Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2024, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I'd use Exhibition Centre if I was coming/going from/to the East Rail/KCR Kowloon side. And Wan Chai if I'm coming/going from/to the Island East side. I wouldn't go out of my way to go to Exhibition Centre if I have to pass Wan Chai to get there (and vice-versa). If I'm coming/going from/to the Island West side, I'd still probably use Wan Chai instead of switching to/from the East Rail at Admiralty, too much moving around for little benefit.

Having said that, Exhibition Centre station is worth a visit on its own, to check out how it was built while keeping the Exhibition Centre from collapsing on itself, and the unexploded ordnance exhibit.

Last edited by Pickles; Feb 12, 2024 at 5:27 am
Old Feb 12, 2024, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
I like the walk over from Exhibition Center more so than from Wanchai. I think the distances are very similar anyway.
Originally Posted by Pickles
I'd use Exhibition Centre if I was coming/going from/to the East Rail/KCR Kowloon side. And Wan Chai if I'm coming/going from/to the Island East side. I wouldn't go out of my way to go to Exhibition Centre if I have to pass Wan Chai to get there (and vice-versa). If I'm coming/going from/to the Island West side, I'd still probably use Wan Chai instead of switching to/from the East Rail at Admiralty, too much moving around for little benefit.

Having said that, Exhibition Centre station is worth a visit on its own, to check out how it was built while keeping the Exhibition Centre from collapsing on itself, and the unexploded ordnance exhibit.
Totally recommend Exhibition Centre myself. The station does have an exhibit about how the station was designed and an unexploded ordinance that was discovered during construction.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 6:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum, UA Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
Yes, it was mentioned before and I was just confirming it. I think the amount of Ruinart I'm having right now is affecting my ability to convey my thoughts clearly.

Till 22:00? Damn! I was under the impression it was 19:30. Derek didn't mention this when I checked in at the lounge.
​​​​​​
wild do they still have Ruinart? I may have misread that it ended, double checking might have to make a trip to HK )))
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 8:15 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by askyamaz
wild do they still have Ruinart? I may have misread that it ended, double checking might have to make a trip to HK )))
just finished a great stay there a couple of days ago and YES, they still have Ruinart all day long.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by askyamaz
Yes!
Old Mar 1, 2024, 5:09 pm

Yes!
Good to know! I just love that bubbly! Not that I'm proud of this, but over an evening I probably drink at least 3 or 4 glasses. Oh, and with that view! I don't care what anyone says, there is no skyline like that of HK at night!
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Visconti
Good to know! I just love that bubbly! Not that I'm proud of this, but over an evening I probably drink at least 3 or 4 glasses. Oh, and with that view! I don't care what anyone says, there is no skyline like that of HK at night!
I think I may have tagged you in my earlier posts in this thread. I finally went to the GH HK for the first time as a Globalist in January 2024.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 5:33 pm

I think I may have tagged you in my earlier posts in this thread. I finally went to the GH HK for the first time as a Globalist in January 2024.
It's spectacular, right?! For my money, the best lounge in the entire Hyatt portfolio.

*for some reason, can't like posts in this thread*
Old Mar 1, 2024, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's spectacular, right?! For my money, the best lounge in the entire Hyatt portfolio.

Unbelievable! The evening food spread is good. Awesome view! Drank too much Ruinart!
Old Mar 1, 2024, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

For many years, this property was the Hyatt Asian flagship property!
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does the GH change the evening food spread every day? I'll be back in HK tomorrow afternoon. Looking to do another one-night stay.

I have since my last stay dropped to Explorist. If I use a CLA, it'll be applied immediately and I'll be granted access at check-in?

Since I no longer get free breakfast, how much will I have to pay at the Grand Cafe?
Old Apr 16, 2024, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm here at the lounge now. I guess I can answer my own questions now. A gentleman named Scott just told me there are four menus.

Apparently, my CLA allows me to have breakfast at the lounge! Guess I won't have to pay to eat at the Grand Cafe!

It's a beautiful day in Hong Kong. I'm sitting by the window and the view is absolutely fantastic!
zip10001 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 1:12 am

I'm here at the lounge now. I guess I can answer my own questions now. A gentleman named Scott just told me there are four menus.

Apparently, my CLA allows me to have breakfast at the lounge! Guess I won't have to pay to eat at the Grand Cafe!

It's a beautiful day in Hong Kong. I'm sitting by the window and the view is absolutely fantastic!
Scott is amazing and so does the whole team at Grand Hyatt
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 1:15 am

Unbelievable! The evening food spread is good. Awesome view! Drank too much Ruinart!
Please try cocktails at Grand Club too like Espresso Martini, Magarita, Cosmopolitan and Long Island Iced Tea
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.