FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1307256-park-hyatt-paris-vendome-review-master-thread-aug-2011-onward.html)

edgewood49 Nov 6, 2011 7:37 am

Originally Posted by aasjcflyer (Post 17400245)
Take a TAXI.

I agree! One of the best parts of arriving at the PHPV is driving up in a taxi!

Back in April and looking forward to it swell as Milan PH this year.

thc Nov 6, 2011 7:41 am

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC (Post 17400193)
Did you stay at the Lutetia by chance. I stayed there 13 years ago when money was no object . Now things have changed .

What is the RER and how do I get to the PH PARIS VENDOMME this spring.

Wy wife and I have never conquered the concept of traveling light, so loaded down like pack mules , bus to train to walking with 4 suit cases is out of the question. Any other suggestions A La Carmel car service in NYC?

I took one of those "super shuttle" type van services once. I don't remember the name of the service but it was cheaper than a taxi and it was door to door.

I'm sure there are a bunch of companies that run this service. Google "Transportation Charles de Gaulle" or something like that, and you should be able to find more information.

scented Nov 6, 2011 10:28 am

I never had problems getting a taxi that accepts my AMEX at CDG. I just ask the driver or operator to find one. At the PHV it's not that easy but the doormen or Concierge help and call one with credit card reader.

Statement says
31 Okt TAXI G7 EMV CLICHY
Buchungsdatum 01 Nov
EUR 45,00

(paid for CDG to PH Vendôme via Opéra including tip)

aasjcflyer Nov 6, 2011 12:15 pm

Ask before you get in the taxi. Took a taxi from CDG to PHV in October and didn't ask. Had 60 euros and thought that would cover, but heavy traffic and a 67 euro charge. Driver wouldn't take card. Gave him all my euros and $20.00. He seemed satisfied.

jarusoba Nov 6, 2011 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by thc (Post 17400696)
I took one of those "super shuttle" type van services once. I don't remember the name of the service but it was cheaper than a taxi and it was door to door.

I'm sure there are a bunch of companies that run this service. Google "Transportation Charles de Gaulle" or something like that, and you should be able to find more information.

I've used them too and after that, I decided it would be better to use a taxi because of the following reasons:
1. Not a lot cheaper, I guess it depends on traffic.
2. I had to call them with my mobile phone once arrived and then wait for them
3. Taxis are easier because there is always one waiting as I walk out of the terminal. No need to worry about which car is the one that picks me up.
4. No need to reserve in advance.

I would only take the bus if I have no baggage with me.

edgewood49 Nov 6, 2011 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by jarusoba (Post 17402869)
I've used them too and after that, I decided it would be better to use a taxi because of the following reasons:
3. Taxis are easier because there is always one waiting as I walk out of the terminal. No need to worry about which car is the one that picks me up.

I would only take the bus if I have no baggage with me.

Agree on the taxi especially with baggage and in most cases one is flying in from a fairly long flight.

worldexpress Nov 6, 2011 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind (Post 17392166)
1) I've found the vending machines in the booths where you catch Roissybus to be inoperative, sometimes. There's (supposed to be) an attendant in the booth, though I don't know what he does, except affirm that the machine isn't working. Fortunately, as others say, you can pay the driver or buy inside the terminal.

2) Comparing the single trip prices on the Roissybus and the RER, they're almost the same.

Huh? What are you talking about? Please read the post before replying.

tsg20 Nov 7, 2011 1:12 am

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC (Post 17370124)
Have you called the hotel directly , as people have mentioned availability seldom shows online, and calling is much better .

Thanks very much for this tip - in fact I asked my private line rep to look into it, and she managed to "pull some strings" and get exactly the dates that I wanted.

thc Nov 7, 2011 10:44 am

Originally Posted by jarusoba (Post 17402869)

YMMV. In general, I didn't really have the same experience that you described (except for #4.)

edgewood49 Nov 7, 2011 4:29 pm

Best room floors

Refresh my memory are not the two lower room floors the largest in the hotel Except for the suite of course ?

Am returning in April on points and put in request for lower two floors.

peteropny Nov 7, 2011 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49 (Post 17408856)
Refresh my memory are not the two lower room floors the largest in the hotel Except for the suite of course ?

Am returning in April on points and put in request for lower two floors.

Not the largest in square footage (meters) but higher ceilings.

edgewood49 Nov 7, 2011 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 17409171)
Not the largest in square footage (meters) but higher ceilings.

thanks I seemed to remember a post a while back. Anyway five days on points ! Got to love it.

we are also going to the Milan property

boifromtroy Nov 13, 2011 2:45 pm

Would anyone recall whether they have ESPN America in the rooms here? Don't want to miss my Trojans next Saturday....

edgewood49 Nov 13, 2011 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by boifromtroy (Post 17443151)
Would anyone recall whether they have ESPN America in the rooms here? Don't want to miss my Trojans next Saturday....

I hate to say this but who cares if your in Paris ? !!!!!!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...lies/smile.gif

boifromtroy Nov 13, 2011 7:43 pm

Edgewood... Don't disagree but kickoff is at 2am so...