Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to Harbour View International Hotel (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM 10:30AM Monday Friday & 7AM 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold.
Just completed a two night stay here and it's safe to say that it was in my top 5 hyatt experiences ever. From start to finish it was just a completely wonderful experience. Found a killer BRG rate for 1830HKD per night and stayed two nights this past Friday and Saturday. Used a DSU and reached out to the hotel to see if they could accommodate a DSU suite with two twin beds. Wingo reached back out (club manager) and stated he could take care of my brother and I. Went to the GC lounge on 30 to checkin upon arrival and received a Grand Suite on the 32nd floor. I could certainly see how some of the lower floor suites would not be as ideal due to the ongoing construction so I was glad to receive a high floor suite.

We took breakfast in the lounge one morning and in the Grand Cafe the last morning. We also seriously enjoyed the evening cocktail hour each night and drank our fair share of free flowing ruinart blanc de blanc champagne. The staff was super proactive in making sure our glasses never stayed empty. Breakfast in the club lounge was nice but nothing to really get excited over. However, breakfast in the Grand Cafe was out of this world. Amazing selection of Chinese and western options with enough sweets to really go crazy. I would highly recommend anyone taking breakfast to do it in the Grand Cafe. The only thing the lounge has over the cafe is the view, but the food selection more than makes up for it.

Overall this property is truly fabulous and I'd go as far to say it's a Grand Hyatt property with the level of service that rivals some Park Hyatts.

I've updated the wiki to include the breakfast benefit at the Grand Cafe versus the previous tififn location.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by tyvoodoo
Just completed a two night stay here and it's safe to say that it was in my top 5 hyatt experiences ever. From start to finish it was just a completely wonderful experience. Found a killer BRG rate for 1830HKD per night and stayed two nights this past Friday and Saturday. Used a DSU and reached out to the hotel to see if they could accommodate a DSU suite with two twin beds. Wingo reached back out (club manager) and stated he could take care of my brother and I. Went to the GC lounge on 30 to checkin upon arrival and received a Grand Suite on the 32nd floor. I could certainly see how some of the lower floor suites would not be as ideal due to the ongoing construction so I was glad to receive a high floor suite.

We took breakfast in the lounge one morning and in the Grand Cafe the last morning. We also seriously enjoyed the evening cocktail hour each night and drank our fair share of free flowing ruinart blanc de blanc champagne. The staff was super proactive in making sure our glasses never stayed empty. Breakfast in the club lounge was nice but nothing to really get excited over. However, breakfast in the Grand Cafe was out of this world. Amazing selection of Chinese and western options with enough sweets to really go crazy. I would highly recommend anyone taking breakfast to do it in the Grand Cafe. The only thing the lounge has over the cafe is the view, but the food selection more than makes up for it.

Overall this property is truly fabulous and I'd go as far to say it's a Grand Hyatt property with the level of service that rivals some Park Hyatts.

I've updated the wiki to include the breakfast benefit at the Grand Cafe versus the previous tififn location.
This is indeed a very very good Hyatt property, mind sharing where you found that BRG rate?
Old Sep 4, 2016, 4:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold.
Originally Posted by Central90210
This is indeed a very very good Hyatt property, mind sharing where you found that BRG rate?
Booking.com through kayak

1830hkd was the final rate after the 20% discount however, this was done prior to the change in rules for the brg program, not sure it would fly today.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA Gold Elite
Although we did not get that killer rate a prior poster mentioned, my sisters and I just spent 8 nights there-3 were on vacation,5 were on company business. This hotel exceeded our expectations by a very long mile.
The Hyatt Grand club lounge is absolutely stunning with excellent food and service. Be sure to get to know Scott, the manager-he is so wonderful and took such good care of us-he made us feel like family and it was our home away from home. I have never had such wonderful service from a business hotel ever. The only place that exceeded it was my stay at Londolozi Game Reserve in South Africa. But I digress.
It was worth every penny we spent to stay there.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by tyvoodoo
Booking.com through kayak

1830hkd was the final rate after the 20% discount however, this was done prior to the change in rules for the brg program, not sure it would fly today.
I think I found a similar rate (after 20%) on Hotel Nightly via Hotels Combined, the Hyatt Help Desk seems a bit reluctant to approve my claim by asking me to specify the 3rd party website (which I did) and send them a screenshot (which I also did).
Old Sep 5, 2016, 11:38 pm

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Regular room at GH or DSU upgraded room at Regency? Help? (Diamond)

Ok guys, I need some help, please!

I'm staying in Hong Kong for 3 nights in December. First time there; it's ending a 3-week South Pacific vacation before flying home to SF. I'm a Diamond member.

I have both the GH (regular room) and HR (DSU upgraded room) reserved because I can't decide between the two. Which do I choose?

