Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by katieq1
I remember seeing a trial program that ended in June and one that's available to start by 12/31. A similar offer will probably be available in February too if you want to wait. Worst case, you can get Platinum from the credit card which is better than nothing.
There isn't any offer code. It's called a Diamond trial.
If you wait until you're Platinum before getting the card, you get two suite upgrades on top of two free nights.
If you wait until you're a Diamond before getting the card, you get two free nights in a suite. Since you already get four suite upgrades per year as a Diamond, this seems the optimum point for getting the card.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Diamond Status just posted to my account; approximately 24 hours after being accepted for a Diamond Trial.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Diamond Status just posted to my account; approximately 24 hours after being accepted for a Diamond Trial.
From your email in requesting for a challenge, how long did they take to reply you with an offer?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by tycosiao
From your email in requesting for a challenge, how long did they take to reply you with an offer?
I got an automated response 12 minutes after sending my email request. It simply stated that they received my email.

45 minutes after I received the automated message, I was advised that I would be given Diamond Trial status. So call it one hour total time.

I included the automated response and time to get it. If you didn't get an automated response, your email probably wasn't processed.

Hope that helps.

I was interested in using one of the suite upgrades this weekend but I don't see it in my profile. My understanding is that they'll expire at the end of Feb and that Diamond Trial members should get four of them. The hotel I plan on booking looks like it'll be fairly empty this weekend so I'd probably get the suite upgrade anyway but just wanted to try it out. I'm unable to find 'my promotional awards', as listed in the T&C.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 1:18 pm

I got an automated response 12 minutes after sending my email request. It simply stated that they received my email.

45 minutes after I received the automated message, I was advised that I would be given Diamond Trial status. So call it one hour total time.

I included the automated response and time to get it. If you didn't get an automated response, your email probably wasn't processed.

Hope that helps.

I was interested in using one of the suite upgrades this weekend but I don't see it in my profile. My understanding is that they'll expire at the end of Feb and that Diamond Trial members should get four of them. The hotel I plan on booking looks like it'll be fairly empty this weekend so I'd probably get the suite upgrade anyway but just wanted to try it out. I'm unable to find 'my promotional awards', as listed in the T&C.
For me it took me a few hours but it was fast. The suite upgrades are there but probably will show up in your site profile 24-48 hours later. Just call and request it.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by edcho
For me it took me a few hours but it was fast. The suite upgrades are there but probably will show up in your site profile 24-48 hours later. Just call and request it.
Sweet; thanks. The hotel I'm booking for Saturday's pretty empty based on rates but since I've got the certs, I figure I might as well use them.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 3:55 pm

Just because a suite is available, don't expect to get one; that's what the upgrade certificates are for. The Hyatt GPP T&C do not call for Diamonds to be upgraded to suites at check-in.

To find your suite awards, log in to your GP account. You'll find "my awards" under "My account." The suite upgrades will be listed there.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:52 pm

Too Efficient?

I sent in an email asking whether I qualify, of course, with my statements in

I explicitly mentioned that I do not need/want a challenge right now, just an inquiry.

The reply came and Kristi Rapach immediately gave me a challenge till 27 Dec.

I actually want the challenge to start two weeks later and not now as my trips will only end in early Jan and I want those nights to be counted for the challenge.

I do not know whether to be glad for the efficiency or angry that she did not read my email carefully.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 4:28 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
You might consider "escalating" this to GP Concierge via PM. Don't know how difficult it actually is to unwind it, but it seems to be just a misunderstanding uncomplicated by other factors. If it does get so resolved, you'd then want to be sure that you weren't branded with the once per lifetime provision that you wouldn't learn until you make another run at it.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by DealDetective
Just because a suite is available, don't expect to get one; that's what the upgrade certificates are for. The Hyatt GPP T&C do not call for Diamonds to be upgraded to suites at check-in.

To find your suite awards, log in to your GP account. You'll find "my awards" under "My account." The suite upgrades will be listed there.
They popped up sometime after I went to sleep last night. They're listed there now.

Originally Posted by tycosiao
I sent in an email asking whether I qualify, of course, with my statements in

I explicitly mentioned that I do not need/want a challenge right now, just an inquiry.

The reply came and Kristi Rapach immediately gave me a challenge till 27 Dec.

I actually want the challenge to start two weeks later and not now as my trips will only end in early Jan and I want those nights to be counted for the challenge.

I do not know whether to be glad for the efficiency or angry that she did not read my email carefully.
Will you get 12 nights by 27 Dec? If so, I don't think I'd worry about it.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 5:49 am

They popped up sometime after I went to sleep last night. They're listed there now.

Will you get 12 nights by 27 Dec? If so, I don't think I'd worry about it.
I will get 12 nights by 30 Dec.

2 nights in Guangzhou from 28-30.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Firewind
You might consider "escalating" this to GP Concierge via PM. Don't know how difficult it actually is to unwind it, but it seems to be just a misunderstanding uncomplicated by other factors. If it does get so resolved, you'd then want to be sure that you weren't branded with the once per lifetime provision that you wouldn't learn until you make another run at it.
Thanks for the tip and I will make sure I don't get the once per lifetime provision hit on me.

I have replied to Kristy's email and just got to wait.

They seem to be working in US time.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:47 pm

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..

Hope that helps.

I was under the impression that you do NOT get suite upgrades during your Diamond Challenge but only after you have completed the challenge. If the hotel is empty, you may get an upgrade if you ask as I think they only see you as a Diamond on the computer.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by mdggdm
I was under the impression that you do NOT get suite upgrades during your Diamond Challenge but only after you have completed the challenge. If the hotel is empty, you may get an upgrade if you ask as I think they only see you as a Diamond on the computer.
You do get the suite upgrades during the challenge (and stays with you if you complete the challenge).
Old Oct 30, 2011, 9:58 pm

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
Originally Posted by edcho
You do get the suite upgrades during the challenge (and stays with you if you complete the challenge).
They held them back from me untill after the challenge. Not a big deal but it would have been nice to have them for a few of the stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.