Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
Originally Posted by antonius66
The credit card and promos like that are why we are inevitably going to see any devaluation. The catch 22 of point heavy promos and easier earning through credit card spend, etc....more points flood in and everyone is happy to earn more, but inevitably they charge more for every redemption. I mean, everyone has platinum status now due to the CC, which gives 15% more points into the system to begin with, plus CC spend. Despite the fact that Hyatt promos have been largely terrible this year, all the point influx is bad long term IMHO.
Like any loyalty program, the bene's are great early on. Things are quite competitive right now in the industry and this is the time for consumers to ride the wave. I do like the fact they close the window on the promo sign ups. The April 30 ending promo needed to be registered before April 1 for example.
Old May 18, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Thumbs up

I am doing a Diamond match and from what I read you can keep the 4 confirmed suite upgrades even if you can't complete the trial.
I just wonder if I can use the confirmed suite upgrades to upgrade my friend who is going to Hawaii for Honeymoon or my name has to be in the booking
Thanks
Old May 18, 2012, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by duc1986d
I am doing a Diamond match and from what I read you can keep the 4 confirmed suite upgrades even if you can't complete the trial.
I just wonder if I can use the confirmed suite upgrades to upgrade my friend who is going to Hawaii for Honeymoon or my name has to be in the booking
Thanks
Your name has to be on the booking.

You can keep the 4 confirmed suites IF you apply them to a reservation during the trial (can be any reservation in the future). If you don't apply them anywhere, then the upgrades are taken away.
Old May 18, 2012, 8:53 pm

Programs: GP plat, SPG plat
Originally Posted by edcho

You can keep the 4 confirmed suites IF you apply them to a reservation during the trial (can be any reservation in the future). If you don't apply them anywhere, then the upgrades are taken away.
Sorry if this has been asked already before, but if I have previously status matched, would I be eligible for the challenge? My match was 3 years ago. Thanks!
Old May 18, 2012, 9:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by edcho

So if my name is on the booking do I have to be there to check in?^

So I guess I can keep the four suite upgrades until March 2013, sweet
Old May 18, 2012, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by bouncingbug
Sorry if this has been asked already before, but if I have previously status matched, would I be eligible for the challenge? My match was 3 years ago. Thanks!
You can ask again -- but 99% of time, the answer will probably be no.

Originally Posted by duc1986d
So if my name is on the booking do I have to be there to check in?^

So I guess I can keep the four suite upgrades until March 2013, sweet

Yes -- you have to be there to check-in.

Keep in mind that if you cancel that reservation, you cannot reapply the upgrade anywhere else.
Old May 19, 2012, 12:15 am

Programs: GP plat, SPG plat
Originally Posted by gozetta
I wanted to post that I am very happy with Hyatt so far. I have been Platinum on SPG for 8 years (almost lifetime plat there) but think I have really hit the jackpot with Hyatt. Here's what I did:

* Diamond status match, completed stays in 1 month.
* Diamond status bonus points
* Hit the 16 nights on the promo (ending 4/30), this was HUGE and took several stays away from SPG.
* Got the credit card, two free nights
* Using one of the Suite upgrades at the Park Hyatt Melbourne
* Got the Hyatt spend on the credit card for the bonus points

This may sound incredible but I have only 13 stays since 2000 (lifetime stays) with Hyatt, 5 stays total this year (16 nights), and have racked up 120,000+ points. Obviously most of those points were because of the promos I hit when they came up.

Even with the prospect of SPG lifetime platinum I'm considering Hyatt the best value at this point. 5th night free on SPG redemption seems to be the only thing I would really miss jumping ship. I don't like the forex fees on the SPG card, and I don't like the fact it's AmEx. Hyatt did it right. Another benefit, the category redemption points seem reasonable compared to 120,000 points per night at the W Resort Maldives!

What would I have done differently? Well, I would have done the status match before applying for the credit card to get the 2 suites! But at this point, that would be just greedy. Oh, and I got the Hyatt $75 annual fee waived retroactively since I had booked some nights that same day.
Was this a challenge or a status match?
Old May 19, 2012, 9:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
Originally Posted by bouncingbug
Was this a challenge or a status match?
Status match. They give you the status immediately, good for 60 days IIRC. You must stay so many nights within that period to maintain status through the current year.
Old May 19, 2012, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by gozetta
Status match. They give you the status immediately, good for 60 days IIRC. You must stay so many nights within that period to maintain status through the current year.
I thought that was considered a challenge and "status matches" is only when they give you the status without any requirements to keep the status.

AA usually does this and calls it "challenges" but recently they are giving out status matches (without requirements to fulfill) to UA 1K's.
Old May 23, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion & Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Club
I just called HGP Customer Service as I am trying to request a Diamond Challenge for my wife. She is Marriott Gold and we will be staying 4 nights at the PH Vendome and it would be nice to have the free breakfast.

The lady at HGP said they will only match highest status to highest status, indicating that she would need to demonstrate Marriott Platinum to get the challenge. However, that does not seem to be consistent with what I have seen on this forum. Usually, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, etc. is enough for the match. Can anyone confirm this?
Old May 23, 2012, 10:57 am

Getting the challenge "now" (early 2012) - you'll get 4 upgrades "now", if you complete the challenge status will run through 2/2013.

Getting the challenge "late" in the year (later 2012 - Aug?) - you'll get 4 upgrades then, status will run through 2/2014 if you complete, get another 4 upgrades in 3/2013.

Getting the challenge "very early" in the year (1/2013) - you'll get 4 upgrades then, status will run through 2/2014 if you complete, get another 4 upgrades in 3/2013.[/QUOTE]

how realistic is this ?

i asked for a friend who want to be diamond (he´s got marriot platinum) and hyatt gold passport told me that they can only enroll the status until March 2013...
Old May 23, 2012, 11:10 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by lucjos0224
I just called HGP Customer Service as I am trying to request a Diamond Challenge for my wife. She is Marriott Gold and we will be staying 4 nights at the PH Vendome and it would be nice to have the free breakfast.

The lady at HGP said they will only match highest status to highest status, indicating that she would need to demonstrate Marriott Platinum to get the challenge. However, that does not seem to be consistent with what I have seen on this forum. Usually, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, etc. is enough for the match. Can anyone confirm this?
We have only heard that they'll offer a Diamond challenge to Hilton Gold (have not seen reports of Marriott Gold).
Old May 23, 2012, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by cs1985
Getting the challenge "now" (early 2012) - you'll get 4 upgrades "now", if you complete the challenge status will run through 2/2013.

Getting the challenge "late" in the year (later 2012 - Aug?) - you'll get 4 upgrades then, status will run through 2/2014 if you complete, get another 4 upgrades in 3/2013.

Getting the challenge "very early" in the year (1/2013) - you'll get 4 upgrades then, status will run through 2/2014 if you complete, get another 4 upgrades in 3/2013.

how realistic is this ?

i asked for a friend who want to be diamond (he´s got marriot platinum) and hyatt gold passport told me that they can only enroll the status until March 2013...[/QUOTE]

If you want it for the entire 2013 year, try applying around in August. I applied for the challenge in August and got it for the entire following year.
Old May 24, 2012, 9:13 am

status match

is it still going on? how to do a match? called hyatt CS, no promotion is going on now. please help. TIA
Old May 24, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by tiffany
is it still going on? how to do a match? called hyatt CS, no promotion is going on now. please help. TIA
When I did my match in February, I emailed [email protected] and received a reply the next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.