Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2014, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Members who enrolled after May 1 and complete the challenge get Diamond status until Feb. 28, 2016.

Am I missing something or is there absolutely no benefit in spending more than the required 12 nights at Hyatt properties in 2014? (e.g. completing 50 nights in 2014 wouldn´t earn me any additional points, upgrade certs or status extension). Not complaining, but it would seem as if it actually makes sense to delay most stays until 2015.
well then you don't really get any of the benefits of the status. haha
Old May 11, 2014, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by yerffej201
well then you don't really get any of the benefits of the status. haha
Well, IMO the four suite upgrade certs are the most valuable Diamond perk IMO. If I can spend 4 x 7 nights in a suite, it would appear as if it makes much more sense to do so in 2015 since those nights would give me a reasonable shot at requalifying for Diamond status.
Old May 11, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Well, IMO the four suite upgrade certs are the most valuable Diamond perk IMO. If I can spend 4 x 7 nights in a suite, it would appear as if it makes much more sense to do so in 2015 since those nights would give me a reasonable shot at requalifying for Diamond status.
You will also get another 4 in 2015, at the end of February.
Old May 11, 2014, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by britishcanuck
You will also get another 4 in 2015, at the end of February.
Awesome - didn´t realize I´d receive two sets of upgrade certs.
Old May 11, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Awesome - didn´t realize I´d receive two sets of upgrade certs.
i received 8. I wish there was a way for us to trade DSUs for full breakfast vouchers (not club continental breakfast) as I'm not really one for suites (I prefer smaller cozy rooms) since I'm single and normally travel alone or with my girlfriend. Come on Hyatt, give us breakfast vouchers to a full restaurant, instead!
Old May 11, 2014, 12:19 pm

Do you receive four more DSU after completing the challenge? If so, how long do they typically take to post to the account?
Old May 11, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Do you receive four more DSU after completing the challenge? If so, how long do they typically take to post to the account?
You get 4 for initiating the challenge and then 4 more after you successfully complete it.

I believe they expire after a year.
Old May 11, 2014, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by doss1
You get 4 for initiating the challenge and then 4 more after you successfully complete it.

Is that the year after for the 2015 DSU or right after the challenge is done.
Old May 11, 2014, 2:20 pm

I'm not sure this is accurate. After reading some more I am seeing that people received 4 upgrades when they started their challenge and then 4 more in March 2015. I started the challenge in March, so I'm thinking that if I do not re-qualify before then I will only have the 4 upgrades that I started with.
Old May 11, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
This is real simple.

You get 4 DSUs. Use them or they expire by end of February 15. If you do the 12 nights you get an extension to your diamond status for another year and at the end of February you get another 4 DSUs.

Why ask for a diamond challenge if you are not going to do the 12 nights? Seems a little pointless. It's a great programme.

I done a challenge 2 years ago and try very hard to maintain it which I have done so far.
Old May 11, 2014, 7:55 pm

Am I missing something or is there absolutely no benefit in spending more than the required 12 nights at Hyatt properties in 2014? (e.g. completing 50 nights in 2014 wouldn´t earn me any additional points, upgrade certs or status extension). Not complaining, but it would seem as if it actually makes sense to delay most stays until 2015.
You mean, other than choosing Hyatt in order to get the usual excellent service that Diamond members get? After all, what's the point of getting the status if you're not going to make any use of it?

I suppose it might be different if you're juggling status on multiple programs, however
Old May 11, 2014, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
That's just wrong.

You don't receive any more DSUs until and unless you have Diamond status come March 1st.
Old May 11, 2014, 8:56 pm

Do you earn the 1000 bonus points for the first 6 nights even if you don't successfully complete the challenge?
Old May 11, 2014, 10:54 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Members who enrolled after May 1 and complete the challenge get Diamond status until Feb. 28, 2016.

The benefit is enjoying your Hyatt Diamond status. If your stays are flexible enough to move between calendar years, yes, postponing them might ease your requalification in 2015. Believe it or not, some people choose to stay in hotels for reasons other than just to (re)qualify for elite status.
Old May 12, 2014, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by joetro
Do you earn the 1000 bonus points for the first 6 nights even if you don't successfully complete the challenge?
The points are earned with the nights and posted shortly thereafter. If you stay 6 nights during the challenge you'll get those 6K pts. If you stay <6 nights you'll get the points commensurate with your nights.

If you don't complete the challenge the points are no forfeited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.