Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to Harbour View International Hotel (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM 10:30AM Monday Friday & 7AM 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2015, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Aventine
The Garden view rooms are nothing to write home about but quiet. You'll hear intermitten noise from the hotel's own construction but nothing like the blasting and pounding noise coming from outside in the Harbourview ones. Avoid the 12th floor as some inconsiderate guests have taken to smoking in their rooms and made the entire hallway reek of smoke.
At least they should be charged a cleaning fee, since the rooms are non smoking.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
At least they should be charged a cleaning fee, since the rooms are non smoking.
That's for the hotel to claim. They did deodorize the hallway and purify it this morning.

Having to move stuff from the closets at 3am wasn't the way I wanted to see out 2015.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had to pay for the laundered jeans. The assistant front end manager told me it was 3 pressings only for Diamond members. I will be asking Jake for some clarification on Monday. This could be a YMMV situation.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
I had to pay for the laundered jeans. The assistant front end manager told me it was 3 pressings only for Diamond members. I will be asking Jake for some clarification on Monday. This could be a YMMV situation.
Stayed here less than a year ago. Was never informed about any laundry benefits for Diamonds
(i did not give any items for laundry /pressing either...as I never knew there is possibly a benefit like this).
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ft4lyf
Stayed here less than a year ago. Was never informed about any laundry benefits for Diamonds
(i did not give any items for laundry /pressing either...as I never knew there is possibly a benefit like this).
It's in the Wiki and been discussed a few times upthread. They really should do a better job of explaining Diamond benefits.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Does the GH HK have an umbrella that guests can use? I stayed at JW before and they had an umbrella which was very useful. I ended up taking it home, very good quality. I asked if I could take it and they said they'll charge me 100HKD or so, but never did.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hiima
Does the GH HK have an umbrella that guests can use? I stayed at JW before and they had an umbrella which was very useful. I ended up taking it home, very good quality. I asked if I could take it and they said they'll charge me 100HKD or so, but never did.
I believe they'll have GH Hong Kong branded ones. Just call the Front desk and ask for them to be brought up.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
so i have a grand suite booked for the chinese new year period and im wondering will i ba able to see anything from my room and is there a floor/level that people prefer and why.

Im thinking of requesting the 31st floor as its on the same level as the lounge. And is there any policy for having kids in the club during the canapes?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
so i have a grand suite booked for the chinese new year period and im wondering will i ba able to see anything from my room and is there a floor/level that people prefer and why.

Im thinking of requesting the 31st floor as its on the same level as the lounge. And is there any policy for having kids in the club during the canapes?
Kids are fine in the Grand Club for breakfast and/or evening. I actually prefer Garden view because the Harbour side has the underpass tunnel construction going on. They start and finish at irregular hours.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
We were just at this property and thought it was lovely. Stayed in a Park Suite on the 23rd floor with Harbor View so faced the construction directly. It really is unfortunate for everyone, but I thought generally respectful of non-work day hours, e.g. stopped between 5 and 5:30, didn't start too early.

I'm sure it's been mentioned upthread but Alcatel 4G phones are a really nice amenity. It was great having one as a hotspot and not worrying about the need for a SIM card.

Spa is nice but pricing is hurtful.

New lounge is fantastic, although I found staircase leading up to 31 a bit odd. But once you got there it was a gorgeous view and a lovely breakfast or cocktail hour. Staff was great and offering terrific.

Plus you're in Hong Kong *sigh*

Would stay again in a heartbeat even with the construction.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MDWCommuter
I'm sure it's been mentioned upthread but Alcatel 4G phones are a really nice amenity. It was great having one as a hotspot and not worrying about the need for a SIM card.

Spa is nice but pricing is hurtful.

New lounge is fantastic, although I found staircase leading up to 31 a bit odd. But once you got there it was a gorgeous view and a lovely breakfast or cocktail hour.
+10 for the loaner 4G phone. Missed it when we moved to Upper House.

Their spa is a top 3 spa in Hong Kong. Even the basic treatment rooms are suites.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by MDWCommuter
We were just at this property and thought it was lovely. Stayed in a Park Suite on the 23rd floor with Harbor View so faced the construction directly. It really is unfortunate for everyone, but I thought generally respectful of non-work day hours, e.g. stopped between 5 and 5:30, didn't start too early.
Do all of the Park Suites face the construction? We have one on a DSU for the end of April.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Do all of the Park Suites face the construction? We have one on a DSU for the end of April.
I honestly don't know but think that's the case. The hotel faces Central and the harbor, and the construction is between the hotel and Central, so not sure how you would escape it. Perhaps others that know the property better would have better information.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Anything with a view faces the construction tunnel/underpass. If you're an early riser (7am-ish) and not spending too much time in the hotel room then it would be okay. We just got in late and wanted to sleep in so was not ideal.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Thanks. The view and the club are our 2 main reasons for staying at the GH, so I guess we'll have to put up with some construction noise. Fortunately we usually do get up before 8 am when on vacation, and at least we'll be able to enjoy the night view with no noise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.