Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2005, 7:20 am

We were in Hong Kong in January two times and both were in the low 70s. I am sure you will have a great time.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 3:30 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
What to expect on award stay??

Will reserve a room for late December with points and convert to FFN stay at later date. I would like room with a good view and RC access. Is this likely to happen without extra charge? If they do want cash, what is the amount they will settle?
Old Jul 30, 2005, 3:59 pm

Don't expect too much in HKG!!!!!

Originally Posted by hedoman
Will reserve a room for late December with points and convert to FFN stay at later date. I would like room with a good view and RC access. Is this likely to happen without extra charge? If they do want cash, what is the amount they will settle?
If you really want the RC level, then I suggest that you pay the extra 3000 points per night. Most Diamonds that I know at work have not had much luck with upgrades at the GH in Hong Kong.

Also, I suggest that you check availability of Club rooms for the dates that you are interested. I was planning a visit in December that there was NO AVAILABILITY of any rooms for the couple of dates that I was interested in.

With regard to the cost differential between grand rooms and club rooms, consider the following "Prevaiiling rates"

Prevailing Rate Rate Details
Daily Price Room Type Total Price
3190.00 HKD Grand King 3190.00 HKD
3890.00 HKD Club King 3890.00 HKD
4290.00 HKD Club Harbor King 4290.00 HKD

The differential is a bit less on a corporate rate:

1650.00 HKD Grand Harbor King Bed 1650.00 HKD
1650.00 HKD Grand Harbor Twin 1650.00 HKD
1950.00 HKD Club King 1950.00 HKD
Old Aug 2, 2005, 9:37 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
We stayed at the GH HK a couple of years back and Diamond Status got us upgrades every stay to the RC/GC. However, this was before the new GM took charge.

BTW Does anyone know where the former GM (David Andrew Udell) went? He was excellent!
Old Aug 3, 2005, 10:52 am

Programs: KLM FB plat / Hertz Pres Circle / AB EB Gold
Originally Posted by nologic
I am not sure what "games" you are talking about, but they are very strict about their policies and they are very good at upselling; the last time I was there (last month), the front desk people were going thru a training course in "upselling" during their non-duty hours -- so they take upselling seriously.

They did a good job with me as I upped myself to a junior suite, but we bargained on that, and the room really is MUCH better.
It is NOT a GAME. There are simply committing fraud, LYING and being DISHONEST to their best customers!

After more then 40+ stays at GHHK, I just say goodbye to this stinking front desk!
Old Aug 3, 2005, 2:25 pm

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
Checkin at RC???

Am I correct that this is one of those hotels, where you just bypass the front desk altogether and just head up straight to the Grand Club?

Would you be brazen enough to just say, I am a diamond and checking in on the Grand Club level???
Old Aug 3, 2005, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
I'm a bit disappointed to hear about weird GP behavior at this property.

It was my first experience with Hyatt Internationals and I remember a fantastic upgrade to a GC harbor view room on a points stay after a particularly rough backpacking trip through Borneo-- I was travelling with a friend of mine who'd never stayed at a Hyatt before and can never forget our awe at seeing the view from the room that evening... I have since stayed 4 or 5 times and each stay has been outstanding but in the past two years, my sister has been living in HK so stay with her.

David Udell was indeed a fantastic GM and once helped me sort out a major tiff I had with Herr Wolt at the Hyatt Regency across the harbor; it strikes me that the new management must be very different if these sorts of games are going on. Luxury hotels that charge prices like the GH HK should not EVER play games with rates, inventory, etc. Its very tacky.

FWIW, I know it's not everyone's favorite hotel here, but the GH BKK has never played these games. I always get upgraded if there's space available on the GC floor (no questions asked) and if there isn't I still get access to the Club, whether it's an award stay or a paid stay, going beyond Hyatt's new policy. And this is why the Erawan continues to be my favorite Hyatt in the world.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 6:51 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
Grand Hyatt Hong Kong

Although my particular case involves the GH HK, this could apply anywhere.

I currently have a 3 night FFN reservation for the Grand Hyatt HK. Although I'm Diamond, there is always a question on getting upgraded to a Club room. If I change the first night to a Club King using points, would there be a possibility that they would move me to a lesser room for the additional 2 nights?

P.S. Currently all three nights are available for a Club room with points.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 3:30 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I did this last year, 3 nites Club twin on points and 3 nites FFN. They kept me in the same room all 6 nites with club access, though it was their rooms overlooking the pool. This past stay, 2 nites on FFN, my travel companion and I were UPG'd to harbourview kings with club access, as one of the managers recognized my travel companion. Otherwise, it was going to be an UPG to the club access with rooms overlooking the pool.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 7:47 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Odd, but I have the same issue - Not there mid Nov by any chance?

I have one room at some huge room rate for one night + 3 free nights.
The second is all on points in Grand Club!
Old Oct 31, 2005, 6:08 pm

Grand Hyatt in Hong Kong

I just came back from a few days at the Grand Hyatt in Hong Kong and wanted to let everyone know how great their service was.
Unfortunately, the hotel was sold out when I checked in so they were not able to give me a room when I arrived at 6:30am. I should have booked one for the night before but forgot to. They did let me use the gym/spa so I was able to freshen up before heading to the office.
The rest of my stay was very nice, the room comfortable, and fantastic view.

- Alexandra
Old Oct 31, 2005, 7:02 pm

Thanks for the quick update!
I had 2 FFN book in Nov, but I am thinking to switch my stay to Langham Place Hotel. I know the GH HK is nice, but I perfer to stay in Kowloon, especially the MongKok district.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5MM
Agree on service at the GH HK

I spent a week there in March for a conference and business appointments with colleagues who were also staying there. I am definitely not a fan of large hotels and wouldn't choose WanChai as my neighborhood of choice in HK, but I, too, thought that the service was terrrific, especially given the size of the hotel. The rooms are quite large and comfortable as well.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by rothsteg
The rooms are quite large......
There're many good things about GH HK but room size never popup in my mind . Maybe you get a very good upgrade ?

My last stay I insisted on getting a room at the Club floor since I know there's availability. The first ever success even though I know I couldn't take advantage of it (checkin around 11pm and checkout 6:00am next morning for an early flight).
Old Nov 4, 2005, 1:46 am

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire - BA GGL - AF Plat - LH Senator - EK Gold
yes, same to me. got a Grand club upgrade after 5 stay in GH Hong Kong. Finally I can check their Lounge and see how good it is here in Hong Kong

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.