FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 29, 2012, 2:07 pm
XFed2001

Grand Hyatt Vs Hyatt Regency, H.K. - Free Award Nibghts

Am currently considering getting the Hyatt Chase credit card for my self and for my wife (both have separate GoldPassport accounts). By signing and paying the $75 each, we get 2 award nights each to be used for a standard room at any Hyatt worldwide for up to a year after signing up. I wonder if there are opinions out there whether one Hyatt is better than the other since the rooms are free. We plan to go to H.K. for 4 nights in late Feb 2013. Would we be better off (from a tourist perspective) to stay at the Grand vs the Regency? Does anyone know if GoldPassport points can be used to upgrade the free rooms? Supposedly, by having the credit card, one has Platinum status which doesn't appear to have that much value other than what has been noted on on this forum. Would it be any easier to get to one or the other from the airport or to get to the cruise terminal or to Macau? Thanks for any advice or counsel that might be proffered.