FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:29 pm
conde

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
The Park Hyatt Bangkok is overpriced relative to the local competition. The Park Hyatt BKK is not worth a 2000-3000 THB premium over the Grand Hyatt Erawan, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, or other comparable properties (yes, I think those properties offer quite comparable standard rooms and good service). Given a choice between the GHE and the Park Hyatt BKK, I would choose to stay at the GHE.

I was given a tour of the PH BKK. Although the hotel's common areas and Central Embassy Mall location are really nice, I found the standard rooms at the PH BKK rather standard; not worth a premium price. In the past, I have stayed in both standard rooms and suites at the GHE and Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, but did not see the suites at the PH BKK. Earlier this week I had oysters and cocktails at the Park Hyatt's Penthouse Bar and Grill. I enjoyed it there and look forward to going back. So for a Hyatt experience in BKK, I would stay at the Grand Hyatt Erawan and visit the Park Hyatt's Penthouse Bar and Grill in the evening one night for cocktails or dinner.

Last edited by conde; Jan 25, 2018 at 10:08 pm Reason: Changed GHE to Park Hyatt BKK: PH BKK not worth 2-3K THB Premium