Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
You need to figure it can take a few days for your request, including status in another program and at least one recent stay, is processed. That normally comes after you requesting and them acknowledging a challenge is offered.... The suite upgrades do take another few days to appear in your account AFTER your challenge is approved and your status is changed at that time.

So it's not really realistic to expect you will be able to use that first DSU for 2-5 days after you confirm you want to do the challenge and send them your proof of eligibility. These are processed manually so it's not like there is a fixed timeline, although normally they are processed rather quickly (within a day or so).

And suite availability might not be there as well at that short a notice (DSU's only work when the entry level suite is available).
Thanks! This is most useful! I guess I have to count the days and see whether I can make it work. I will check suite upgrade availability again before enrolling.
Old May 15, 2014, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
so I am wondering...how long the enrollment takes until the Diamond status is correctly reflected and how long it takes before I can use the suite upgrade certificates.
If it helps any, I signed up for the Diamond Challenge on May 1 around 9:30am. First reply was in the afternoon around 3:00pm. After a couple back and forths (new challenge had just started so there was some conflicting information) they confirmed my enrollment around 4:00pm. They told me it would be 24 hours before my account would reflect the new status.

My account updated around noon on May 2, so about 20 hours after my enrollment confirmation. At this time, I was told the system would need until May 6 for the Diamond Suite Upgrade certs to post, but this was a slightly longer time frame than usual due to their systems not doing a lot over the weekend. However, you are normally supposed to give it at least one to two days after your status updates before you can expect the DSUs to become available. That said, mine posted on May 3.

In summary, it's fully possible to get your status and DSUs within two days of contacting Hyatt to start the challenge, but to be safe, expect up to two days before you get confirmation of your status and a week before your DSUs are available to use.

To see if your DSUs are available, go to your "Account Detail" and then select "My Awards" from the navigation pane on the upper left side of the screen. If you have no awards showing, then they cannot be used yet. Otherwise, they will appear under a dropdown section entitled "Suite Upgrade Award". You will need to call the number listed to apply the upgrade, and the upgrade can be applied to an existing reservation so you can at least book your standard room ahead of time if space is limited at your hotel of choice.
Old May 15, 2014, 1:03 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kojast
If it helps any, I signed up for the Diamond Challenge on May 1 around 9:30am. First reply was in the afternoon around 3:00pm. After a couple back and forths (new challenge had just started so there was some conflicting information) they confirmed my enrollment around 4:00pm. They told me it would be 24 hours before my account would reflect the new status.

My account updated around noon on May 2, so about 20 hours after my enrollment confirmation. At this time, I was told the system would need until May 6 for the Diamond Suite Upgrade certs to post, but this was a slightly longer time frame than usual due to their systems not doing a lot over the weekend. However, you are normally supposed to give it at least one to two days after your status updates before you can expect the DSUs to become available. That said, mine posted on May 3.

In summary, it's fully possible to get your status and DSUs within two days of contacting Hyatt to start the challenge, but to be safe, expect up to two days before you get confirmation of your status and a week before your DSUs are available to use.

To see if your DSUs are available, go to your "Account Detail" and then select "My Awards" from the navigation pane on the upper left side of the screen. If you have no awards showing, then they cannot be used yet. Otherwise, they will appear under a dropdown section entitled "Suite Upgrade Award". You will need to call the number listed to apply the upgrade, and the upgrade can be applied to an existing reservation so you can at least book your standard room ahead of time if space is limited at your hotel of choice.
This is good information. When I enrolled, I called the same day my status updated online to use one of the DSU, but the agent said they had not posted. She manually confirmed me in the suite and made a personal note to go back in tomorrow to deduct the DSU from my account at that time. I think this CSR just went above and beyond. ^^
Old May 16, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Challenge matched

Matched on May 8th - valid up to Feb 2016. Done within 30 minutes of submission of Marriott Gold status screen shot (17 ytd nights there). DSUs appeared within 24 hours.
Old May 16, 2014, 7:41 pm

Must have stays with other program

Submitted a request to see if they would approved the challenge based on Hilton gold and or IHG Platinum (both attained through CC) but I have no stays YTD in either program. Below is the response I received.

