FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 2, 2007, 3:22 pm
tinkybelle

Question

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Yes, Amex FHR is the Fine Hotels & Resorts rate. You must pay with an Amex Platinum or Centurion Card.

The code above is still working; I just tried it now; did you type the code in the right field? Technically-speaking, you should call Amex to book the rate, but I found on awhile ago on another Flyertalk thread that people were using the code to book directly on the Hyatt website. And, it definitely works for GHHK and GH Shanghai as I've booked and checked-in many times. In Shanghai, your folio says "Company: American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts".

You can also use the above code to book good rates at properties like Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome and Park Hyatt Milan, in fact, at any Hyatt that participates in Amex FHR.
Just to bring this to the top.
I didnt get the right amount of points for the stay( paid 5 nights) and when I emailed I was told by GP consierge John that this was a contract rate and not eligible for points!!
I called and spoke to gold passport Pam and was told it was eligible.

I do wish they would make up their mind
it either is
or isnt
and would be a big factor in a lot of us booking this rate.

and yes I forgot and tried to pay by visa and was told I had to settle with amex plat. no big deal