Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2007, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
thats not a good look for something that is give for reaching DIAMOND!!!
In my view the Suite Upgrade certificate that comes with the Diamond package is next to worthless. Consider:

* it is not valid at resorts, Hyatt Place, PH Paris and HR Kyoto;
* Any upgrade is based upon availability at the time of check-in;
* for the purposes of this upgrade, a suite provides for ONE BEDROOM accommodation.

The upgrade using points has different rules
Old Feb 24, 2007, 10:08 am

so they let u use points but not the cert???

thats not a good look for something that is give for reaching DIAMOND!!!

how many points did it take?
Technically he shouldn't have been able to use the Suite Upgrade Cert NOR POINTS for a Suite Upgrade. So there's really nothing to complain about here, rather he should be happy that they let him use points when they weren't obligated to per the T&Cs...................
Old Feb 24, 2007, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Choice of View or RC-

Just back from my stay at Grand Hyatt HKG on a paid one night stay. At the desk, I asked about RC access, and was told yes-- but my room was garden view. When I asked if I could have a harbor view, I was told I was already upgraded to RC and if I wanted a harbor view, I would not have access. So basically was given a 'choice' of the upgrade. (RC or View??) I took the RC, as it was overcast anyway, but in the past, I do remember getting both.
PS- still no amenity, but there was a half filled bowl of fruit in the room.

PSS- also note the RC is open for cocktails from 5:30-7:30pm, and closes promptly at that time. I got there about 7:20pm, and they were already in the process of removing the hors d'oeurves and drinks.

Last edited by mauld; Feb 26, 2007 at 7:40 am Reason: additional note
Old Feb 25, 2007, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Technically he shouldn't have been able to use the Suite Upgrade Cert NOR POINTS for a Suite Upgrade. So there's really nothing to complain about here, rather he should be happy that they let him use points when they weren't obligated to per the T&Cs...................
That is absolutely correct. You cannot upgrade award bookings using points but if the hotels allowed me to do that... BTW both hotels charged incorrect amount of points (far less than they should have) for the multi day suite upgrades.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 6:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UAL 1K 2MM, AS MVP Gold, SPG Platinum, DL MM
I stayed for 1 night last month and was upgrade to the club floor w/ harbor view. Nice service but very srtict on check out time etc. Hard to see this property bend the rules in our favor.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Stayed their last week and was got an RC club room and incredible service...^
Old Mar 13, 2007, 6:11 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
What is the lowest corporate rate from which you can use 3,000 GPs to confirm an UG to the Grand Club in advance?
Old Apr 9, 2007, 7:33 am

just left the GHHK booked 3 nts FFN and upgraded to RC and 2 rooms on the amex resorts rate and got the other 2 rooms UG to RC as well. they said they ahd no suites to upgrade to which I dont belive

so I still have this useless Diamond suite ug crt that i have only ever been able to use in Adelaide

Be very careful when accepting harbour view rooms as they are doing pile driving from 11 pm till 4 am we got no sleep at all. I should have been suspicious that I got 3 harbour view rooms
Old Apr 9, 2007, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Be very careful when accepting harbour view rooms as they are doing pile driving from 11 pm till 4 am we got no sleep at all. I should have been suspicious that I got 3 harbour view rooms
Yes, the harbourview rooms will lose their appeal for the next couple of years. The ones facing the harbour are the worst ones now, because they are extending and expanding the HKCEC. Afterwards, the ones facing the island will be the ones to avoid as they fill in the harbour in front of Fenwick Pier. The work is going on 24/7.
Old May 2, 2007, 3:22 pm

Question

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Yes, Amex FHR is the Fine Hotels & Resorts rate. You must pay with an Amex Platinum or Centurion Card.

The code above is still working; I just tried it now; did you type the code in the right field? Technically-speaking, you should call Amex to book the rate, but I found on awhile ago on another Flyertalk thread that people were using the code to book directly on the Hyatt website. And, it definitely works for GHHK and GH Shanghai as I've booked and checked-in many times. In Shanghai, your folio says "Company: American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts".