We have received your request to enroll your membership in the Diamond Trial Offer based on your status within the Hilton program. Unfortunately, we cannot enroll you from a copy of your upcoming stay. Please email us a copy of your most recent statement showing your activity over the last 12 months with our competitor.
I do have a stay scheduled with Hilton later this month and will request the challenge again after I complete the stay at Hilton.

Has anyone been approved into the challenge without any stays in the matching program?
Old May 17, 2014, 1:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

[QUOTE=kmcbrid2;22877291Has anyone been approved into the challenge without any stays in the matching program?[/QUOTE]

You could try applying with the Hilton reservation showing in your account. Some people have had success with that.

But it really shouldn't be much to ask for one lousy stay with the competition when applying for such a generous offer :-).
Old May 17, 2014, 3:46 am

You could try applying with the Hilton reservation showing in your account. Some people have had success with that.

But it really shouldn't be much to ask for one lousy stay with the competition when applying for such a generous offer :-).
I did, that is why Hyatt said they could not enroll me just with a upcoming stay.

I plan to fulfill the stay requirement, so no issues there. However, I remembered reading, don't know if it was on this thread or a blogger, that you could get the challenge without any stays in the matching program.

Based on my experience this does not seem to be the case so I'm just trying to get correct information out their for other FT's.
Old May 17, 2014, 3:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
Based on my experience this does not seem to be the case so I'm just trying to get correct information out their for other FT's.
When GP offers a challenge they send you an e-mail with the qualifications you need.

A few years ago they did include something about having a minimum of one stay in the last 12 months but if I look at the wiki that seems to be gone. Now it's just account activity....

Last edited by RTW1; May 17, 2014 at 3:57 am
Old May 17, 2014, 11:43 am

When GP offers a challenge they send you an e-mail with the qualifications you need.

A few years ago they did include something about having a minimum of one stay in the last 12 months but if I look at the wiki that seems to be gone. Now it's just account activity....
My email late last month,

Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Regarding your inquiry, currently a Diamond Trial Offer is available. You will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days with proof of top tier status with one of our competitor programs. However, you must complete 12 nights in 60 days to maintain Diamond membership through February of 2015. You will also receive 1,000 bonus points on your first six eligible nights within 60 days, up to a maximum of 6,000 bonus points. Please be aware that the earning period for the promotion begins at the time of enrollment.

Please note the list of competitors that Hyatt Gold Passport will match:

Hilton Gold VIP or Hilton Diamond VIP
Marriott Gold or Marriott Platinum
Starwood Platinum Preferred Guest
Priority Club Platinum

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

The current offer is open for enrollment till Wednesday, 30 April 2014. After this date, we may have another Diamond Trial Offer later in the year. However, that offer is tentative and cannot be confirmed at this time.
Old May 19, 2014, 10:15 am

Has anyone requested a Diamond Challenge that doesn't start immediately? I would like mine to start June 7 (the date of my next paid stay), but don't really want to hold off until the last minute to request it. I only have 6 of the 12 nights for the challenge currently scheduled and want to give myself as much time as possible to figure out the other 6 nights.
Old May 19, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by penner42
Has anyone requested a Diamond Challenge that doesn't start immediately? I would like mine to start June 7 (the date of my next paid stay), but don't really want to hold off until the last minute to request it. I only have 6 of the 12 nights for the challenge currently scheduled and want to give myself as much time as possible to figure out the other 6 nights.
When I did mine, I asked if I could start it on a specific date and Hyatt just said to email them the day before you want to start and they will activate you. I was a little uneasy with that suggestion, but they were true to their word.
Old May 19, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by doss1
When I did mine, I asked if I could start it on a specific date and Hyatt just said to email them the day before you want to start and they will activate you. I was a little uneasy with that suggestion, but they were true to their word.
I tried but they didn't let me.
Old May 19, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
I tried but they didn't let me.
Who did you contact?
Old May 20, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by penner42
I also wanted to start at a later date but was told to email a day before. I emailed 4 days before and received an email within 30 minutes that the diamond challenge was activated. With my quick experience, I would say you are safe to email a day before.
Old May 20, 2014, 1:28 pm

Can I use a DSU from the diamond challenge on a stay during the 60 period? For example, if I had a stay on the 15th, emailed them to get it activated on the 10th or something, can I still apply the DSU for my stay on the 15th?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.