Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2004, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by IncyWincy
I was asking if I could use my Diamond upgrade to suite coupon at the HK GH and was told no, that availability means stock from a certain quota, not general stock!
Nice cop out by GH HK on the Suite upgrade!!! The saddest part is that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. If you bitc* and you bit*h loud (or pester Julia and/or Karen as 2 other FTers have done for recent GH HK visits), then you'll get the upgrade, otherwise forget about it. That is just sad that you have to either complain or go through Karen. Like I said above, why doesn't GP clamp down on this type of behavior by the hotels??? If they are going to just say that availability can come from a "certain stock", then really there is no need to even put upgrades as Diamond benefits. Hyatt Diamond benefits may as well just say that the hotel CAN upgrade you if they want to. Same difference.

Last edited by gregorygrady; Dec 5, 2004 at 3:28 am Reason: FT has profanity filters or something. I changed the "B" word to bitc*.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 8:29 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
IMHO. We all know the new rules. Maybe the Hotels do not even know the old rules. Given all that is known and has been published within FT what is the problem with any person working towards getting what they are due? If a Hotel is in frequent violation of the Diamond terms / conditions and I know this. I am going to write some e-mails to make sure it offers all items I am due as a Diamond in good faith. That is the reason I am a Diamond with Hyatt. Karen is noted a as Concierge. That means she is meant to be spoken to respectful way. I appreciated what she did. It was one of the first e-mails I made from the GH HK to thank her. It disgusts me also I had to spend a minute wondering if I would get my benefits. As stated many times before Hyatt should crack down on offending Hotels. IMHO
Old Dec 5, 2004, 6:45 pm

RTWSTARALLIANCE,

I really didn't mean for my post to sound like you were complaining to Karen to get you an upgrade. I re-read my post and I realize it did sound sort of like that, so I apoligize. Don't get me wrong, I would be the first person in line to e-mail Karen if I was going to be staying at the GH HK in the near future. What I meant to convey is that it is SAD that we should even have to be worrying that the only way we can get an upgrade at GH HK is to e-mail Karen about it. I'm sure Karen doesn't want to be burdened with requests to get GC access when it is due us per the Diamond T&Cs. I sure wouldn't want that if I was the GP Concierge. I would rather that the individual hotels actually gave the benefits that they were supposed to give in the first place.

So again, sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean to put you down, rather I meant to put down the GH HK for putting us in a position where we have to complain to and/or contact Karen to get an upgrade.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Just checked into the GHHK for a two night stay, one paid one FFN. Given harbourview Grand Club room without asking. No complaints, obviously.
Old Jan 16, 2005, 1:13 am

Grand Hyatt vs. Conrad in Hong Kong

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
...I've stayed at the Conrad and ...
Dear RTWSTARALLIANCE and others,

How would you compare the Grand Hyatt with the Conrad in Hong Kong?

Thank you!
Old Jan 16, 2005, 5:06 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
About the same given all the pluses and minuses of each. Such as Conrad is much easier to MTR. The Grand Hyatt lounge is way over the top versus the Conrad.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 1:42 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
For the HR HK, get off the Airport Express at Kowloon and shuttle or taxi to the hotel. HR HK is close to the MTR, so you take that to HK Island and get off at Wan Chai, or walk/taxi from Admirality if you don't want to transfer. It seems to be a long walk from Wan Chai and the taxi's are cheap. I did a taxi from the Regal Kowloon to GH HK and it wasn't bad at all. Something around US$11 if I remember.

For the GH HK, take the AE to HK and shuttle (they usualy stop the free shuttle before I arrive,) or taxi (about US$4 and more convenient as the shuttle drops you at the entrance of the convention center, between the GH and Ren. A pain to carry luggage up stairs or around the block to checkin. Taxi is the way to go here.)

The last couple of times I was in HKG, the AE ticket sellers were checking for CX boarding passes for the half price tickets. They used to let anyone use the discount coupons (printed off the internet site for CX specials.) I think the most recent coupon expires like March.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 5:23 pm

as a lowly platinum on a weekend award stay, my confirmation email said that i was given a "garden view". how is that? what else is available? someone mentioned "harbor view", but granted that i probably wouldnt get any upgrades (perhaps its time to use that upgrade cert i'm supposed to have) ... what are my options?
Old Jan 26, 2005, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA slave, DL hostage, HGP tool, HH captive, SPG reject
Originally Posted by rbAA
For the GH HK, take the AE to HK and shuttle (they usualy stop the free shuttle before I arrive,) or taxi (about US$4 and more convenient as the shuttle drops you at the entrance of the convention center, between the GH and Ren. A pain to carry luggage up stairs or around the block to checkin. Taxi is the way to go here.)
yeah it's too bad the shuttle doesn't stop at the GHHK entrance, but for a first-timer to HK the shuttle is like a mini-tour of hotels in HK island
Old Jan 27, 2005, 2:42 am

For 4 people going to the GH HK is it just as easy and cheap to get a taxi from the airport or are we better staying with the Airport Express
Old Jan 28, 2005, 8:54 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by westers
For 4 people going to the GH HK is it just as easy and cheap to get a taxi from the airport or are we better staying with the Airport Express
I would think it's a push, with the taxi being a little more convenient. I know that I have been offered a ride to the airport for about what it would cost for the "full" AE fare, when I had my son with me. It was early morning and I don't think the cabbie had much else to do.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by westers
If everythings fit in one taxi, I would suggest a taxi unless you can use the airport express coupon from cathay pacific.
From airport to hongkong station is HKD100pp one way X 4 = HKD400 plus the taxi fare from the station to GH
It should cost around HKD350 by taxi form airport to GH.
YMMV depends on the traffic.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 4:48 am

Programs: MPO, QF, Avis Preferred, Gold Passport, SPG, HHonours, Golden Circle, Marriott
Getting to either Hyatt is easy and choice for me depends on what I am in HK to do. The previous posts show that they are both easy to get to from the airport express and the MTR.

I stay at both hotels. When I am there for a trade show at the Convention Centre, the Grand Hyatt is the way to go, for other things, the HR gives a good compromise between service and price.

If you're there for tourism, then the HR is the way to go. Kowloon side is much better for fun and travel unless you're into the Wan Chai night scene!!
^

Good luck and see you in HK next time!!

cardenio98
Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
The HK Express is very easy. I took the train and then took the very cheap taxi from the station to the GH. I din't have any HK$, so the doorman paid, and then I got some HK$ at the hotel and reimbursed him.

I like the GH HK very much...there's a very cool air about it and the Grand Club is very good.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 3:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
I have stayed at the GH Hong Kong several times and have always taken a taxi or reserved a car from the hotel. All that changed with my trip there last weekend. I was set to take the taxi as usual upon arrival, but had no HK dollars, so i walked around the airport looking for an ATM, finally I exchanged dollars with the exchange vendor, she asked me if I wanted a ticket for the train, I told her I was going to take a cab, she said to where, told her the GH, she said, don;t be foolish take the train, I said, Ihave too many bags and can;t walk through HK station with all my bags, she said trolleys are right there as you exit the train, taxis a few feet away. Took her advice, everything worked out. WIll never take a taxi to the airport again.

trains run very often, trolleys are waiting at HK station, taxis stand a few steps ahead as you exit the train, checp fare less than $4 to GH. I got from the airport to check-in in less than 30 minutes.

Price aside, the train is faster than a taxi, factor in price and It is a no brainer.

Enjoy HK and the GH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.