Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 1:08 pm

How recent does the stay activity need to be with status? I have Hilton Gold, but haven't had any stay activity this calendar year (but have an upcoming stay at Hilton 4/30-5/3). Does it need to be within the calendar year?

Also, so it's confirmed that the challenge will continue May 1, and that if the challenge is started May 1 or later and completed that we'd receive diamond through 2/2016?

I have enough planned nights in May/June that would allow me to complete the challenge, but I'm on the fence as to whether to start before 4/30 vs 5/1 just because I'm uncertain about what's happening after 5/1.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by jyeunggg
How recent does the stay activity need to be with status? I have Hilton Gold, but haven't had any stay activity this calendar year (but have an upcoming stay at Hilton 4/30-5/3). Does it need to be within the calendar year?
I did not have any recent past Hilton stays but I did -- like you -- have one upcoming. I took a screen shot of my Hilton Gold page to show both status and this upcoming stay. I was approved for Hyatt Diamond Challenge immediately.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:33 am

Programs: SQ QPP1, HYATT DIA, SPG GOLD, HH GOLD, IHG GOLD
It seems that it will be preferable to start the Challenge in June (rather than May) as some members suggested in earlier post?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob

Also, so it's confirmed that the challenge will continue May 1, and that if the challenge is started May 1 or later and completed that we'd receive diamond through 2/2016?

I have enough planned nights in May/June that would allow me to complete the challenge, but I'm on the fence as to whether to start before 4/30 vs 5/1 just because I'm uncertain about what's happening after 5/1.
Everything points towards the offer being extended, but nothing has been confirmed yet. I sent an inquiry to HGP yesterday (as I am Hilton Gold, and plan to do the challenge in early May if it's offered) and they provided the following response (in short, they clearly state an offer past 4/30 has not been confirmed, and that you need at least 1 stay with a competitor in the last 12 months):

Regarding your inquiry, currently a Diamond Trial Offer is available. You will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days with proof of top tier status with one of our competitor programs. However, you must complete 12 nights in 60 days to maintain Diamond membership through February of 2015. You will also receive 1,000 bonus points on your first six eligible nights within 60 days, up to a maximum of 6,000 bonus points. Please be aware that the earning period for the promotion begins at the time of enrollment.

Please note the list of competitors that Hyatt Gold Passport will match:

Hilton Gold VIP or Hilton Diamond VIP
Marriott Gold or Marriott Platinum
Starwood Platinum Preferred Guest
Priority Club Platinum

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months.

Please email a statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

To find more details on our exclusive Diamond membership, please visit us online at:

http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/ben...ip_diamond.jsp

Please note that the current Diamond Trial Offer can be availed till Wednesday, 30 April 2014 and you may choose any day before this to enroll for the offer. We may have another offer available later in the year, which is tentative and cannot be confirmed at this time.

I appreciate your support of Hyatt and the Gold Passport program. Please let me know if I may assist you further.

Best Regards,

Syeda Arjumand Safira (Ms.)
Hyatt Gold Passport Representative
Global Contact Centre

Last edited by laxsnaogg; Apr 23, 2014 at 8:38 am
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz
It seems that it will be preferable to start the Challenge in June (rather than May) as some members suggested in earlier post?
I'll try to restate whats already been posted:

IF Hyatt extends the offer beyond 4/30 (this is yet to be confirmed), and IF you start and complete the challenge post 4/30; you will receive Diamond status through Feb 28, 2016.

Furthermore, you will receive 4 DSU's upon starting the challenge in 2014, and receive another set of 4 in 2015.

Last edited by laxsnaogg; Apr 23, 2014 at 8:45 am
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:34 am

Dang, such is the dilemma that I face. Any chance that if I start the challenge now or before 4/30 that they'll allow me to change to the new challenge if offered 5/1? Is there any precedence on previous diamond challenges for this? Looks like they've usually started 6/1 in the past, which would make it difficult for me to achieve since I have a majority of my nights (7-8) in May and only 5 in June.

Sounds like I should just go for what's already written in the terms and request the challenge before the 4/30 date, but the extra year of Diamond (IF available 5/1) is just so enticing! Thoughts?

Thanks for the feedback so far!
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:18 pm

I am in the same boat as jyeunggg. Can knock out 10 nights in May, and so far only a handful in June. In fact, after I saw May 1st rumored booked my May stays at Hyatt. Decisions....
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by kman5524
I am in the same boat as jyeunggg. Can knock out 10 nights in May, and so far only a handful in June. In fact, after I saw May 1st rumored booked my May stays at Hyatt. Decisions....
What are you planning to do as of right now??
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:47 pm

What are you planning to do as of right now??
Not sure as of today. I just do not want to complete the challenge, and then not be able to get the 50 nights by the end of the year for 2015 status. I should be able to mattress run between Hyatts switching nightly since I am anticipating about 35 nights for the rest of this year. Currently am leaning this way since starting next week till June 6th will be my heavy travel period. Do not want to miss out.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by laxsnaogg
Furthermore, you will receive 4 DSU's upon starting the challenge in 2014, and receive another set of 4 in 2015.
More accurately:

Furthermore, you will receive 4 DSU's upon starting the challenge in 2014, and if you successfully complete the challenge, you will receive another set of 4 in 2015.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
More accurately:

Furthermore, you will receive 4 DSU's upon starting the challenge in 2014, and if you successfully complete the challenge, you will receive another set of 4 in 2015.
Correct. Although I prefaced the sentence you chose to quote by stating "and IF you start and complete the challenge post 4/30".
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by laxsnaogg
Correct. Although I prefaced the sentence you chose to quote by stating "and IF you start and complete the challenge post 4/30".
As you wrote that in a separate paragraph, it is unclear whether the conditions you previously set were reset. Better to just keep all of that text in the same paragraph to avoid confusion.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Am I correct in assuming that I can choose any particular day in the month to start 60 day challenge? And if I start the challenge in May the Diamond status will be valid until February 2016?
Old Apr 25, 2014, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by stiwi
Am I correct in assuming that I can choose any particular day in the month to start 60 day challenge? And if I start the challenge in May the Diamond status will be valid until February 2016?
That's my understanding at this point. I messaged the gold passport concierge and was told that that was the case. This was, however, assuming that Hyatt's diamond challenge terms stay the same after 4/30. Crossing my fingers...
Old Apr 25, 2014, 11:59 am

That's my understanding at this point. I messaged the gold passport concierge and was told that that was the case. This was, however, assuming that Hyatt's diamond challenge terms stay the same after 4/30. Crossing my fingers...
I just talked to the GP rep on the phone and did not know if the next offer would be May 1st or June 1st at this point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.