Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2005, 9:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Plateau spa experience...

I've been searching around but there's no mentioning of the actual spa experience at Plateau. I'm planning on buying those gift certs for my friend, but hesitated after reading some reports on the tiny spa room.

Has anyone tried one of those spa packages? Do you think it's really worth the money they're asking for? They mention somewhere on the web site that they use Aesop products...but someone mentioned here that they use the crappy toileteries they have in the rooms. Is that correct?
Old Mar 14, 2006, 10:10 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Update- 14March2006

Well it has been a while since my original post. Back again and apparently a few times since that op.

First. At HKG if you purchase a ticket from the Airport Express machine you can only purchase one way or same day return. Not another day return. I paid $100 HKD for a one-way and asked kindly to "upgrade" that to a return at the service center. Total RT is $180 HKD.

Upon arrival late this evening I was greeted warmly. I am here using my last extended life FFN. Thank you Hyatt. My room has been upgraded to Grand Club and I have a one center view of the harbour with a late check-out. As this is our fifth stay I was given a certificate for $200 HKD to be used at the Plateau Spa. As I am going to the Elemis Spa using a CX certificate I asked about extending the use. Fortunately that is already done as it will not expire until 13 March 2007. I nice little touch.

I continue to be bothered by the motion sensor which has been installed in each room. You hear a chirp when you move around. Noticed this the last time. Apparently in all rooms.

I see a new benefit. At least on Club you can have Bose speakers delivered to listen to your iPod inroom.

I also noticed the menu of services says breakfast which starts at 7 AM each morning is Continental. At least in the US that means no hot items. I hope this is not the case. I will find out in a few hours and advise.

I think HSIA was $240 HKD for 24 hours. Regards from the GH HKG.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 7:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
We enjoyed our time at this hotel better than Hong Kong itself. The RC spread was very nice but I wish they offered more Asian food. Service was good but staff insisted that we could not order special food in the club yet other VIP guests were brought dishes of their desire: entire steamers of dim sum, etc. Hotel was a bit too formal in the lobby.
Room was a little small but very confortable. Nice bed and a great bathroom. Shower was beyond good water pressue: it had tons of water volume.
Hong Kong is too foggy and cold for my taste and much like an Asian version of London which is not a complement. No rickshaws in this city. Streets near the hotel were so hard to navigate by foot when walking from the central. Subway is the best system I have seen in Asia including Japan. It is so easy to use with an inexpensive day pass $50HK = $6US. It even tells you what side of car to exit at the next stop.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
One thing that has changed at the GHHK for the worse is that the GP breakfast used to be fresh juice, pastries, and coffee or tea in the room. Now, it is down to coffee or tea, unfortunately in line with most other Hyatts that offer GP breakfast amenities.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
The breakfast includes hot items. This morning- shrimp dumplings, eggs, chicken sausage and hash browns.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 4:07 am

A correction. It is 160 for HSIA for 24 hours and 7 for a local call.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 4:12 am

Elemis Spa HKG

As some of you may know the Elemis Spas in HKG, LHR and MIA are doing a promotion with CX. So the next time you get a CX (at least F) amenity kit keep that paper. It contains a voucher for a free treatment with a facial. I had my treatments today and they were the best I have ever had. I have had more than a few and that is well earned by Elemis HKG. Very good and very easy to reach. Island line from Wan Chai to Central. Exit D2 break a hard left twice and cross the street. At 1 D'Agular. That being said the treatment was great because of the therapist. If you would like her name FT PM me. Also go and find some CX spa vouchers. Regards
Old Apr 29, 2006, 3:57 pm
pdb

Use of Diamond Suite Upgrade & RC Admisison at GH Hong Kong

I will be at the GH HKG in May for several days and am looking forward to using my DIA suite upgrade. There appear to suites available (but that can change, I understand). I am wondering if there any any recent successful experiences using the suite upgrade, especially in conjunction with access to the RC. Since the Suites apparently are not on the RC floor, I wonder if the property will refuse RC admission. (If that were to be the case, I would forego the suite in favor of being on the RC floor.) I've seen other postings regarding RC admission for Diamonds, but not in conjuction with use of the DIA suite upgrade. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Given the difficulty with the property regarding upgrades and my own experiences with the cert, I won't count on success with the Suite Upgrade cert....

OTOH, the times I've been upgraded or have paid to stay in a suite, they have always been on floors above 30, where the most of the suites are located....(i.e. access using the observation elevators)

Yes, you will be afforded GC access by virtue of "paying" a suite rate.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 10:50 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

On a recent stay, they were kind enough to upgrade me to a suite on the 36th floor and it included RC access via the 31st floor.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 10:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Delta Gold
I can't speak to the suite upgrade but I can chime in on the DIA RC upgrade/access issue.

This past month, I stayed multiple times at GHHK and was upgraded to am RC room each times with the exception of my last stay....and was given access during that last stay. Incredible!

I was also happy to see a number of familiar faces from the former Kowloon property (and each of them remembered me by name).

Complete turnaround in service from early '05. Hopefully this will continue in a couple months when I'll have multiple stays again.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
All suites (no matter what floor) come with RC access. And large bottles of L'Occitane shampoos and conditioner, so pretty good loot, to boot.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 2:15 pm

Have the suites been renovated recently? Although properly maintained, they seem old to me, especially compared to the regular (renovated guestrooms). I stayed in one of the suites last year and found that despite their size, the regular Harbour View rooms at GH HKG are simply stunning.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 7:30 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The suite I was in was beautiful and didn't seem at all old. The TV set in the bedroom wasn't a plasma TV, that's about the only old thing in the room.
Old May 6, 2006, 4:10 am
pdb

Thumbs up Very pleasant stay

Even though my missed connection at NRT due to airline delay meant arrival one day later (which was a miracle, given that it was the start of Golden Week in China), upon calling the property from Tokyo (even though it was 5pm on the day of scheduled arrival), they were kind enough not to charge for that missed night. Upon arrival, a suite was not immediately available; however, by later that afternoon I was moved to a suite on a lower level, but very nice nonetheless, and a great harbour view. At last: success with a diamond suite upgrade! And although I'm not much of a toiletries person, those l'Occitane products have a great fragrance and the conditioner is incredibly effective--helping to get each day off to a good start (well, the tim sum at breakfast helped too). Thanks to all posters for the useful input.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.