Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2003, 10:01 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
The Airport Express shuttle is free from HK station, with the train ticket from HKG to HK station, but drops you off between the Ren and GH, actually at the entrance to the convention center. There are a few stairs to take, going the most direct route, not bad as long as you're traveling light. Otherwise, a taxi was about HK$30 from HK station to the GH. You'll have more help than you may need that way, as you will be at the GH front entrance.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 11:44 pm

Programs: Many
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rbAA:
The Airport Express shuttle is free from HK station, with the train ticket from HKG to HK station, but drops you off between the Ren and GH, actually at the entrance to the convention center.</font>
The last time I stayed at the Ren, the Airport Express shuttle dropped me off right at the (Ren) hotel. Is there now a combined stop for the two hotels?

Old Nov 1, 2003, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
For your return from the GH to the aiport you might want to inquire what the hotels car service is. This past March when I was there I had a r/t on the express train, but when checking out the front desk told me the fare on their own car service was actually very close to what the o/w fare + taxi to station would be. (I can't remember the exact rate she quoted me, but I do remember thinking next time, I'll do the hotel's mercedes benz to the airport!!
Old Nov 1, 2003, 7:53 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mauld:
For your return from the GH to the aiport you might want to inquire what the hotels car service is. This past March when I was there I had a r/t on the express train, but when checking out the front desk told me the fare on their own car service was actually very close to what the o/w fare + taxi to station would be. (I can't remember the exact rate she quoted me, but I do remember thinking next time, I'll do the hotel's mercedes benz to the airport!! </font>
How long would it take if you used a car service to get to the airport? The train is so darn efficient, and add the ability to check in and get rid of your bags at HK station is great.

I wish US cities could/would learn a few lessons from Asia and Europes train systems.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 6:34 am

Location: Currently a man without a country; American Airlines-3MM, Executive Platinum; US Airways-Doesn't Matter AAnymore; Hilton-Diamond; Starwood-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by t206:
Again, I had my DND signed on the door. This super clean up service got repeated the next day.
It is so strange, they never cared about the DND signed.
</font>
One side of the DND sign says "Do Not Disturb," the other side says "Please Makeup Room"...since everytime you put the sign out someone was in there cleaning (even when you were climbing into bed and going to sleep???)perhaps this is a positive reflection on the level of service at this hotel if you were hanging the "Makeup" side out on your door.

Just finished a 3 day stay at the GH HKG...incredible property and the Grande Club ROCKS...had 3114 with a sweeping view of the harbor, Kawloon, and the HGK skyline.

Old Nov 28, 2003, 8:01 pm

Location: Currently a man without a country; American Airlines-3MM, Executive Platinum; US Airways-Doesn't Matter AAnymore; Hilton-Diamond; Starwood-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond
Wanted to update the info regarding my recent stay at this property...it was truly the best 3 nights I have ever had...maybe it was the property, the staff, the magic of a new, unexplored, amazing-beyond-belief city...but it was 3 nights of heaven on the 31st floor.

I sent a very sincerely worded thank you via the Hyatt website directly to the property. I mentioned each department I came in contact with and tried to highlight the impression each of them left with me. Within 24 hours I received the following response...

Dear Mr mwp2paris:

Thank you so much for your wonderful message of November 27th 2003.
We were all thoroughly delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your
recent stay with us.

I will ensure that a copy of your letter is posted on the employee notice
board as well as being forwarded to the respective departments concerned.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong in
the hopefully not too distant future.

With Kind Regards

Sincerely

Robert Barker
General Manager
Grand Hyatt Hong Kong
1 Harbour Road
Hong Kong

Tel. 2584 7888
Fax, 2802 7550

I am so glad I took the time to put into words my feelings about my stay at this hotel. I hope the staff who walk by my letter posted on the staff bulletin board realize what amazing impact they can have as service providers...

I teach Customer Service classes for a university's continuing education center's corporate training division...the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong will now be my example of "Knock Your Socks Off" Customer Service whenever I stand before a group of attendees.

Thank you Grand Hyatt Hong Kong...I will be back!

mwp
Old Mar 21, 2004, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
What is the timing difference between the train and a taxi? I will be arriving at 10PM on a Saturday night.

