Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:14 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Quality over Quantity

I was thinking of doing two nights here at the conclusion of our SE Asia whirlwind (departed BKK on January 15th at 01:10 AM) but changed my mind due to awesome treatment and the promise of 9:00 PM late checkout at the InterContinental Bangkok. I did however tour this property on January 5th guided by FD associate Khun Henry whom I know from the Hilton Sukhumvit lounge when he worked there. The hard product looks amazing! Was shown a vast suite on the 24th floor along with a double room (for the kids). Both rooms can be isolated from the entire floor by a privacy double door to form an apartment. The plan was that we would pay P+C rate for one rooms (10K points + THB 4,250++) and the Chase Hyatt CC promotional nights for the 2nd room. They agreed to upgrade one room using one of our Globalist UG certs. I absolutely thought this property looks like a museum with its interesting architecture and many displayed artwork.

The photo album is here:

Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:23 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kalboz
The hard product looks amazing!
You are the only person on FT to have said this and you haven't slept overnight in the hotel.

It is quite the opposite, style over substance. The noise pollution from the lack of double glazing, the sewerage smell and average service are not good enough.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by m0hamed
You are the only person on FT to have said this and you haven't slept overnight in the hotel.

It is quite the opposite, style over substance. The noise pollution from the lack of double glazing, the sewerage smell and average service are not good enough.
Rooms seem functional and comfortable - Has this been reported to upper management? (Not just complain about it to the FD) Any solutions offered?

I remember the St. Regis having a foul sewage smell in their Astor suites during the first 2 years but we no longer hear about that complaint - it's fixable!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:07 pm

Many feedback from here is really making me think twice about staying here in June. I was contemplating on using my 4 free nights from the Hyatt CC (his &her) for this. Should I use the free nights at this PH or the one in Vietnam? Any recommendation? Lastly, I can use it at Malaysia (Grand Hyatt) but not sure if I am getting much value by doing so.

Free night expires in August and I am traveling to SGN/BKK/KUl in June.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:20 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Rooms seem functional and comfortable - Has this been reported to upper management? (Not just complain about it to the FD) Any solutions offered?
Perhaps you should read the thread that others have out effort into contributing to in a meaningful way.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ponickka
Many feedback from here is really making me think twice about staying here in June. I was contemplating on using my 4 free nights from the Hyatt CC (his &her) for this. Should I use the free nights at this PH or the one in Vietnam? Any recommendation? Lastly, I can use it at Malaysia (Grand Hyatt) but not sure if I am getting much value by doing so.

Free night expires in August and I am traveling to SGN/BKK/KUl in June.
Greatest value at BKK considering their skyhigh rack rates.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
The Park Hyatt Bangkok is overpriced relative to the local competition. The Park Hyatt BKK is not worth a 2000-3000 THB premium over the Grand Hyatt Erawan, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, or other comparable properties (yes, I think those properties offer quite comparable standard rooms and good service). Given a choice between the GHE and the Park Hyatt BKK, I would choose to stay at the GHE.

I was given a tour of the PH BKK. Although the hotel's common areas and Central Embassy Mall location are really nice, I found the standard rooms at the PH BKK rather standard; not worth a premium price. In the past, I have stayed in both standard rooms and suites at the GHE and Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, but did not see the suites at the PH BKK. Earlier this week I had oysters and cocktails at the Park Hyatt's Penthouse Bar and Grill. I enjoyed it there and look forward to going back. So for a Hyatt experience in BKK, I would stay at the Grand Hyatt Erawan and visit the Park Hyatt's Penthouse Bar and Grill in the evening one night for cocktails or dinner.

Last edited by conde; Jan 25, 2018 at 10:08 pm Reason: Changed GHE to Park Hyatt BKK: PH BKK not worth 2-3K THB Premium
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by conde
The GHE is not worth a 2000-3000 THB premium over the Grand Hyatt Erawan, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, or other comparable properties
You might want to go back and change GHE to PH. It was clear what you intended.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:53 pm

