FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1307256-park-hyatt-paris-vendome-review-master-thread-aug-2011-onward.html)

luxury Nov 2, 2011 3:52 pm

I just use Chabe or Aristos Limousine to take me from airport to hotel. Much more comfortable and it is always nice to arrive in style....

NavyUCF Nov 2, 2011 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 17380180)
You are supposed to buy tickets in advance from a hard-to-find clerk, but the driver will take your fare.

Does the driver accept credit cards, or am I gonna need to hit an ATM?

iluv2fly Nov 2, 2011 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by NavyUCF (Post 17380348)

ATM. And if you are arriving at Terminal 1 (the round, international one), good luck in finding one. I think there are maybe one or two in the whole terminal (outside serurity/customs).

If you can find the hard-to-find-RB-counter at CDG, you can pay with a credit card. If not, dommage.

I'm actually flying to CDG tomorrow evening and staying at the PHV, so I will be taking the RB and can let you know what door the counter and bus is located in Terminal 1 (provided I can even find the counter, as I have Euros and can pay cash).

RichardInSF Nov 2, 2011 9:36 pm

I've never tried a credit card, so not positive, but I don't recall ever seeing anyone paying that way.

FriendlySkies Nov 2, 2011 9:56 pm

The Roissy Bus will take credit cards. No Amex, but Visa is accepted. And, IIRC they also take MasterCard.

iluv2fly Nov 4, 2011 4:10 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 17381875)
The Roissy Bus will take credit cards. No Amex, but Visa is accepted. And, IIRC they also take MasterCard.

As usual, FS is correct. The bus takes Visa, MC and two other ones which this Yankee does not recognze.

The bus stop is out of gate 34. You cross the road and there is a shelter (new-ish, as I havent't seen this nice one before), and there you can purchase your ticket from a kisok which accepts credit cards and cash. The ride now costs 10 Euro one-way.

For United flyers, gate 34 is the closest to the exit from customs that you can get. There is an information booth immediately to the left of door 34. Sorry, I didn't bother looking for the RB counter in the terminal.

skj Nov 4, 2011 5:54 am

Originally Posted by iluv2fly (Post 17389699)
As usual, FS is correct. The bus takes Visa, MC and two other ones which this Yankee does not recognze.

The bus stop is out of gate 34. You cross the road and there is a shelter (new-ish, as I havent't seen this nice one before), and there you can purchase your ticket from a kisok which accepts credit cards and cash. The ride now costs 10 Euro one-way.

I realize this is drifting away from the PHV, but does the kiosk accept US-style, i.e. non-chipped, credit cards ? I recall the kiosks in the railway station at CDG only accept chip cards.

iluv2fly Nov 4, 2011 6:25 am

Originally Posted by skj (Post 17390034)
I realize this is drifting away from the PHV, but does the kiosk accept US-style, i.e. non-chipped, credit cards ? I recall the kiosks in the railway station at CDG only accept chip cards.

Do not know. I paid cash.

7ATravel Nov 4, 2011 10:10 am

My wife and I were there end of September, and we used our credit card at the RB kiosk with no problem. Directions were available in english.

Originally Posted by skj

worldexpress Nov 4, 2011 11:38 am

Pay the driver €10 per person. I don't think all bus stops have ticket machines (probably the easiest and the cheapest and you'll have to hit an ATM at some point anyway, right?).

-or-

Go down to the RER train station ticket counter and purchase a 5 zone (zones 1-5) Paris Visite pass (comes in 1-5 days, a 5-day 1-5 zones pass is €51.20 and they take credit card). This pass is good on all modes of public transportation in Paris including the RoissyBus. If you're staying for 5 or less days, this will get you from and to CDG and every (unlimited) Metro/RER/bus rides in between (including trip out to Versaille). This is probably be a bit more costly option but can't beat the convenience. You also get discounts at some attractions, including at a Seine river cruise operator, which can help defray some of the cost difference.

Firewind Nov 4, 2011 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by worldexpress (Post 17391843)
Pay the driver €10 per person. I don't think all bus stops have ticket machines (probably the easiest and the cheapest and you'll have to hit an ATM at some point anyway, right?).

-or-

Go down to the RER train station ticket counter and purchase a 5 zone (zones 1-5) Paris Visite pass (comes in 1-5 days, a 5-day 1-5 zones pass is €51.20 and they take credit card). This pass is good on all modes of public transportation in Paris including the RoissyBus. If you're staying for 5 or less days, this will get you from and to CDG and every (unlimited) Metro/RER/bus rides in between (including trip out to Versaille). This is probably be a bit more costly option but can't beat the convenience. You also get discounts at some attractions, including at a Seine river cruise operator, which can help defray some of the cost difference.

1) I've found the vending machines in the booths where you catch Roissybus to be inoperative, sometimes. There's (supposed to be) an attendant in the booth, though I don't know what he does, except affirm that the machine isn't working. Fortunately, as others say, you can pay the driver or buy inside the terminal.

2) Comparing the single trip prices on the Roissybus and the RER, they're almost the same.

lalala Nov 5, 2011 8:22 am

Last weekend (10/29) RER B was not operating from CDG. Had to take CDGVal to T3 to pick up another bus to Mitry to pick up RER. I saw some of the less well known grands projects in France and lost two hours of my life I would never get back. Check RER schedule, plan ahead and even if I had picked up Roissy Bus and transferred to St. Germain (where I was staying), I would have been better off.

This is the second time this year this has happened to me.

PETERPNYC Nov 6, 2011 4:45 am

Originally Posted by lalala (Post 17396215)
Last weekend (10/29) RER B was not operating from CDG. Had to take CDGVal to T3 to pick up another bus to Mitry to pick up RER. I saw some of the less well known grands projects in France and lost two hours of my life I would never get back. Check RER schedule, plan ahead and even if I had picked up Roissy Bus and transferred to St. Germain (where I was staying), I would have been better off.

This is the second time this year this has happened to me.

Did you stay at the Lutetia by chance. I stayed there 13 years ago when money was no object . Now things have changed .

What is the RER and how do I get to the PH PARIS VENDOMME this spring.

Wy wife and I have never conquered the concept of traveling light, so loaded down like pack mules , bus to train to walking with 4 suit cases is out of the question. Any other suggestions A La Carmel car service in NYC?

aasjcflyer Nov 6, 2011 5:03 am

Take a TAXI.

NavyUCF Nov 6, 2011 7:33 am

Originally Posted by iluv2fly (Post 17381317)
I'm actually flying to CDG tomorrow evening and staying at the PHV, so I will be taking the RB and can let you know what door the counter and bus is located in Terminal 1 (provided I can even find the counter, as I have Euros and can pay cash).

Eager to hear about your experience

I'm flying into Terminal 2A.