Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by danger
Can you elaborate?
I'd be happy to. I'm waiting on some resolution from the hotel first.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Just booked 21 March. Tried this date a couple months ago and March was blocked off. Perhaps they had different thoughts about the renovation.
Oh, and housekeeping will not be seeing any 5 to 10 USD tips from me. Geeez!
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:16 pm

The renovation has been called off until 2015.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:22 pm

So about my stay. I have it in more detail for anyone interested but in summary:
-Check-in staff just stared at me, no Plat & Diamond check-in desk
-Never once told what benefits I had as a Diamond guest on property or thanked for being a Diamond member
-Used a Diamond suite upgrade more than a month before my stay to confirm an upgrade to a Park Suite, when I arrived was put in a normal room; upon informing the staff I was left in the wrong room for half and hour wondering what the hell was going on
-When moved to the suite we found dirty underwear in a chair

Overall it was the most underwhelming experience I have ever had at a Park Hyatt.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
The renovation has been called off until 2015.
Interestingly the latest monthly email from HGP advertises that it's still going ahead in 2014.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So about my stay. I have it in more detail for anyone interested but in summary:
-Never once told what benefits I had as a Diamond guest on property or thanked for being a Diamond member
-Used a Diamond suite upgrade more than a month before my stay to confirm an upgrade to a Park Suite, when I arrived was put in a normal room; upon informing the staff I was left in the wrong room for half and hour wondering what the hell was going on

Overall it was the most underwhelming experience I have ever had at a Park Hyatt.
Strange.

Did you have a discussion with the General Manager or Manager on Duty about the issues? This hotel is normally one of the very top in Vietnam.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Strange.

Did you have a discussion with the General Manager or Manager on Duty about the issues? This hotel is normally one of the very top in Vietnam.
I did speak with the Assistant Director of Rooms, whatever that title means, and the Guest Services Manager(maybe), it was a short stay with a lot of travel on both sides, so I was most concerned with getting to a meeting I had. Anyway, they comped my airport transport, returned my DSU and are supposed to give me 10,000 points. We'll see...
Old Jan 30, 2014, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did speak with the Assistant Director of Rooms, whatever that title means, and the Guest Services Manager(maybe), it was a short stay with a lot of travel on both sides, so I was most concerned with getting to a meeting I had. Anyway, they comped my airport transport, returned my DSU and are supposed to give me 10,000 points. We'll see...
Sounds like a good resolution anyway.

Give the hotel another chance and if you have time also dine at their signature restaurant- worthwhile.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Sounds like a good resolution anyway.

Give the hotel another chance and if you have time also dine at their signature restaurant- worthwhile.
I fully plan to give it another chance.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 7:06 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD

I don't need to be "thanked" for being a Diamond member or have a dedicated check in desk. I stay at this property frequently and although it can have its challenges at times, I never have had to wait more than a minute or two to be checked in and they have been quite generous with suite upgrades many times in the past. There are sometimes challenges with English, but I think the training of the staff is excellent and the management really does a great job maintaining both the physical end of the property and the ambiance of an oasis amongst the activity in Saigon.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by GB
I don't need to be "thanked" for being a Diamond member or have a dedicated check in desk. I stay at this property frequently and although it can have its challenges at times, I never have had to wait more than a minute or two to be checked in and they have been quite generous with suite upgrades many times in the past. There are sometimes challenges with English, but I think the training of the staff is excellent and the management really does a great job maintaining both the physical end of the property and the ambiance of an oasis amongst the activity in Saigon.
Well for example I received a warmer welcome at the Hilton Niseko on a 1-night, promo stay as a gold member (free with credit card) than I did at this property. That is my point. I don't need to be thanked, but it is nice to be acknowledged for spending my money at Hyatt when there are plenty of other options out there..
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:37 am

Just stayed here on spring break with the kids. My platinum benefit of a bottle of wine and four cupcakes made it to my room before I did. We were upgraded to an executive platinum suite with an adjoining room for the kids. It was fantastic. Clean, spacious, and the rollaway bed for the third child was already in the room and ready to go.

We had drinks with some friends in the lobby and the service was excellent. Nothing but good things to say about this hotel
Old May 7, 2014, 7:14 pm
formerly lcag08

I recently had a great stay at the PH Saigon, however we had a little 'incident' at check-out.

Long story short, while we were checking out our bags were put into a cab (the staff were being proactive), however someone else subsequently got into that cab it drove away, with our bags in the back! We had to wait 20 minutes for the cab to return.

The 3 staff out the front were incredibly apologetic about it and paid for the taxi as we drove off (albeit at 1/3rd of the standard meter cost to the airport - 50,000 dong - $2.50 USD). Do you think this would have come out of a 'petty cash', or would this have been out of their own pocket? Whilst it was an inconvenient mistake (and somewhat anxious for my mother), I would hate to think that they paid for it themselves.
Old May 7, 2014, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by lcag08
Whilst it was an inconvenient mistake (and somewhat anxious for my mother), I would hate to think that they paid for it themselves.
Methinks they paid out of their own pocket, probably tips money. Otherwise, it could jeopardize their employment with the hotel.
Old May 8, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lcag08
I recently had a great stay at the PH Saigon, however we had a little 'incident' at check-out.

Long story short, while we were checking out our bags were put into a cab (the staff were being proactive), however someone else subsequently got into that cab it drove away, with our bags in the back! We had to wait 20 minutes for the cab to return.

The 3 staff out the front were incredibly apologetic about it and paid for the taxi as we drove off (albeit at 1/3rd of the standard meter cost to the airport - 50,000 dong - $2.50 USD). Do you think this would have come out of a 'petty cash', or would this have been out of their own pocket? Whilst it was an inconvenient mistake (and somewhat anxious for my mother), I would hate to think that they paid for it themselves.
That's a pretty big mistake! You'd feel differently if you never saw those bags again. If mgmt found out they probably would have been fired, so they got off easy IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.