Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
Answering my own question about NYE fireworks:

My Exec Suite (one upgrade level above Grand Suite) had a perfect view of the harbor fireworks, which took place in front of of the convention center in front of the hotel. Here are some pix (which don't do the live event justice) taken from the living room. I can't think of a more convenient way to enjoy the epic fireworks.
Nice shots! Was the Grand Club open at midnight for the fireworks too?

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Does anyone know how much it would cost to invite NON staying guests to the Club Lounge for evening cocktails?
$375 plus 10% IIRC.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Central90210
Nice shots! Was the Grand Club open at midnight for the fireworks too?
Thanks. Yes, it was open past midnight for firework viewing. Extremely busy I imagine. Went up around 6pm for the usual cocktail hour, there were about 30 groups on the wait list for table. Took some food to the room and didn't go back.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 4:12 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge
How much do GH charge for this service?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 4:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Old information...... these are the current options: https://hongkonggrand.hyatte-concier...econ_sub_trans
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:43 am

I am staying at GH Hong Kong with family in the coming weeks.

How much does a taxi to the airport typically cost now?

Some people in my party wish to visit the Big Buddha at Lantau. I am thinking, instead of us all going to the Bug Buddha which is near the airport and all the way back to GH as a day trip, is it possible for us to go from GH to Tung Chung cable car station to Ngong Ping Village to Big Buddha, then directly to airport?

Is this even feasible with luggage (albeit cabin roller bags) in tow? Do the cable cars allow cabin luggage to be rolled on? Or are there storage facilities at Tung Chung before we board the cable car?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:47 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I am staying at GH Hong Kong with family in the coming weeks.

How much does a taxi to the airport typically cost now?

Some people in my party wish to visit the Big Buddha at Lantau. I am thinking, instead of us all going to the Bug Buddha which is near the airport and all the way back to GH as a day trip, is it possible for us to go from GH to Tung Chung cable car station to Ngong Ping Village to Big Buddha, then directly to airport?

Is this even feasible with luggage (albeit cabin roller bags) in tow? Do the cable cars allow cabin luggage to be rolled on? Or are there storage facilities at Tung Chung before we board the cable car?
Your best bet is to use the central airport check in, then go to Lan Tau that day then onto the airport. Ensure you pre-purchase your tickets. Lines can be insane on weekends.

You definitely can't take the luggage on the cable cars.

Highly suggest a glass bottomed cable car.

Otherwise do it as a daytrip on a different day to save the stress.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Your best bet is to use the central airport check in, then go to Lan Tau that day then onto the airport. Ensure you pre-purchase your tickets. Lines can be insane on weekends.

You definitely can't take the luggage on the cable cars.

Highly suggest a glass bottomed cable car.

Otherwise do it as a daytrip on a different day to save the stress.
Thanks for advise. But can you actually use the in town check in if you do not use the Airport Express? Because I understand the Airport Express does not go to Ngong Ping so we have to take the separate MTR red line to Tung Chung? And IIRC to enter the in town check in counter one has to touch the Octopus card gantry or buy a ticket?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Take the airport Express train to the airport after dropping off your bags and take a local bus the rest of the way to Tung Chung.

worth looking at one of the tour packages offered to skip the line for the cable car.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by ericcheung
Take the airport Express train to the airport after dropping off your bags and take a local bus the rest of the way to Tung Chung.

worth looking at one of the tour packages offered to skip the line for the cable car.
That's another whopping 40 mins from HKIA to Ngong Ping - unfortunately the cable car from Tung Chung is shut down for rope replacement from 9 January until June. The tour packages includes boat ride to Tai O which we have no interest in.

Looks like will have to do this another time once the cable car is back in action.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:25 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

On my last stay, the concierge assured me that it I mentioned it when I checked out, there would be no problem having a taxi ready to the train station. So I did that and when I got downstairs, there was no taxi to be seen and a large queue waiting.

I grumbled a bit and they had me stand near the entrance. They somehow got a taxi, ignored the queue, and gave it to me. So I guess they honored their promise!
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
There is/was a "priority" taxi queue for hotel guests.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 1:51 am

I used Uber alot in HK. Very cheap, reliable, and no need to queue. The only thing that was a bit annoying was the drivers would often get confused and go to the Convention Centre entrance for the Grand Hyatt rather than the front door, despite the pin being on the front entrance driveway.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Had a nice, brief stay here -- used a DSU and received a Grand Suite on the 15th floor. We were impressed with the club; it's a lovely space and the offerings are generous at all hours. Nice to see a few snack options during the "in between" hours, which lined up with our arrival.

We opted for breakfast in the restaurant, which was also delicious; I've been tasked with recreating one of their juice blends now that we've returned home.

Staff was gracious and helpful across the board. Looking forward to returning again someday.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:14 pm

Can anyone who stayed here please advise what toiletry brand the hotel provides for normal rooms and suites?

I hate the June Jacobs stuff but am travelling hand luggage only... hence would like to know if I should pack my own.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Can anyone who stayed here please advise what toiletry brand the hotel provides for normal rooms and suites?

I hate the June Jacobs stuff but am travelling hand luggage only... hence would like to know if I should pack my own.
That's what I got in the suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.