You can also use the above code to book good rates at properties like Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome and Park Hyatt Milan, in fact, at any Hyatt that participates in Amex FHR.
Just to bring this to the top.
I didnt get the right amount of points for the stay( paid 5 nights) and when I emailed I was told by GP consierge John that this was a contract rate and not eligible for points!!
I called and spoke to gold passport Pam and was told it was eligible.

I do wish they would make up their mind
it either is
or isnt
and would be a big factor in a lot of us booking this rate.

and yes I forgot and tried to pay by visa and was told I had to settle with amex plat. no big deal
Old May 13, 2007, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Just checked into the GHHK last night and was given a welcome note from the General Manager. It said that ...

"As a valued Diamond guest, we are pleased to offer the following:
- An upgrade to a Grand Club room subject to availability
- Welcome Fruit and Turndown Amenities
- Complimentary freshly brewed coffee or tea every morning"

And I am typing this from a Grand Club room ^
Old Jul 25, 2007, 9:31 pm

Just checked out from the GH Hong Kong after 2 nights. The room is beginning to feel rather tired, especially the bathroom. The service is rather patchy, got fruits and a box of chocolate in the room.

The location is not great for this trip, as we are not going for the exhibition, but meeting in the Admiratly side (probably Conrad or Marriott will be better). Would probably have preferred to stay at the Causeway side, as there are many food options there.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
I have stayed here but not for a few years, and I have an upcoming stay -- can anyone please let me know...

(1) SPA - Are the wet areas, sauna, etc. free for Diamond members (or persons staying in suites), like at Grand Hyatt Tokyo for example, and if not, does anyone know the fee to use these areas of the spa? (Well I'm at it, I have this identical question for the PARK Hyatt Tokyo, if anyone knows).

(2) "HARBOR SUITE" - Anyone have any comments on this one bedroom suite? There are neither photos nor a virtual tour for this type of suite. I have stayed in a junior suite last time, that was clearly not a true one bedroom, mainly I am just trying to confirm the Harbor Suite is a true one bedroom with a door to the bedroom that closes. It is advertised as such, but I've found that to be a not so great indicator. Anyone actually stayed in one of these suites?

Thanks!
Old Aug 13, 2007, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by thesilb
SPA - Are the wet areas, sauna, etc. free for Diamond members (or persons staying in suites), like at Grand Hyatt Tokyo for example, and if not, does anyone know the fee to use these areas of the spa? (Well I'm at it, I have this identical question for the PARK Hyatt Tokyo, if anyone knows).
The locker room area (including showers & dry sauna), gym, and pool are free to all hotel guests. Unlike Japanese properties, they don't have a fancy locker room/spa area. They do, however, have the fancy Plateau spa with a variety of expensive treatments. Last I stayed at the PH Tokyo, the wet spa area is free to Diamond.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 4:21 am

Thesilb, I stayed in a 1BR Harbour Suite in Summer 2004. It is a true 1 BR with a double door separating the LR and BR. My problem is that this suite was not renovated as their standard guestrooms. Not sure how it is now. I was not in the Club floor, but was given access.

When travelling solo, I actually prefer their std harbour view room to the suite, simply because of its decor.

Originally Posted by thesilb
I have stayed here but not for a few years, and I have an upcoming stay -- can anyone please let me know...

(1) SPA - Are the wet areas, sauna, etc. free for Diamond members (or persons staying in suites), like at Grand Hyatt Tokyo for example, and if not, does anyone know the fee to use these areas of the spa? (Well I'm at it, I have this identical question for the PARK Hyatt Tokyo, if anyone knows).

(2) "HARBOR SUITE" - Anyone have any comments on this one bedroom suite? There are neither photos nor a virtual tour for this type of suite. I have stayed in a junior suite last time, that was clearly not a true one bedroom, mainly I am just trying to confirm the Harbor Suite is a true one bedroom with a door to the bedroom that closes. It is advertised as such, but I've found that to be a not so great indicator. Anyone actually stayed in one of these suites?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.