The GH claims no DSU's are available for my dates, so I have a Grand Deluxe King reserved for a points and cash rate.

The Hyatt Regency Tsim Sha Tsui allowed me to use a DSU, putting me in a Regency Suite King on a points and cash rate.

Am I still better off at the GH?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

T
Old Sep 5, 2016, 11:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by baser1000
Am I still better off at the GH?
Where do you want to be? The locations are very different.

GH is a different class of hotel entirely, but the location is rather isolated. Pool, lounge, and breakfast are all way better than HR.

Regular rooms at GH are good sized. Regency Suite at HR is good for one person, but not especially large or luxurious.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Where do you want to be? The locations are very different.

GH is a different class of hotel entirely, but the location is rather isolated. Pool, lounge, and breakfast are all way better than HR.

Regular rooms at GH are good sized. Regency Suite at HR is good for one person, but not especially large or luxurious.

Thanks for your reply!

I think what matters most to me, to be honest, is a nicer (more updated, more impressive) room and overall facilities, better service, and better view from the room. Otherwise, I'm just relaxing and touring around HK with no significant plan.

I am traveling with one friend who has been to HK, but he sees benefits to both locations and has never stayed at any Hyatt. I'd really like to show him (and personally experience) the value of my Diamond benefits...especially in an overseas Hyatt since I only travel domestically.

Does that help, at all?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:07 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
I'd really like to show him (and personally experience) the value of my Diamond benefits...especially in an overseas Hyatt since I only travel domestically.
Do not bother showing 'the value of your Diamond benefits' at the HR TST. The suite is definitely one of the more underwhelming ones across Hyatt's properties in Asia.

Stick with the GH and enquire about using a DIAX at check-in since they may have had cancellations. This is one of the flagship Grand Hyatt properties globally.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Thanks for your reply!

I think what matters most to me, to be honest, is a nicer (more updated, more impressive) room and overall facilities, better service, and better view from the room. Otherwise, I'm just relaxing and touring around HK with no significant plan.

I am traveling with one friend who has been to HK, but he sees benefits to both locations and has never stayed at any Hyatt. I'd really like to show him (and personally experience) the value of my Diamond benefits...especially in an overseas Hyatt since I only travel domestically.

Does that help, at all?
Yes, based on that description, you want the Grand Hyatt. It's one of the nicest Grands in the world.

HR is a very good HR, with a central Kowloon location, and a great deal in HKG at 1800 HKD or less. But it's not in the same class as GH in terms of either facilities or service.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by staff
Do not bother showing 'the value of your Diamond benefits' at the HR TST. The suite is definitely one of the more underwhelming ones across Hyatt's properties in Asia.

Stick with the GH and enquire about using a DIAX at check-in since they may have had cancellations. This is one of the flagship Grand Hyatt properties globally.

This is exactly the type of definitive response I was looking for...I greatly appreciate it. I'm curious to see if others feel the same between the two, for my purpose, anyway.

I already sent the GH HK an email expressing my interest in redeeming a DSU (or using a DSU plus cash) if it becomes available...hopefully that will help.

T
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, based on that description, you want the Grand Hyatt. It's one of the nicest Grands in the world.

HR is a very good HR, with a central Kowloon location, and a great deal in HKG at 1800 HKD or less. But it's not in the same class as GH in terms of either facilities or service.
Thank you! I already feel that you guys are going to make me very comfortable with my final decision (once I make it,) so I appreciate it.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:26 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
If budget isn't a deciding factor, pick the GH every time. The HR TST can be had for around 1,100 HKD (+ service charge) per night with the 'always on' Visa Premier promo (min 3 nights) which is significantly cheaper than the lowest advance purchase rates at the GH.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by staff
If budget isn't a deciding factor, pick the GH every time. The HR TST can be had for around 1,100 HKD (+ service charge) per night with the 'always on' Visa Premier promo (min 3 nights) which is significantly cheaper than the lowest advance purchase rates at the GH.
Budget isn't a factor at all..especially since I'm using a P&C rate. Although the GH is more, it's not a tremendous difference in cost.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:34 am

This is exactly the type of definitive response I was looking for...I greatly appreciate it. I'm curious to see if others feel the same between the two, for my purpose, anyway.

I already sent the GH HK an email expressing my interest in redeeming a DSU (or using a DSU plus cash) if it becomes available...hopefully that will help.

T
Ask to use your DSU for the Executive Room, and keep checking to see if a Grand Suite opens up. They are happy to do this.

The Executive Room is a nicely sized junior suite which was more than sufficient for me. And has better views than the Grand Suite (it's more forward towards the harbour and has less of the construction view). I believe you won't get this room as a free upgrade (without DSU) unless you are a frequent guest.

The Grand Club was very impressive, as was the breakfast on the ground floor. I really enjoyed my stay at GH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.