Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2010, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
We're staying here for a couple of nights on points this weekend, and we're both Diamonds. Any particular kind of room we should be hoping to get? Are there any that are bigger and given to Diamonds for free/any particular view to ask for?
Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:54 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by tsg20
We're staying here for a couple of nights on points this weekend, and we're both Diamonds. Any particular kind of room we should be hoping to get? Are there any that are bigger and given to Diamonds for free/any particular view to ask for?
My favorite are the handful of rooms that have their own private patios outside their room by the swimming pool.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
We are planning to visit this property some time next year hoping UA has a great price going there.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
My favorite are the handful of rooms that have their own private patios outside their room by the swimming pool.
Having only stayed there in a regular king room a few years back in my pre-diamond days, I'm not familiar with the choices either.

Would you recomend the private patio rooms or using a suite upgrade? I'm planning on a 2 night stay in a few weeks.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by bostonpilot
Would you recomend the private patio rooms or using a suite upgrade? I'm planning on a 2 night stay in a few weeks.
I upgraded to the suite last time and it was well worth it. It is a large suite with a separate living room and a large bathroom and a personal butler. The suite has nice furniture and very tastefully decorated. The patio rooms near the pool look nice however, I feel it lacks privacy from onlookers at the pool.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 1:58 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Does anyone have pictures of the rooms? Just how small are the regular rooms?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 4:29 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
There are a number of pics posted on tripadvisor. They are not small, I think they are decent sized. The suite just gives you more living space (and if on the pool level) a large seating area. If you are only going here once or twice, by all means get into a suite.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Minh_City.html
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Does anyone have pictures of the rooms? Just how small are the regular rooms?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The newish bar here 2 Lam Son is excellent by the way- great service, good crowd, good music and excellent cocktails.

Also Square One is still my favorite restaurant in Saigon by a long shot- the grilled river prawns are fantastic.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:40 pm

Programs: *A
Can only agree about 2 Lam Son-- was just there.

Pretty full but still very attentive service (which is kind of rare for such places I find)

Square One was also great, had the Ceviche -- the passion fruit in the sauce/dressing gave it a very great twist
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:55 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I ended up staying for 3 nights in late December. The hotel is really wonderful.

Some pics:

Foyer

Living space

Bed

Daily fruit

Welcome snack

Welcome gift
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:18 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I stayed at this hotel last summer for two nights. By far the nicest hotel in Saigon and one of the nicest Hyatt's I have stayed at. As a Diamond member, they immediately upgraded me to a huge suite and gave me and my husband free breakfast. We could order anything off the menu and/or get the buffet. Also, we used their conceirge service to book our daily tours. I believe they charge some extra hotel tax, however, was not much to begin with and was so easy to do directly through them. Additionally, you get Hyatt points on the amount spent and we were using our Costco certificates at the time so well worth it.

Agree that the rooms with patios near the pool area could lack some privacy, but a nice setting and convenient to the pool.

I blogged about this hotel and my trip to Southeast Asia: http://dealswelike.com/2011/01/27/ad...outheast-asia/

Last edited by dealswelike; Mar 2, 2011 at 5:56 am
Old May 27, 2011, 1:44 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Had another enjoyable few days here last week.

They were offering 2 for 1 on cocktails in 2 Lam Son between 5 and 7 pm, which I had not been offered on any previous stay. Shame they sent it in an email rather than on any literature you receive on arrival.
Old May 27, 2011, 6:54 am

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
Had another enjoyable few days here last week.

They were offering 2 for 1 on cocktails in 2 Lam Son between 5 and 7 pm, which I had not been offered on any previous stay. Shame they sent it in an email rather than on any literature you receive on arrival.
Did you get the suite MAN Flyer?
Old May 28, 2011, 3:53 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by HaryoS
Did you get the suite MAN Flyer?
I did, but I used a Suite upgrade cert.
Old May 28, 2011, 5:52 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
They were offering 2 for 1 on cocktails in 2 Lam Son between 5 and 7 pm,.
It was full of Diamonds last week, had to hit the charm button a bit to get front tables for breakfast.

This is our favourite Hyatt, and it intrigued us too, how they they got our private mail address so quickly, until we recalled talking to Adam, a new assistant from Barnados and exchanging cards. Tried their poolside rooms, complete with a butler who replemished 3 jars of cookies, chocolates and crackers each day... most impressed, and we enjoyed the room as much as upstairs. Concierge organised a car and driver most days for $50, which I thought was reasonable and it maybe time to change our tailor, got shirts made for $26, better than half the price of Bangkok

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.