Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2014, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by baliktad
The benefit is enjoying your Hyatt Diamond status. If your stays are flexible enough to move between calendar years, yes, postponing them might ease your requalification in 2015. Believe it or not, some people choose to stay in hotels for reasons other than just to (re)qualify for elite status.
Originally Posted by stargold
You mean, other than choosing Hyatt in order to get the usual excellent service that Diamond members get? After all, what's the point of getting the status if you're not going to make any use of it?

I suppose it might be different if you're juggling status on multiple programs, however
Just to clarify: I assumed I would "only" get 4 suite upgrade cert valid unil 02/2016 which apparently isn´t the case, the the need to "strategically" use them no longer exists.

I guess I´m lucky in that most of my travel is discretionary and I get to decide where to travel and where to stay. The downside is that I get to pay so I may be a little more focused about getting value out of my money.

I´m definitely looking forward to experiencing the Diamond benefits, compare the service levels of Hyatt properties with other chains and possibly shift some of my business to Hyatt (and drop status with 1-3 other chains).
Old May 12, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I'm not sure this is accurate. After reading some more I am seeing that people received 4 upgrades when they started their challenge and then 4 more in March 2015. I started the challenge in March, so I'm thinking that if I do not re-qualify before then I will only have the 4 upgrades that I started with.
I just completed the challenge this weekend.. 12th night....In the process I used 2 of my suite upgrades..... I still only have the 2 other remaining...

Its been great epxerience being a Diamond...even when I didn't use the Suite upgrades I was upgraded to really nice rooms.. Especially this weekend at the Andaz 5th Ave NYC (I did Points+Cash)....the Splash Suite upgrade wasn't available.... but they still upgraded me to their other tower with the larger wrap around rooms..... they also threw in a $75 breakfast voucher (for restaurant or room service breakfast)....It was a home run...
Old May 12, 2014, 8:15 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by elg26
I just completed the challenge this weekend.. 12th night....In the process I used 2 of my suite upgrades..... I still only have the 2 other remaining...

Its been great epxerience being a Diamond...even when I didn't use the Suite upgrades I was upgraded to really nice rooms.. Especially this weekend at the Andaz 5th Ave NYC (I did Points+Cash)....the Splash Suite upgrade wasn't available.... but they still upgraded me to their other tower with the larger wrap around rooms..... they also threw in a $75 breakfast voucher (for restaurant or room service breakfast)....It was a home run...
Breakfast is not an extra, it's a standard Diamond perk ($75.00 is the standard at Andaz5th).
Old May 12, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
I'm planning on enrolling for the Diamond Challenge starting May 28th. I plan on completing the challenge and completing the 12 require nights. However, I will probably only be able to 1 of the 4 suite upgrade certificates during that time.

By what day do I have to make a booking using the suite upgrade certificates?

When will I get the 4 additional upgrade certificates? I would guess in early 2015. By what day would I have to make a booking using those certificates?
Old May 12, 2014, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
I'm planning on enrolling for the Diamond Challenge starting May 28th. I plan on completing the challenge and completing the 12 require nights. However, I will probably only be able to 1 of the 4 suite upgrade certificates during that time.

By what day do I have to make a booking using the suite upgrade certificates?

When will I get the 4 additional upgrade certificates? I would guess in early 2015. By what day would I have to make a booking using those certificates?
Your 4 suite upgrade certificates will be valid until Feb 28, 2015. You have to book your certs by that date but you can book them on a future stay beyond Feb 28, 2015. After that date any change to a reservation will cause you to forfeit the suite upgrade. 4 new suite upgrade certs will post to your account on March 1, 2015 and be valid until Feb 28, 2016.
Old May 12, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jmgriffin
Your 4 suite upgrade certificates will be valid until Feb 28, 2015. You have to book your certs by that date but you can book them on a future stay beyond Feb 28, 2015. After that date any change to a reservation will cause you to forfeit the suite upgrade. 4 new suite upgrade certs will post to your account on March 1, 2015 and be valid until Feb 28, 2016.
Thanks!
Old May 13, 2014, 12:49 pm

Just got in. Points and cash qualify for an eligible night, right? Apologies for the dumb question, but what is non eligible night?
Old May 13, 2014, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Just got in. Points and cash qualify for an eligible night, right? Apologies for the dumb question, but what is non eligible night?
Awards and reservations made through a third party (particularly if payment is made to the thrid party) are not eligible stays.
Old May 13, 2014, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by peteropny
Awards and reservations made through a third party (particularly if payment is made to the thrid party) are not eligible stays.
Peter, hi! Is a points/cash rate considered an award or a points earning rate? I thought that since points/cash rates are now eligible for points earning on the cash portion -- and I also thought for status nights and various promotions -- that a points/cash rate would now be an acceptable rate for the Diamond challenge?

Please enlighten as to where I am wrong, as this would be a reservation entirely booked via Hyatt phone personnel --as one cannot book a points/cash rate via Hyatt.com -- so no 3rd party website involved.
Old May 13, 2014, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Peter, hi! Is a points/cash rate considered an award or a points earning rate? I thought that since points/cash rates are now eligible for points earning on the cash portion -- and I also thought for status nights and various promotions -- that a points/cash rate would now be an acceptable rate for the Diamond challenge?

Please enlighten as to where I am wrong, as this would be a reservation entirely booked via Hyatt phone personnel --as one cannot book a points/cash rate via Hyatt.com -- so no 3rd party website involved.
Points and Cash is indeed an eligible rate - at least normally - so I would think that it is an eligible rare for Diamond challenge qualification as well as promos. I'm pretty sure I'm right except this is a new twist that hasn't been reported so far IIRC.
Old May 13, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
I used Points + Cash for my diamond challenge and it worked well. Try to find a Hyatt Place and it makes it really easy to qualify...
Old May 13, 2014, 8:15 pm

I signed up for the Diamond challenge in early – mid February of this year. Diamond status was supposed to end on April 30, but I continued to get it until just this week. However, Hyatt still shows me as having Platinum status even though I've only stayed in Hyatt Hotels twice for total of 4 nights. I joined Hyatt in February right before I signed up for the challenge. I do not have a Chase Hyatt credit card. Anybody else have an experience like this? I wonder how long I will keep the Platinum status.
Old May 13, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I signed up for the Diamond challenge in early – mid February of this year. Diamond status was supposed to end on April 30, but I continued to get it until just this week. However, Hyatt still shows me as having Platinum status even though I've only stayed in Hyatt Hotels twice for total of 4 nights. I joined Hyatt in February right before I signed up for the challenge. I do not have a Chase Hyatt credit card. Anybody else have an experience like this? I wonder how long I will keep the Platinum status.
Soft landing. I am staying with Hyatt because of this type of treatment. They have completely sold me on their brand and customer service.
Old May 13, 2014, 10:29 pm

Has anyone had any issues having MGM properties count towards the challenge. I know stays don't credit until 30days afterwards for MGM properties but just wanted to make sure my 4nts at Aria will count.
Old May 13, 2014, 10:45 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by FlyHigh23
Has anyone had any issues having MGM properties count towards the challenge. I know stays don't credit until 30days afterwards for MGM properties but just wanted to make sure my 4nts at Aria will count.
I think the latest update in a confusing series of events is that M-Life stays do not count toward the Hyatt Diamond Challenge:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ge-m-life.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.