Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
There have been other reports of corporate cracking down on properties that exceed the published benefits.
Which properties?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cmglobal
Yet no crackdown on properties that don't provide published benefits?
Right. +1
Isochronous likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cmglobal
Yet no crackdown on properties that don't provide published benefits?
Correct.

Originally Posted by dpb132
Which properties?
Don't remember specifically. What I recall had to do with the room service breakfast benefit and the welcome amenity, and properties saying that corporate told them they couldn't do that anymore.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
Here on a 4 night stay. Globalist ungraded to suite with Harbor view.

Room is very nice and clean. Met with Fruit basket, and snacks as well as a bottle of red wine.

Spa facalities are outstanding and wife was very happy.

Lounge is very nice and I found it suitable for breakfast. No mention of restaurant but I didn't care either way. Lounge has 3 large buffet style tables of all types of foods. It really is a massive breakfast selection, not sure why anyone would be unhappy.

Overall one of the nicest stays I can recall at a Grand Hyatt.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:19 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Totally agree with B767capt. I've always thought the lounge breakfast was more than adequate. There are always three hot dishes you can ask for which are cooked to order, or you can request eggs cooked any style you want. Evening service is fine too.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:32 pm

B767capt, is your upgraded suite one that seems to have been renovated recently? Previously, the upgrade suites were not among the refurbished rooms, but perhaps that has been completed by now.

BTW, if you are a 767 Captain, I envy you. 75 and 76 are beautiful aircraft.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I also thought that the breakfast in the lounge was good. Although the restaurant had more selection, I found the the lounge was quieter and the views were amazing so I preferred the lounge.
Attached Images    
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
B767capt, is your upgraded suite one that seems to have been renovated recently? Previously, the upgrade suites were not among the refurbished rooms, but perhaps that has been completed by now.

BTW, if you are a 767 Captain, I envy you. 75 and 76 are beautiful aircraft.
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Totally agree with B767capt. I've always thought the lounge breakfast was more than adequate. There are always three hot dishes you can ask for which are cooked to order, or you can request eggs cooked any style you want. Evening service is fine too.

Yes, newly renovated suite.

Yep, popped into restaurant late last night and it doesn't compare.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I prefer breakfast in the Grand Cafe, and nothing y'all say is going to change my mind
Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Breakfast in lounge is good (and great compared with US lounges) but breakfast downstairs is even better.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:26 am

I stayed here several times in 2016 and always enjoyed the breakfast in the Grand Café (or Tiffin Lounge whilst that was being renovated).

It's extremely disappointing to hear that they are now not allowing Globalists to have breakfast in the Grand Café.

It all adds to my perception that WoH is vile - no kudos.
Isochronous likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:18 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
I stayed here several times in 2016 and always enjoyed the breakfast in the Grand Café (or Tiffin Lounge whilst that was being renovated).

It's extremely disappointing to hear that they are now not allowing Globalists to have breakfast in the Grand Café.

It all adds to my perception that WoH is vile - no kudos.
Well said. I enjoyed the Grand Cafe breakfast in late February as a Diamond and the removal of that benefit is a tragedy.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:07 pm

I was told by management that they were explicitly told by WoH to not offer breakfast at Grand Cafe to align with WoH policies and provide a consistent experience to all members traveling around the world.

Anyone knows of a GH property with a Grand Club that is still offering full breakfast at a restaurant?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Central90210
I was told by management that they were explicitly told by WoH to not offer breakfast at Grand Cafe to align with WoH policies and provide a consistent experience to all members traveling around the world.

Anyone knows of a GH property with a Grand Club that is still offering full breakfast at a restaurant?
Does GH Bangkok? They used to.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Does GH Bangkok? They used to.
I had breakfast at the main restaurant at the Grand Hyatt Macau the other week - it was excellent.

My friend stayed at the Grand Hyatt Bangkok a few weeks ago and was explicitly told by the Front Desk Manager that breakfast at the main restaurant is a Globalist benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.