Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to Harbour View International Hotel (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM 10:30AM Monday Friday & 7AM 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2015, 2:36 am

I stay at this property quite regularly, and yes, it is a sparkling wine or a proseco outside of the happy hour. During happy hour, it is Ruinart, as others have mentioned above.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, United 1K, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by carmy
I stay at this property quite regularly, and yes, it is a sparkling wine or a proseco outside of the happy hour. During happy hour, it is Ruinart, as others have mentioned above.
I just returned from a week stay at this hotel. The lounge is probably the nicest Hyatt lounge I have been to in any Hyatt property. The Lounge serves Ruinart all day - upon request before 11am and then continuous until midnight. The staff is amazing and the renovations are great.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by jklevine
I just returned from a week stay at this hotel. The lounge is probably the nicest Hyatt lounge I have been to in any Hyatt property. The Lounge serves Ruinart all day - upon request before 11am and then continuous until midnight. The staff is amazing and the renovations are great.
Wow kudos to the upgrade! This has got to be one of the best lounges in the system, together with the Diamond drinks at the Grand Hyatt Cannes.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
They also serve complimentary beer and wine after 11 am too. Not sure if that is new since the renovation or not. Fantastic lounge!
Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Are they also serving still wine and other alcohol until midnight?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Are they also serving still wine and other alcohol until midnight?
Wine and beer. Not spirits.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jklevine
It's a very nice lounge. Quite empty when I was there. The breakfast quality was outstanding, selection was solid.

I had an interesting talk with the front desk manager (super nice guy), who told me that Diamonds can also take breakfast in the Grand Cafe (and suggested we might see this spread to other properties). I found the lounge so peaceful for breakfast that I didn't test this out.

The two downsides to this property for me are the slightly odd location and the just plain weird fitness center space and lighting.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
It's a very nice lounge. Quite empty when I was there. The breakfast quality was outstanding, selection was solid.

I had an interesting talk with the front desk manager (super nice guy), who told me that Diamonds can also take breakfast in the Grand Cafe (and suggested we might see this spread to other properties). I found the lounge so peaceful for breakfast that I didn't test this out.

The two downsides to this property for me are the slightly odd location and the just plain weird fitness center space and lighting.
We took breakfast in the Grand Cafe on our last day, it had quite a nice buffet spread. I agree that the location is a little odd, luckily we don't mind walking. The star ferry in Wan Chai was a bit of an inconvenient walk to the hotel, with some of the construction going on in the area.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 5:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by britishcanuck
The star ferry in Wan Chai was a bit of an inconvenient walk to the hotel, with some of the construction going on in the area.
Yeah the construction has really screwed that up.

It will be a tough choice for me next time between GH, HR TST, and Conrad.

I do kind of wonder about GH's pricing. It was dead empty while I was there, but cheapest rooms were 4000 HKD. I checked a couple days later and price had dropped to approx. 2700.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Diamond Buffet Breakfast while Grand Cafe closed?? (1 October 2015 until May 2016)

I made some changes/updates to a reservation for march and in the confirmation email it states:

Renovation is in progress on limited guest floors. Noise can be expected between 10:00 AM and 5:30 PM Mondays to Fridays and intermittent noise may occur during weekends and public holidays. Grand Cafe is scheduled to undergo renovation starting 1 October 2015 until May 2016, the same month the entire guestroom renovation will be completed. During this period, guests will be informed of the alternative breakfast venue upon check in. Other restaurants and bars, Plateau Spa, the fitness studios and business center will maintain normal operations.

Since Diamonds are offered the option of taking the breakfast buffet in the grand cafe in addition to the lounge, with the Grand Cafe, where will breakfast be offered?

From the Grand Cafe Website:
Grand Cafe is currently closed for renovation until May 2016. During this period, Tiffin will be open all day from Breakfast at 6:30am till midnight and Grand Hyatt Steakhouse from 12 noon till midnight. Other restaurants and bars will maintain normal operations.

My assumption is that Diamonds would be offered Breakfast buffet if they wish to take that option in Tiffin. Can anyone Confirm this and how was the experience?

Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2015, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I thought breakfast was always served at the Grand Club? As is the case with most Grand Hyatt?
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Aventine
I thought breakfast was always served at the Grand Club? As is the case with most Grand Hyatt?
GH HK is known for allowing Diamonds the option of having breakfast in either the lounge or the Grand Cafe. Maybe they will only allow breakfast in the lounge.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I think they would allow an alternate location if they have always been doing that.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 1:47 pm

I couldn't find this via the search but I'm sorry if I missed it, has anyone been offered the chance to upgrade to a Club room for cash? If so, what was the cost?

I'd be on P+C stay.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Created Wiki with diamond benefits

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.