Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2004, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Wi-fi is available in the Lounge. You must sign in first from your room. That is what I was told. I would think you could sign in from the Lounge billing your room. The Hotel does have London Taxi service available upon request. It is being advertised on the TV. Each morning we receive three newspapers- South China, WSJ and Intl Herald Tribune.
Old Nov 26, 2004, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
London Cab service begins at 10:00 AM on weekends. When the bellman realized his error in telling us 7:30 AM we were transported to the Airport Express Hong Kong Station in a Mercedes with compliments. The Lounge had dim sum items this morning (Saturday).
Old Nov 27, 2004, 6:18 am

dim sum is served in the lounge only on the weekends, but it goes quickly and the staff are very slow to replace it.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 2:15 pm

Talking

The steamed pork buns were the best I have ever had. They need to be replaced.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 1:21 pm

Definitely no pork buns downstairs. Too bad that the GC serves dim sum only on weekends. Otherwise, sounds pretty comparable to me. (Forgot to mention that downstairs breakfast buffet also has smoked salmon.) Thanks for the great trip report!
Old Nov 28, 2004, 2:46 pm

Upstairs also has that.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
London Cab service begins at 10:00 AM on weekends. When the bellman realized his error in telling us 7:30 AM we were transported to the Airport Express Hong Kong Station in a Mercedes with compliments. The Lounge had dim sum items this morning (Saturday).
Nice gesture by GH HK...

I was at PH Vendome in Oct and the concierge advised me that there is a free shuttle between PH and Hyatt CDG at 10:30 PM a couple of blocks from the hotel. Well, I waited there from 10:05 until 11:00 but the shuttle never came. Went back to the hotel, spoke to the assistant manager, and she insisted that I must have missed the shuttle. Explained to her that it's impossible I missed the shuttle because I had been waiting since 10:05. Asked her if she would arrange transportation for me to CDG and compensate me, the answer was no. Hired a cab and paid 45 Euros. Upon check-in at Hyatt CDG, the agent advised that the shuttle service had been cancelled a month ago... Explained the situation to him and I was ultimately reimbursed. But I find it unaccetable that a PH can give out wrong info, deny their mistake, leaving the customer stranded for an hour late at night, and not compensate for anything on the spot. All it took was perhaps a couple of phone calls to Hyatt CDG to verify whether such shuttle service exists. Pretty disappointed with the lack of service at such a fine hotel...
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA slave, DL hostage, HGP tool, HH captive, SPG reject
the GHHK is certainly the best hyatt lounge i have been to, although it also happens to be the only non-US lounge i have visited. their hor d'oeuvres selections are yummmmy... mmm....

btw we used the london taxi to get to the airport express station cool service.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 12:06 pm

Just checked into GH staying 2 nights using FFN. Was told no GC available so was given the harbor view room. Not sure if Hyatt.com is accurate but it is showing Grand King available for both 12/04 & 12/05. The reason I wonder if hyatt.com is accurate because I checked in after midnight so it is in fact 12/05 (while it's still 12/04 in US) and 12/04 rate should no longer available. Anyway, very disappointed as this is the first time I didn't get access to Grand Club . Was here in May and both my friends and myself was upgraded and given access to GC .
Old Dec 4, 2004, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by OnePassLover
Just checked into GH staying 2 nights using FFN. Was told no GC available so was given the harbor view room. Not sure if Hyatt.com is accurate but it is showing Grand King available for both 12/04 & 12/05. The reason I wonder if hyatt.com is accurate because I checked in after midnight so it is in fact 12/05 (while it's still 12/04 in US) and 12/04 rate should no longer available. Anyway, very disappointed as this is the first time I didn't get access to Grand Club . Was here in May and both my friends and myself was upgraded and given access to GC .
I thought Grand King is a non-Club room and that Club rooms are Club King and Club Twin?
Old Dec 4, 2004, 2:26 pm

Programs: LH SEN, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Plat, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IncyWincy
I thought Grand King is a non-Club room and that Club rooms are Club King and Club Twin?
That's right but I never understood why the call the "Standard" Rooms "Grand" as they are far away from that.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Olip
That's right but I never understood why the call the "Standard" Rooms "Grand" as they are far away from that.
Even the Club rooms are not too grand by Hong Kong standards. In any case, the club and non-club rooms are just about the same.

I think the Grand comes from the name Grand Hyatt.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 3:17 pm

I just looked on hyatt.com and verified that as you say there are in fact "Club King" rooms and "Club Harbor King" rooms available for both the nights of 12/4 and 12/5. This is just another example of an Int.'l Hyatt not honoring Diamond Benefits. From my experience as well as from other FTers experience, it seems as if there are certain problem Int'l Hyatts (GH HK, GH Beijing) and then many other that actually do comply with the GP rules (GH Taipei, GH Seoul, HR Incheon). Maybe GH HK should become a Hilton and change their name to HWV if they plan on doing this routinely. It seems as if about the only way you can get GC access is to pester Julia or Karen prior to going. That is absurd. If I were you I would march on down to the front desk and ask to speak the the manager on duty. Have him take you to a computer and bring up the Hyatt reservations page and check availability. Better yet, have him pick up the phone and call Hyatt reservations and ask to reserve a Club room at GH HK. Then when he finds out that Club rooms are in fact available, ask him to give you Club access. And yes, the website is in fact accurate. The fact that they leave up the room availability on the reservation page is due to the fact that it is still the prior day in the USA. This is the case when looking for availbility at all Asian/Pacific/Australian Hyatts. I really don't know why GP lets the hotels get away with this type of nonsense.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by IncyWincy
Yes, I meant Club King, not Grand King.

And I feel it's a hazard to complaint and ask for GC access. Maybe I should from now on.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 10:12 pm

Yes, I meant Club King, not Grand King.

And I feel it's a hazard to complaint and ask for GC access. Maybe I should from now on.
I was once told by a reservation agent that *availability* can mean availability from a certain allocation, not just any availability. I was asking if I could use my Diamond upgrade to suite coupon at the HK GH and was told no, that availability means stock from a certain quota, not general stock!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.