C&P is rarely a bargain at either GHE or PH. Once ++ is added, the cash component at GHE goes to over 4000, then add the value of the points. I use it because it's not a prepaid rate and consequently can more easily use a Thai issued card.
When the PH first opened the C$P rate was the same as GHE. I'm not sure if that was a promotion or a mistake but I was glad to take advantage of it. It didn't last long, so maybe an error.
Surely the real test for PH will be during the forthcoming summer. While they should continue to do well at weekends, with large numbers of guests from Sing, KL, HK and Taipei, April, May , June will be tougher and harder to sustain the very high rates
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
checking in here in ~4 hrs. Been at the GH for my work stint here - last 2 nights on "personal" time.
Used my Cat 1-7 cert for 1 night (no other chance to use it before March) - and paid for 2nd night.
Just checked - no suites avail online :-(...hopefully upg to Corner Deluxe?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
You might want to go back and change GHE to PH. It was clear what you intended.
Thanks for the "heads up". I updated my previous post to indicate that "The Park Hyatt Bangkok is overpriced relative to the local competition".
Old Jan 26, 2018, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by DltaSchmlta
I spent 5 nights here over new years and had a great stay. I was concerned after reading some of the above reviews prior to going. I had the deluxe room which while smaller than usual still had a huge bathroom, separate powder room and walk in closet. I had no problem with fridge noise and the air conditioning was adequate with temperature in the 80s outside. There is a brief smell of sewage at the entrance as you walk to the elevator to go to the 10th floor lobby, but this smell is common throughout Asia and only lasted a few seconds. I found the Glob breakfast excellent and the happy hr from 6-8 was nice. Was given 4pm checkout with no problems despite hotel being full.
Overall I was very happy with this hotel and would stay again.
Originally Posted by alexyczhu
From my experience from Dec 28 - 30:

The alchohol supply was free flow: .
The recent reviews seem positive!@:-)
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Perhaps you should read the thread that others have out effort into contributing to in a meaningful way.
You wrongly assume that I didn't read the thread and your last 2 entries aren't much meaningful in any way other than being rude.
gspurr likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
My comments after 1 day cycle - 1st time here.

1. Took Uber to hotel - the Uber driver did know the proper entrance for the hotel. I guess the drivers have learned where the entry is.
2. Check-in was fine - Upg to Corner Deluxe (no suite showed avail) - the check-in staff walk you to the room and complete formalities there. Also, I detected no sewage smell in any of the public areas. Maybe they have solved that issue?
3. Evening Happy Hour - again some confusion most likely related to communication? It is "free flow" of the choices of beer/wine. Some people had understand that you could only have 2? We drank Singha, and was surprised that it was draft pints, not bottles, so 2 was plenty. As others have said you get 1 bar platter (per room, not per person). I dont know, if you are 1 person, do they only give you 1 of each item? There are 3 foods on the platter - satay sticks/spring rolls/sliders (2 of each for us - 2 pax)
4. After dinner came back to a very warm room - remembered the comments here and thought "uh oh". But noticed the temp was set on "Auto", took it off Auto to High fan level, pushed down to 19, and room was fine within ~20 min and all night.
5. Breakfast - presented the 1 page card and told we could order from there. We ordered 2 items (eggs & waffles), and helped ourselves to the buffet.

Other comments - I don't notice the corridors being any warmer than the rest of the spaces.

So all in all, ok stay - but value is questionable. Room rate of 12k++ is a lot. But our effective rate was 6k as I was using my Cat 1-7 cert for 1 night.
my gf did comment that she felt the restaurant breakfast (esp the asian items) was better at the GH.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

The pool looks even smaller than I thought in that pic above. They really messed up with that one.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:44 pm
Suspended

In house at present in an xx16 room, the floor map on the door shows it as the largest room on the floor. Used a DSU. Amazing place, happy I stuck with the PH and didnt go to The GH

Kudos to Caroline and Yeni 2 Great employees who go way above and beyond whats called for

xx16 faces the British Embassy and gardens. They know all about the noise problem in the rooms facing the other way and are trying to figure out what to do to prevent it. i suggest if staying here ask for a room facing The british Embassy as theres little to no noise, it also has a view of the pool down below

I havent smelled anything anywhere Ive walked in the hotel, so that problem seems to have been solved, was told it may have come from the restaurants in the mall. sat waiting for someone near the front desk and didnt smell anything at all

If its overpriced at least compared to other places I cant comment on as I have no idea. But Im happy with everything thus far and wish I wasnt leaving come Weds

I guess to some no lounge is a deal killer, for me all I get there is drinks so with 6 bottles of water in the room daily thats solved. Yes I would return here in a moment
Kalboz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.