Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to Harbour View International Hotel (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM 10:30AM Monday Friday & 7AM 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2016, 1:32 pm

I'm planning a 2 nights in Hong Kong. Does the hotel offer discount transportation to and from the HKG airport?
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:04 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
Originally Posted by sungchiahao
I'm planning a 2 nights in Hong Kong. Does the hotel offer discount transportation to and from the HKG airport?
I am not sure it would be described as 'discounted'. This from their web site.

Time - 40 minutes
Operating hours - closes 30 minutes after last flight
Frequency - upon request
Charges - HK$980 (approximately US$126)
Where to meet the limousine - After customs, approach the Hyatt limousine Desk located in front of exit B in the arrivals hall
Old Apr 6, 2016, 5:28 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 700k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Markie
I am not sure it would be described as 'discounted'. This from their web site.

Time - 40 minutes
Operating hours - closes 30 minutes after last flight
Frequency - upon request
Charges - HK$980 (approximately US$126)
Where to meet the limousine - After customs, approach the Hyatt limousine Desk located in front of exit B in the arrivals hall
With respect, I don't remember it costing nearly this. And I remember going to Hyatt's waiting area in Arrivals to wait for scheduled service. Not sure we are talking about the same thing though.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
They have recently updated the schedule for completion of renovations. The Grand Cafe is scheduled to reopen on May 3, but completion of the room renovations, which was previously scheduled for May, has now been extended to July.

On another note, I would appreciate it if someone could pm me a email contact at the hotel. I don't need any type of senior management, anyone in customer service, the front office, or the club lounge would do. I just have a couple of very simple questions and request regarding our stay 2 weeks from now.

I used the email address listed on the website several months ago and received a very prompt response, but it was from China central reservations, which was fine at the time because the question was regarding the room categories, but this time I'd like to communicate with someone actually at the hotel. Thanks.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
They have recently updated the schedule for completion of renovations. The Grand Cafe is scheduled to reopen on May 3, but completion of the room renovations, which was previously scheduled for May, has now been extended to July.
July is the date for all of the renovations to be completed? So some (most?) of the rooms will be completed before that time? I'm looking at possibly staying in mid-July, and would obviously prefer a renovated room. I'm platinum, not diamond.

Also, slightly off-topic, but does anyone have any thoughts on this hotel vs. the Park or Grand in Tokyo? I'm going to both cities, and trying to decide where to use my 2 free nights.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bobert24
July is the date for all of the renovations to be completed? So some (most?) of the rooms will be completed before that time? I'm looking at possibly staying in mid-July, and would obviously prefer a renovated room. I'm platinum, not diamond.

Also, slightly off-topic, but does anyone have any thoughts on this hotel vs. the Park or Grand in Tokyo? I'm going to both cities, and trying to decide where to use my 2 free nights.

Imagine PH Tokyo is best value for free nights since = 30K points per night vs 25K points for other properties, though GH Tokyo is a better location.

GHHK usually has less expensive rates and C&P is more likely to be available than the 2 Tokyo Hyatts so would not use the free nights at GHHK.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:28 pm

Consider the Andaz Tokyo . . . great hotel.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by bobert24

Most of the rooms are already renovated now. And the ones that are not finished are currently being worked on, so you will definitely not get a non-renovated room. The only problem is possible noise from the renovations.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 5:46 pm

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Ok been reading and reading.

Data:
Family of four (kids age 6,8) flying in from Texas
I have two free nights from chase (diamond status)
Wife have two free nights from chase (platinum status)
Four DSU on my account

Staying 6 nights in HK...

Wonder if i can book one C+P & DSU, one free night and one wife free night. And do the same for HRTST, would i guess to use my diamond benfits for all nights? And keep my suite?

Or if not. What kind of upgrade have ppl gotten as a diamond without the DSU?via free nights/points
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:22 pm

I got a club room as a Diamond w/o DSU.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 7:06 pm

Just finished a one night stay here; not sure if one night is enough to get a real feel for the property. Overall I wasn't blown away by anything at the hotel.

Upon arrival I was told that they had made a mistake and given away my room with two beds (I had contacted Hyatt two days prior to confirm two beds). I was told they could either bring in a roll away (immediately) or split the king bed into two twins (and would take 30 minutes). Having just arrived from the US we took the rollaway that was comfortable enough.

Check in was done in the main lobby, not the club. The lobby is nice but again, nothing spectacular.

The room was smaller than I expected -- I was in 2622 as a Diamond (not on the Club floor). It had a great view but with the rollaway bed the room was extremely tight. Has recently been redone. Great bathroom with nice products.

I asked for a NY Times for the morning but was given the HK local paper.

The lounge is nice with good views. Didn't make it in time for evening snacks but they did have some little deserts that were tasty.

Breakfast we decided to eat in the club so we could enjoy the view. Decent food options. Found out there were some additional hot food to order (a noodle dish and omelets). No signage and it wasn't offered to us, the only reason I figured it out was because I saw someone else eating it. Had we stayed longer I would have wanted to try the Tiffan Lounge for free Diamond Breakfast.

I prefer everything except for the pool and perhaps the club lounge over at the Regency TST. Again, I was only there for 1 night (I stayed at TST for 3 nights), so maybe didn't get the full feeling of the property.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 9:55 pm

So as Diamond, we can have breakfast in Club, Tiffan, or restaurant???
Old Apr 25, 2016, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by tdrag97
So as Diamond, we can have breakfast in Club, Tiffan, or restaurant???
I was offered Club or Tiffin. They said something about Tiffin because of renovations that are going on in the restaurant (ie it is closed)? Not sure.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I prefer everything except for the pool and perhaps the club lounge over at the Regency TST. Again, I was only there for 1 night (I stayed at TST for 3 nights), so maybe didn't get the full feeling of the property.
Do you have a review for the TST Hyatt?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:43 am

We're 2 nights into a 6-night stay, after which we'll be heading to HR TST for 4 nights. I'm beginning to think it would have been better to do the shorter stay here and the longer stay at TST. Just about everything has been underwhelming, starting from before our stay. Tried emailing a contact at the hotel obtained here n FT regarding a request for a high floor to escape external noise (not worried about internal renovation noise 9-5 M-F) but got no response, so resent to the generic email and got a response from China Central Reservations, but the request apparently never made it to the hotel. So we got a suite on the 17th floor (out of 30 floors), about eye-level with the tallest cranes in the massive pit of construction that surrounds much of the hotel.

Service has been so-so (by which I mean not great but not all bad), but food and wine in the lounge is of very mixed quality. Yes, there are a lot of hot items in the evening, but most are of a quality level similar to frozen food from the supermarket. They pour an expensive champagne, but still wines are typical low-priced lounge fare.

As far as location, we do not mind the distance to Wan Chan MTR, but the endless construction along the waterfront is difficult to navigate and an incredible eyesore. Felt like maybe we should be wearing hardhats for the walk to the Star Ferry terminal.

Will update more later, especially in comparison vs. HR TST

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.