Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 4:03 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's ironic about the higher probability of room assignment problems at this hotel is that the officers of Hyatt International in charge of all of Asia have their offices here. So it's not as if you have a long way to go to escalate, in person, any problems you might have.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Which might also explain why the best of the best may be held back, and appear to be only available on a special call basis, as several of us have experienced. (Held back for friends, to be explicit.)

I can't remember if I mentioned that I first experienced the nicely appointed but suddenly intensely cigarette-smoked non-smoking suite, as had other commenters here, and then was moved in a heartbeat - rooms manager and bellman there in five minutes at midnight - to a corner suite with two walls of windows. Manager Godfried inadvertently lightened the experience considerably when he said, "The person next door is naughty... Very, very naughty..."
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Firewind
Manager Godfried inadvertently lightened the experience considerably when he said, "The person next door is naughty... Very, very naughty..."
Not as naughty as the guy who was staying on the 36th floor Presidential Suite for an extended stay, Kim Dotcom.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:24 pm

Programs: CO Gold, DL Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I'm staying at this property now and am very impressed. Paid for a four night stay using points (only opting for the basic room and not club room) and got upgraded all four nights to a harbour view room on the 26th floor. I have to say that the daily breakfast downstairs at the Grand Cafe is unbelievable. For those who are interested, I shot a very short time lapse video from our room last night:

http://vimeo.com/39047609

As you can see, the view is spectacular--even when the weather is cloudy like it's been for us so far. ^^
Old Mar 23, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Paige & Brandon, thanks for the Grand memory. I was on the other corner, but this will do quite nicely.* And I could not agree more re the breakfast buffet. With a RC lounge buffet that's better than almost any other, it could be a tough choice. But it's not. ^

* One thing that was different, though: I don't remember the Star Ferries out of Wanchai, that I looked down on, being as speedy as those you are seeing out of Central.

Last edited by Firewind; Mar 23, 2012 at 7:44 pm
Old Mar 23, 2012, 8:03 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

* One thing that was different, though: I don't remember the Star Ferries out of Wanchai, that I looked down on, being as speedy as those you are seeing out of Central.
Those boats are speedy!!!
Old May 25, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I am starting to use Hyatt hotels more than in the past, and am considering cancelling my Harbour suite room at the IC HK and changing to the GH instead.

The prices for the one bed room Executive suite (750 sq feet), which might compare to the Grand Harbour Executive Suite, seem similar.

The Club lounge sounds pretty good at the GH.

Anyone able to provide experience of both hotels?

I am Platinum at Hyatt Gold Passport - does this achieve much?

Thank you.
Old May 25, 2012, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
The distance that the ferry covers from Wan Chai to TST is longer than the journey from IFC to TST, which is the one most people take. The boats go the same speed I believe, Chugga chugga chugga splash.

I still think it was a stupid idea to move the ferry from the Central Piers (near the GPO) to IFC. When it was at the Central Piers, you came off the boat and onto the street. Now at IFC, you get off the boat and trudge for a good 10 minutes before you arrive at Central.
Old May 25, 2012, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BrandonG216
For those who are interested, I shot a very short time lapse video from our room last night:

As you can see, the view is spectacular--even when the weather is cloudy like it's been for us so far. ^^
Great Video! I had a room with a similar view but my visit was socked in by fog. It was neat but not that scenic.
Old May 26, 2012, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
I am starting to use Hyatt hotels more than in the past, and am considering cancelling my Harbour suite room at the IC HK and changing to the GH instead.

The prices for the one bed room Executive suite (750 sq feet), which might compare to the Grand Harbour Executive Suite, seem similar.

The Club lounge sounds pretty good at the GH.

Anyone able to provide experience of both hotels?

I am Platinum at Hyatt Gold Passport - does this achieve much?
You may want to check and see if Hyatt is running their Diamond challenge. If so, take it, you get suite upgrades with it.

I used them for my last stay here, and it was quite nice. Lounge access is very good here, and all Diamonds receive it.
Old May 29, 2012, 2:07 pm

Grand Hyatt Vs Hyatt Regency, H.K. - Free Award Nibghts

Am currently considering getting the Hyatt Chase credit card for my self and for my wife (both have separate GoldPassport accounts). By signing and paying the $75 each, we get 2 award nights each to be used for a standard room at any Hyatt worldwide for up to a year after signing up. I wonder if there are opinions out there whether one Hyatt is better than the other since the rooms are free. We plan to go to H.K. for 4 nights in late Feb 2013. Would we be better off (from a tourist perspective) to stay at the Grand vs the Regency? Does anyone know if GoldPassport points can be used to upgrade the free rooms? Supposedly, by having the credit card, one has Platinum status which doesn't appear to have that much value other than what has been noted on on this forum. Would it be any easier to get to one or the other from the airport or to get to the cruise terminal or to Macau? Thanks for any advice or counsel that might be proffered.
Old May 29, 2012, 6:04 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by XFed2001
Am currently considering getting the Hyatt Chase credit card for my self and for my wife (both have separate GoldPassport accounts). By signing and paying the $75 each, we get 2 award nights each to be used for a standard room at any Hyatt worldwide for up to a year after signing up. I wonder if there are opinions out there whether one Hyatt is better than the other since the rooms are free. We plan to go to H.K. for 4 nights in late Feb 2013. Would we be better off (from a tourist perspective) to stay at the Grand vs the Regency? Does anyone know if GoldPassport points can be used to upgrade the free rooms? Supposedly, by having the credit card, one has Platinum status which doesn't appear to have that much value other than what has been noted on on this forum. Would it be any easier to get to one or the other from the airport or to get to the cruise terminal or to Macau? Thanks for any advice or counsel that might be proffered.
There's a very hepful thread covering exactly this issue in considerable depth and, amazingly, after three or four tries, I managed to find it using the search tool. Here it is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=14479
Old May 29, 2012, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
There's a very hepful thread covering exactly this issue in considerable depth and, amazingly, after three or four tries, I managed to find it using the search tool. Here it is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=14479

Thanks for the referral, RichardInSF.
Old May 30, 2012, 4:39 am

Programs: GP plat, SPG plat
Originally Posted by BrandonG216
I'm staying at this property now and am very impressed. Paid for a four night stay using points (only opting for the basic room and not club room) and got upgraded all four nights to a harbour view room on the 26th floor. I have to say that the daily breakfast downstairs at the Grand Cafe is unbelievable. For those who are interested, I shot a very short time lapse video from our room last night:

This is awesome ^

I'm from Hong Kong and I've never sat still to soak in the view
Old May 30, 2012, 9:09 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
FYI, this and some other similar threads are linked to in the "Property Index & Review" sticky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.