FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1307256-park-hyatt-paris-vendome-review-master-thread-aug-2011-onward.html)

sapguy Oct 29, 2011 11:29 pm

Ahhh yes, les greves (the strikes) and the manifs. It would not be France without them :D

tsg20 Oct 31, 2011 1:17 pm

The hotel appears to be booked out every weekend in Jan-Feb. I'd like to get a stay in with points before my Diamond status expires; is it going to be worth checking for availability every day, or should I expect that there is no chance?

DHalltheway Oct 31, 2011 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by tsg20 (Post 17366800)
The hotel appears to be booked out every weekend in Jan-Feb. I'd like to get a stay in with points before my Diamond status expires; is it going to be worth checking for availability every day, or should I expect that there is no chance?

Wouldn't calling in be faster?

Additionally, I know Diamonds have the room guarantee, but not sure if they apply when using points.

anyone want to clarify?

Firewind Oct 31, 2011 1:42 pm

Yes. In the FFN redemption periods between recessions, this was the m.o. we had to follow. Did I say yes? Yes.

I think we do have the Diamond force for an over-the-top number of points. But I don't remember what people's experience has been with it here, as I'm sure it's pretty rare.

Million Mile Secrets Oct 31, 2011 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC (Post 17278275)

I dont know what I would do with the 4 free nights then .

TIA Logistics logistics :p

You may want to call Chase at 888-245-0625 and ask them the status of your application. I usually do that, if I get the "we'll get back to you" message or if I get declined.

If you don't have a lot of Chase cards it is pretty easy to get approved for another card by shifting credit lines or offering to cancel cards.

If you need additional points, you could also apply for the Chase Freedom ($300 bonus or 30,000 Ultimate Rewards Points after $500 spend) and if you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred you can transfer the Ultimate Rewards points to Hyatt.

Or you could apply for the Chase Ink Bold with a 50K Ultimate Rewards bonus after spending $5K and transfer them to Hyatt.

PETERPNYC Nov 1, 2011 2:07 am

Have you called the hotel directly , as people have mentioned availability seldom shows online, and calling is much better .

NavyUCF Nov 1, 2011 7:24 pm

First Paris Vendome Visit: Directions?

Hello all.

This is my first vist to Paris.

Can anyone give me directions on taking the train from CDG to the Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome?

tjbrooks Nov 1, 2011 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by NavyUCF (Post 17374966)
Can anyone give me directions on taking the train from CDG to the Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome?

Have you considered the Roissy Bus? It takes you direct to the Opera station, which just two blocks away. Google Maps shows the stations and the hotel. Both Roissy Bus and RER are roughly same the cost (10€).

This has been covered frequently in the Vendome Master Thread. Thread merge Mods?

worldexpress Nov 1, 2011 10:26 pm

Train? Why? That's too much work. Take the RoissyBus.

Peninsula Nov 1, 2011 11:03 pm

Roissybus +1

HmmDonuts Nov 2, 2011 12:42 am

+1 for Roissybus.

7ATravel Nov 2, 2011 11:09 am

+1 Roisseybus. Worked great for my wife and me.

jarusoba Nov 2, 2011 12:13 pm

We normally just cab it. It costs about double but it's a more comfortable ride, less waiting, no need to walk from bus stop to hotel with luggage, and the cab doesn't stop at every terminal before going into the city.

NavyUCF Nov 2, 2011 1:24 pm

Roissybus it is!

Thanks for the guidance.

Two follow-up questions:
1. When and how do you pay the bus fare? The website has the times, price, locations, but not where/ how to pay.
2. If I pick it up at Terminal 2A (BA's terminal), how long of a ride is it to Opera station?

RichardInSF Nov 2, 2011 3:43 pm

You are supposed to buy tickets in advance from a hard-to-find clerk, but the driver will take your fare.

It will loop around terminals for a while, but I'd say overall maybe 45-60 mins to Opera.