Is the train really faster?
Old Mar 21, 2004, 2:54 pm

Nologic:

I have tried the road option and regreted it. The best way is to take the train and the shuttle bus.

Even at night ( as in your case), I would take the train. Check the HK airport site for the frequency of the shuttle bus at 10.45 PM from Hk station.

I also agree with the taxi option ( at HK/KOWLOON station) if you have a lot of luggage or if you have a very early morning flight back. I remember taking an early morning cab for a NW flight.

Otherwise, it is always the train/shuttle.

[This message has been edited by MSP2000 (edited Mar 21, 2004).]
Old Mar 21, 2004, 4:44 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Keep in mind that the hotel shuttle buses at the HK station stop at 11pm so you are forced to take a taxi from the station to your hotel, which is usually pretty cheap, in any event.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 5:14 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MSP2000:
Nologic:

I have tried the road option and regreted it. The best way is to take the train and the shuttle bus.

Even at night ( as in your case), I would take the train. Check the HK airport site for the frequency of the shuttle bus at 10.45 PM from Hk station.

I also agree with the taxi option ( at HK/KOWLOON station) if you have a lot of luggage or if you have a very early morning flight back. I remember taking an early morning cab for a NW flight.

Otherwise, it is always the train/shuttle.

[This message has been edited by MSP2000 (edited Mar 21, 2004).]
</font>
I ahve no problem with taxi from the station. WHat would your estimate of the timing difference be, including waiting for the train, between the train and the taxi or hotel car from the airport.

Old Mar 22, 2004, 5:32 pm

http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/a...airportex.html

The train trip takes 23 minutes to HK(18 min to Kowloon). A quick changeover to a taxi( last bus is at 11.10pm), should not take more than 10-12 minutes. I am assuming you are staying at the Sheraton/Hyatt. I think I saw your hotel options on another thread!
Old Mar 23, 2004, 6:37 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MSP2000:
http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/a...airportex.html

The train trip takes 23 minutes to HK(18 min to Kowloon). A quick changeover to a taxi( last bus is at 11.10pm), should not take more than 10-12 minutes. I am assuming you are staying at the Sheraton/Hyatt. I think I saw your hotel options on another thread!
</font>
Thanks. I think I'll stay at the Grand Hyatt in Kowloon. Sounds like that's 18 minutes, plus wait for train (5-10 minutes), plus go find taxi at station (5 minutes), plus taxi to hotel (5-10 minues), so door to door runs 33-45 minutes.

The hotel says airport is only 39 kilometres away, or 25 miles, so is that more than 30 minutes by car/taxi at 10PM on Saturday (ignoring cost and convenience of door to door service)...I could see rush hour being a problem, but is Saturday night traffic that bad?

Old Mar 23, 2004, 8:40 am

At 10pm on Saturday, a taxi or private car will be about 5-10 minutes faster than the train-taxi combo. Any traffic delays (which are unlikely to be significant at that time, anyway) would be in the Nathan Rd/Salisbury Rd area, which would affect both routings.

FYI, the Hyatt property in Kowloon is the Hyatt Regency (though the hotel is up for sale and might not be a Hyatt by this time next year). The Grand Hyatt is on HK Island.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 8:49 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wideman:
At 10pm on Saturday, a taxi or private car will be about 5-10 minutes faster than the train-taxi combo. Any traffic delays (which are unlikely to be significant at that time, anyway) would be in the Nathan Rd/Salisbury Rd area, which would affect both routings.

FYI, the Hyatt property in Kowloon is the Hyatt Regency (though the hotel is up for sale and might not be a Hyatt by this time next year). The Grand Hyatt is on HK Island.
</font>
Thanx...sorry about the confusion about the hotel...would be at the Grand Hyatt. I think I'll take the car service, as I will have been flying for a very long time and given comparable commute time. I'll check on cost of taxi vs. hotel car.

Old Apr 2, 2004, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Grand Club question, Grand Hyatt Hong Kong

Can anyone tell me what time they serve the drinks & snacks in the afternoon/evening in the Club at the Grand Hyatt HK?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.