Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to Harbour View International Hotel (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM 10:30AM Monday Friday & 7AM 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Is that 3 pieces of laundry/day new? I thought it was only suit pressing and only once per stay.

3 pieces of laundry every day would allow me to travel pretty light.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 6:37 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Is that 3 pieces of laundry/day new? I thought it was only suit pressing and only once per stay.
I got this at the beginning of November on two stays. For the first stay the laundry didn't appear on my invoice. For the second it did and the (new) benefit confused the Grand Club staff but they quickly took it off anyway.

It's a welcome benefit for what is an excellent hotel.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
I got this at the beginning of November on two stays. For the first stay the laundry didn't appear on my invoice. For the second it did and the (new) benefit confused the Grand Club staff but they quickly took it off anyway.

It's a welcome benefit for what is an excellent hotel.
Absolutely agree!

We're only leisure travellers and I never have a suit or anything else I want pressed, so the free one-time pressing as some GH was useless for me, but 3 pieces of laundry every day of the stay is a great benefit. Every now and then on extended trips we end up having to buy a pair of socks or some underwear, since that was cheaper than sending things to the hotel laundry.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:36 pm

Do the laundry pieces have to be sent out each day or is it cumulative (i.e., 3 day stay, send out 9 pieces)?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:17 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

3 pieces of laundry every day would allow me to travel pretty light.
Yes it is 3 pieces PER day.

Diamond breakfast in Tiffin lounge. One of the more impressive spreads around. In addition to Western, there was dimsum, noodle, Korean, Indian. Pastries were very good. Breakfast in Grand Club Lounge was a good subset of the Western and dimsum options.

The boiled eggs on the other hand could undergo better quality control. The white was running so trying to de-shell it becomes a messy/sticky affair.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I had a great time in September. Knowing these tidbits would have made it better. Oh well, guess I have to find my way back.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thumbs up

Absolutely agree!

We're only leisure travellers and I never have a suit or anything else I want pressed, so the free one-time pressing as some GH was useless for me, but 3 pieces of laundry every day of the stay is a great benefit. Every now and then on extended trips we end up having to buy a pair of socks or some underwear, since that was cheaper than sending things to the hotel laundry.
+1 and thank you, seawolf, for the news.

Also good to see that they haven't lowered the breakfast standard.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:16 am

How is the construction noise in this hotel? I definitely don't want to wake up to jackhammers every morning.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 6:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Didn't hear any noise from renovation but did her noise from the construction work being done across the street.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: IHG Amb, Honors Gold, SPG Gold
I was there last week and had a Grand Suite on the 31st floor. One day I was in my room all day working on my laptop. I had to use my Bose noise-cancelling headphones because the construction noise in the hotel was so loud. It was perfectly fine with my headphones on. I don't know exactly where the construction was on that day, but it sounded like it was next door (which I don't think it was) or up one floor (more likely). The construction noise across the street was nowhere near as loud (but still noticeable when the hotel work paused).

Also, the hotel work did not begin before 10am, and it ended before 5pm.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by jackthedog
I couldn't find this via the search but I'm sorry if I missed it, has anyone been offered the chance to upgrade to a Club room for cash? If so, what was the cost?

I'd be on P+C stay.
I was told that Club upgrade is around 140 and 190 USD for either one or two people (something like 1100HKD/1400HKD).

The newly unveiled Grand Club is one of the best aspects of the hotel. Aside from the modern and luxurious design, food options have been slightly improved with more warm choices, and there is a better selection of beers. It's a great spot to relax admiring the harbor views.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 10:34 am

Strongly leaning towards booking this hotel... I arrive in Hong Kong at about 0830 AM Thursday the 10th. Would I be able to check in that early?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 8:09 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Strongly leaning towards booking this hotel... I arrive in Hong Kong at about 0830 AM Thursday the 10th. Would I be able to check in that early?
Assuming you mean flight arrives at 830, probably not at the hotel until after 10. I'd say quite likely unless the room was occupied the night before (and hotel was relatively full otherwise) - YMMV though.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Sorry I read that as arriving at the hotel at 8:30pm. I think it would be okay. Be in touch with Mr. McHugh and he'll take care of you.

Last edited by Aventine; Dec 4, 2015 at 8:19 pm
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by peteropny
Assuming you mean flight arrives at 830, probably not at the hotel until after 10. I'd say quite likely unless the room was occupied the night before (and hotel was relatively full otherwise) - YMMV though.
Agree with peteropny -- unless they're quite booked the night before, by the time you make it there 10-ish, they'll likely be able to accommodate you. Worst case, they'll store your luggage until the room is available.

I would also email the hotel the day you leave and give them heads-up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.