trying to check in, even if they are listed as a guest.

I would give it (in my guesstimate) a <20% chance of working out. Your best bet might be to communicate directly with the GM about your situation, and if he agrees to it, arrange some way for them to contact him when they check in, so he can sign off on it (because the front desk employees will be afraid to touch the situation with a 10-foot pole).

Good luck.
I find this situation an issue in Japan, but wasn't sure about Vietnam since I've never been to any chains there. All because of Chase's restrictions now, le sigh. Thanks for the input.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I was assuming you were talking about a generic points award. Not something related to the credit card, those are non-transferrable.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
I was assuming you were talking about a generic points award. Not something related to the credit card, those are non-transferrable.
Yes I was, I'm asking this because we can't transfer points to another person's Hyatt account. Thus, curious if any issue booking the award under my account.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Just called Hyatt to make a Points + Cash booking for April 2015 and I can confirm what everyone else is saying on this thread, they told me the property would be closed for renovations from March 2nd until June 2015.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 4:21 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by frudd38
Yes I was, I'm asking this because we can't transfer points to another person's Hyatt account. Thus, curious if any issue booking the award under my account.
You can just issue the award under the other persons name but you have to call to do this since it's not doable online.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
You can just issue the award under the other persons name but you have to call to do this since it's not doable online.
Thank you! Realized this is indeed official policy that Hyatt let's you book awards for others.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
I stayed at Park Hyatt because it was known to be the best hotel in Saigon. However, I was extremely disappointed with my stay, particularly with the way laundry was handled at the hotel. I had two items that were damaged during laundry service (one reported (discussed below); another I did not even bother to report after seeing how they managed my more expensive damage).

I left multiple garments for laundry at the hotel, one of which was Moncler padding that costs +$1,000, back in early December. I completely trusted that Park Hyatt will take a good care of my garments. First of all, although I requested light dry cleaning on my Moncler padding, the hotel washed the garment with water without first getting my permission. When I got the padding back it was damaged in multiple front--feathers were much less fluffy then before and the inner fabric lost shine. After countless discussion with the hotel managers, I finally got in touch with Linton Borthwick, executive assistant manager at the property. In order to be reimbursed for the damage, he asked me to "certify" that the item was damaged (although I believe that it's the hotel's job to figure that out since it's the damage that they caused). When I was in Korea after Vietnam for another vacation, I had to carve out a few hours of my time to go to multiple Moncler stores and ask them to review my garment. One of the store managers agreed to certify that the item was damaged and send an email to Linton. However, Linton got back and asked for more information, and that resulted in me returning to the store with the item for another inspection (wasted so many hours during my vacation "working" for the hotel). Once all the information was provided in late December, Linton told me that he will notify the insurance company. Since then, I've not been getting any follow up information about the claim, other than Linton saying you should wait. Last week, I asked Linton via email to call the insurance company and get the timeline or provide me with the insurance company's name and policy number. He simply ignored the email, and now I am not sure whether I will even get any damage paid back (it has already been almost two months since this incident happened initially). Actually, I think I am getting tired of bagging the "Park Hyatt" to reimburse me for the damage--it completely destroyed my holiday season and my feelings for the last two months. It's just not worth it... Perhaps that's because I really trusted that Park Hyatt will take care of customers, especially when this sort of incidents happens, which they completely did not do. I know I will frequently travel to Vietnam for business but I will be sure not to stay at Park Hyatt Saigon paying $300+ per night. Really poor "back-end" service. By the way, my Ralph Lauren pants also came back with a bolted broken broken (the button became missing and I only found out about this damage when I came to Korea a week later). I stay mostly at SPG properties +50 nights per year (SPG plat for six year straight), and I have never had these issues, even at Four Points. Don't do laundry at Park Hyatt Saigon...
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Soros
I stayed at Park Hyatt because it was known to be the best hotel in Saigon. However, I was extremely disappointed with my stay, particularly with the way laundry was handled at the hotel. I had two items that were damaged during laundry service (one reported (discussed below); another I did not even bother to report after seeing how they managed my more expensive damage).

I left multiple garments for laundry at the hotel, one of which was Moncler padding that costs +$1,000, back in early December. I completely trusted that Park Hyatt will take a good care of my garments. First of all, although I requested light dry cleaning on my Moncler padding, the hotel washed the garment with water without first getting my permission. When I got the padding back it was damaged in multiple front--feathers were much less fluffy then before and the inner fabric lost shine. After countless discussion with the hotel managers, I finally got in touch with Linton Borthwick, executive assistant manager at the property. In order to be reimbursed for the damage, he asked me to "certify" that the item was damaged (although I believe that it's the hotel's job to figure that out since it's the damage that they caused). When I was in Korea after Vietnam for another vacation, I had to carve out a few hours of my time to go to multiple Moncler stores and ask them to review my garment. One of the store managers agreed to certify that the item was damaged and send an email to Linton. However, Linton got back and asked for more information, and that resulted in me returning to the store with the item for another inspection (wasted so many hours during my vacation "working" for the hotel). Once all the information was provided in late December, Linton told me that he will notify the insurance company. Since then, I've not been getting any follow up information about the claim, other than Linton saying you should wait. Last week, I asked Linton via email to call the insurance company and get the timeline or provide me with the insurance company's name and policy number. He simply ignored the email, and now I am not sure whether I will even get any damage paid back (it has already been almost two months since this incident happened initially). Actually, I think I am getting tired of bagging the "Park Hyatt" to reimburse me for the damage--it completely destroyed my holiday season and my feelings for the last two months. It's just not worth it... Perhaps that's because I really trusted that Park Hyatt will take care of customers, especially when this sort of incidents happens, which they completely did not do. I know I will frequently travel to Vietnam for business but I will be sure not to stay at Park Hyatt Saigon paying $300+ per night. Really poor "back-end" service. By the way, my Ralph Lauren pants also came back with a bolted broken broken (the button became missing and I only found out about this damage when I came to Korea a week later). I stay mostly at SPG properties +50 nights per year (SPG plat for six year straight), and I have never had these issues, even at Four Points. Don't do laundry at Park Hyatt Saigon...
That's a disappointing experience. Perhaps you could try sending a PM to Gold Passport Concierge here on FlyerTalk.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:45 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Originally Posted by Soros

So you gave a $1,000 garment to a hotel laundry? This is your mistake. I would never give any valuable garment to any hotel laundry, particularly in a country where they may not be familiar with the brand or charactaristics of the garment. I have stayed at the Park Hyatt many times and never had major issues. It is the best hotel in Saigon and regardless of your experience, you shouldn't have entrusted a hotel laundry in Vietnam with a $1,000 garment.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG PLAT, ALASKA MVPGOLD
Kids?

Anyone here have a recent experience with having two adults and one child in a room? When I call Hyatt's reservation line, they said I would need two rooms for the three of us. We don't want to get another rooom for a 4 year old. Seems silly. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by DP81
Anyone here have a recent experience with having two adults and one child in a room? When I call Hyatt's reservation line, they said I would need two rooms for the three of us. We don't want to get another rooom for a 4 year old. Seems silly. Any thoughts? Thanks!
That's just silly. Just book for the two adults, then when you check-in, tell them you have a child. There should be no problems there.

If you're still concerned, just call the hotel directly.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:54 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by VNAFlyer
That's just silly. Just book for the two adults, then when you check-in, tell them you have a child. There should be no problems there.

If you're still concerned, just call the hotel directly.
The only sily thing is applying your US logic to other countries. This property does seem to limit its standard rooms to 2 persons, adding a 4 year old only gives you a suite as an option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.